• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you Main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
Guess? :awesome:

Obviously gonna be in. I'd pick up either Roy or Raichu(a man can dream) if they're in.

Seconding either marth or falco

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'll definitely main Ness and Kirby again, though I'll try to main Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toon Link and Lucas as well. New characters I might try as well. XD

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
I also lol'd at someone saying they need to buff meta knight- who's broken in both brawl and melee(if you inserted him into it unchanged)

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
If I had to guess, I'd say Roy if they revamped him as a more Magic Knight type character (instead of merely sword wielder with fire effects on his attacks. Even if he just gets a fire based projectile, I'll consider it in the touchdown zone). Otherwise, Ghirahim, Ridley, and Krom for new characters. Pit, Wolf, and Pokemon Trainer for returners.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Toon link still, i hope they make his dair less punishable (at least while over the stage, with the ability to shield or roll to cancel the end lag.) also, i feel song of storms would be more suited for a final smash.

anyways, i digress. newcomers wishlist
Isaac
scrafty
crono
Zant
secret of mana trio (or just the main hero with all the bad *** charge attacks)

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
meh, ive never really had a "main" just a bunch of characters i feel im best with:

top 6 vets:
6. olimar
5. ness/lucas
4. yoshi
3. toon link
2. ice climbers
1. pikachu

top 6 newcomers:
6. k rool (as much as i love him, ive never been too good with heavyweights)
5.rayman (before you think im crazy, it seems that ubisoft has SO much faith in the wii u, which might make him a new third party rep)
4.mewtwo (with a new moveset)
3. bowser jr. (i love this guy)
2. zoroark (on my wifi team, what can i say?)
1. ridley (just ridley)

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I don't really main anybody, but I suppose these characters would get a fair going:

King K.Rool, Tetra, Starfy, Mewtwo, Ridley, Master Hand

Toon Link, Wolf, Pit, King Dedede

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
I don't really main anybody, but I suppose these characters would get a fair going:

King K.Rool, Tetra, Starfy, Mewtwo, Ridley, Master Hand

Toon Link, Wolf, Pit, King Dedede
ok, not that everyone doesn't like master hand but... no i'm sorry not as a playable character. it basically throws balance into the water. anyone who's played final fantasy dissidia: duodecim knows that situation personally *shudders*

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Guess? :awesome:

Obviously gonna be in. I'd pick up either Roy or Raichu(a man can dream) if they're in.

Seconding either marth or falco
curious as to what you're thoughts are on how raichu would differ from pika... not that there aren't a plethora of thunder moves..

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
If they stop making him horrible, then Bowser probably.
This would actually be pretty neat, there's plenty of characters I'd love to play but simply ignored them because they're so ****ty. I really wanted to play as Bowser when Melee came out but after trying him out a few times, it never really sat right with me and I ditched the idea of playing him.

Qlaw

Smash Cadet
curious as to what you're thoughts are on how raichu would differ from pika... not that there aren't a plethora of thunder moves..
>tilt would be a tail whip from behind to infront(remember, his tail is MUCH longer)

nair would be shash64 pika's(again, much bigger limbs)

uair tip sends upward with electric shock, mid semi spikes(while facing) base/raichu sends the side he's facing.

dair could be the same or could stomp his feet twice(the SECOND stomp would be a spike)

>air he launches his fist forward(mario), early % sends them up-sih out, high % away from rai

back air , Raichu kicks out(ness), Or tail whips like yoshi/mewtwo

>smash could stay, Or be like sonics plus electric

Vsamsh breakdances, no electric damage

^ same, slower, stronger

B could be many things, wind up fist(if not smash attack), thundershock that "trips" the opponent with electric(giving the paralyzed effect), no damage or a chargeable beam.

Down b probly the same, potential acts a reflector/heals

up b "wild charge" alone it's quick attack but when hit's it stuns the opponent(no damage) and hurts raichu two per part hit (4% max) no QAC, has melee lag at the end if on ground

side b Rollout, rolls into a ball(chargeable) jump cancleable

Final smash: I dgaf about the soo :p

Grab: Pummels with electric fists

^throw, heaves the opponent up, even though i hate it, probly chaingrabs

>throw Headbutts the opponent forward, least distance throw

V throw, slams the opponent into the ground, popping them into the air(ungrabbable, also can be teched so you don't pop up)

<throw, does one spin on back and kicks opponent outward

all throws have longer(slightly) reach, given, ya know... he has longer arms

Heavier(still light), runs slower, BUT his dashes would be longer PLUS the same time as pika's.

Initial jump is higher second is lower(makes him a good edge guarder but worse recovery) short hop is also higher. ALL moves have more lag(save for headbutt lol)

all moves not stated would remain the same.

Edit: is raichu "unlikely", or can i open a raichu thread now :026:

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I commented already... oh well.
Link, always have been, and always my main. I'll almost definitely second Ness. If Lucario stays him too.
For newcomers there's just too many to decide. I'd like to main the new fire emblem character (if any), preferably Roy(veteran yeah). If Shulk got in he'd be a no brainer for me to play. By that point I think it would come down to who's most fun for me to play.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I can't remember whether I posted in here already. Oh well.

Ike is my main in Brawl, so I'm definitely gonna pick him again if he survives the transition.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
eh... I liked Mewtwo in Melee and Ganondorf (and sometimes, Olimar) in Brawl, though I usually play on random.

if any of the characters I support appear (check my signature), I'll definitely use them, especially Black Knight, Ghirahim, Dark Pit and Cynthia. of course, I also want Mewtwo and Roy back, because I liked using them.

and I'll be honest here, bring more villains and other such dark characters to Smash. and yes, these kinds of characters are usually my favorites.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Everyone who knows me knows I'm an enormous King K. fan, so there's that...

However, if Takamaru makes it in somehow, I'll absolutely try him out. Or just stick with Diddy and Captain O.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Okay since we don't know how anyone actually plays yet here is who I'm 100% going to try out if in smash 4. Zoroark, king k. Rool, krystal, ghirahim and Isaac. Whoever i enjoy playing the most out of then I will main

:phone:

peeup

Smash Lord
Unlikely people to get in that I'd main:
Duck Hunt Dog
Sora

Likely people to get in that I'd main:
Mewtwo

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tingle aLL DA WAY

Lyn also if she managed to get in. And especially if she's that kind of nimble speedster comparable to Sheik and has reach like most swordsmen.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I'll mostlikely main Yoshi. But as possible mains/secondaries:

Bowser
Bowser Jr
Duck Hunt Dog
Possibly a pokemon or a trainer

Eh, gotta wait for the roster

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh man, I have no idea actually. Newcomers I'm not sure. Vets I'll take a guess and say Toon Link and Luca--I mean Claus, the current fighters that I play the most. But nothing's stopping me from playing other vets if they get revamped and I like their play styles.

But, if Roy comes back, especially if he's revamped, imma cry tears of joy, and play him like there's no tomorrow.

grizby2

Smash Lord
i'll probably main Ness.

in the unlikely event of the mother series getting another rep, i'll main that one too.
but if not, id like to main a new Heavy character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Probably Toon Link again, if he plays the same (but with less camping).

But regardless, I just like characters with reliable tilts, some good movement speed, quality aerials, great recovery, lots of different effective ways to approach how to play them (basically have several styles work; I like to change my game up a bit), a few projectiles, are good in the air, and have good, reliable combos.

I think Mario, Luigi, Peach, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Ness, Lucas, and perhaps even Mewtwo (if he returns) are other candidates.

As for potential newcomers, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., Ridley, and Dixie Kong are some characters off the top of my head that fit the way I like to play fairly easily.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Veteran:

Luigi

Obviously, I always use him in any game possible (If I can find the textures for it :3)

Secondaries (Likely and Unlikely)

•Toon Link
•Blaziken
•Ike
• PT (If he is better)
•Paper Mario

And..... Tingle

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool in a heartbeat. I'd also continue maining Bowser and DK, and would likely use Ridley and Bowser Jr. a fair bit as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would main Luigi as I did in Melee and Brawl.
Secondaries would be Bowser, Dedede and Zelda.

mariodk

Smash Ace
if mario join SSB4(as there is a over 9000% chance for) he will be my main
and hoping for a doctor mario alt. like as wario has his warioware alts
my main has always been mario in SSB64/melee/brawl so it will possible be like that in SSB4 aswell

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I'll be maining the random button :p

Once I make my rounds through the characters and figure out how to play as them all, I usually go to random. It makes the game slightly more interesting since you don't know before the match who you're gonna be or who you'll be up against. It makes it a little more fun in my opinion

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
yh..Mewtwo isnt reallyy a villian as close a villian then any other poke has come though..Giovanni the real villian.

PS: how in gods name do i upload a profile pic.. whenever i try do it says ulpad invalid/failed...
the pics or not even that big either..i have tried small ones too still doesnt work..

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
If there will ever be a bomberman, I would probably main him instead. I'd also like to main Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia, if they ever make him in SSB4. xD Still doubt, but if so, then yes. I'd also like to (not main) try ghirahim. :p

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Pikachu. I've been maining Pikachu since N64. Back then, men were men, you only had three special attacks, you could see the characters' skeletons, and thunder-spiking was easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom