• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you Main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I plan on maining Ness like I've done with the past games, but I think I'm going to hop around characters for a while until I settle on someone. If Mike Jones got in, I'd probably automatically gravitate towards him though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who would I main? Well when it comes to veterans I would likely keep using Mario, Luigi and Fox. For any potential newcomers, Issac and Ridley for sure. And 3rd parties? Megaman, hands down, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Characters to Return: Link (hopefully better than Brawl), Zelda, Marth, Ike (if he stays), Snake (if he stays), and Fox

I could probably name more

As for Potential Newcomers: Shulk, Mega-Man, Little Mac, Micaiah, Chrom, Ghirahim, Isa, Matthew, and Mii

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
My Main: :link:(duh)
My Secondaries: :ike::150::toonlink:Ridley, and Chrom/Lucina
My Thirdsies: :ivysaur::marthmelee: :samus::lucario::kirby: Paper Mario

D

Deleted member

I don't think I'll use my Brawl mains anymore. King Dedede may lose his chain grab; I know a lot of people hated that. Snake is likely to drop from roster because he was considered a guest character. We may see this Zelda instead.

Although I loved this incarnation.

Other than that, I'll main Megaman for now until Ridley is officially confirmed. Lyndis if she becomes playable.

Vaati

Smash Rookie
I think Link, Ganondorf or Vaati, but I'll deceide when we'll see some footage. I like Donkey Kong too.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
If Palutena makes it in, I'll mostly be using her more than anyone else. If I can main Brawl Ganon just because I like him in his franchise, I can easily stick to my guns with Palutena.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley if he makes it in, no question about that. Other than that it'd be great to main a not-OP Meta Knight, or I could just go with either Wario or CF again like I did in Brawl and Melee respectively.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I usually tend to main my most wanted characters in every smash since Melee it was Mewtwo and in Brawl it was Toon Link as they were both my most wanted characters in those games. If Professor Layton makes it in then he will definitely be my day 1 main as well. (unless he's a secret character that takes some time to unlock of course)

But any other characters I would main. In terms of veterans. I will definitely stick with Ness, Mario and Pikachu. If they return than Mewtwo and Toon Link as well.

Possible Newcomers I would main besides Layton. Anna, Kururin, Mallo, Mewtwo's new form and Zoroark would be my top picks.

And maybe any other characters who might appeal to me. But really, if Mewtwo, Toon Link and/or Layton show up. They would definitely be my top priority.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Huh. I guess it's kind of difficult without knowing who's actually in the game..

I'd probably stick with Toon Link (if he somehow makes it back in)
But characters like Skull Kid, new Mewtwo Form or Paper Mario are some I'd be very interested in maining as well.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I will main the character that suits me the best, like always.

Hopefully, Diddy Kong will have a new playstyle (was quite disappointed with him, really.) Dedede is a nice character no matter what, and Falcon won't probably change that much.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'll stick with Mario, but I'd play a lot as Mewtwo, Shulk, Ridley, and Mega Man.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
If Mewtwo returns, which I think is very likely, I'll probably main him like I did in Melee. Ridley and K. Rool sound like they'd be fun too, though. It's hard to guess for me because I tend to select chars based on how their play style appeals to me, not on who they are.
Also, in the extremely low chance Lyn gets in, I would definitely play as her.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Newcomers: #1: Mewtwo
#2: Bowser Jr.
#3: Waddle Dee
#4: Ridley
#5: Zoroark

Veterans: #1: Bowser
#2: King Dedede
#3: Ganondorf
#4: Toon Link
#5: Pikachu

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
If Palutena makes it in, she's immediately my main. Aside from her, Mewtwo, Wolf and characters from my most wanted (Porky, Robin, K. Rool, Ridley) would have a strong chance of being secondaries.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How have I not posted here yet?

Counting for who we have seen so far, I'll be maining Bowser and Kirby, though assuming King Dedede returns, (which he likely will) he might be my main again.

D

Deleted member

Started maining with Luigi and will always main Luigi. I don't care if he is Meta Knight OP or Ganondorf bad, Luigi is my favorite character and I will always main him in every single game and master him.

My secondaries are (and will be) Pikachu and Meta Knight. If he is in the game, then another secondary for me will be Little Mac.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ooh, well I usually play lots of characters and have trouble choosing one, but I guess my main must be Villager! I can see it now...planting trees to scare opponents away from the area and staying there catching projectiles thrown at me, or if they're the wiser just shooting my slingshot over yonder. Ohh the joy...the power...and I'd be smiling the whole way through~

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I never know until I play the game.

Before Brawl launched in the US, I thought Lucario looked the best to me. After I've played as all the characters a million times, I figured out that he's my worst. I never expected to like Lucas or Olimar as much as I do. Honestly I thought I'd like Charizard a lot more than I do. Ivysaur wasn't much of a surprise, but I'm so pleased that I love how it plays.

I've never been a Fire Emblem or Zelda fan but Roy and Zelda were easily my favorites in Melee. I'd always like to say that I'd main a character because I like the character, but it's really about how they play more than anything.

...That being said... I'd love to see my version of a 2nd Pokemon Trainer (Seen below, using Snivy, Quilava & Swampert). And I think that I would probably love to use it. Probably.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
As of right now, leaning towards my boy Pikachu. Mega Man was a huge win for me, one of my childhood games. Definitely gonna be playing him a lot, also.

If Shulk gets in, I'll consider him also. Those are the big three on my list as of right now.

nessokman

Smash Lord
What characters are you already considering to be mains? As in from what we've seen, you are really thinking about making them a candidate for a main character.

For me,

I'm extremely interested in Pit, as he has a new found place in my heart after uprising. He seems like he will be a good character now, and I'm really happy to see him return.The various items and weapons from uprising are going to make him a force to be reckoned with. It will be interesting to see how he turns out in full.

Rosalina is a definite maybe, out of the three newcomers, I am really interested in making her either my main, or keeping her as a reserve. Plus my friend says she's his Waifu, and he has already determined he will main her. It will be fun to stomp him with his own main.

Who are you considering?

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Wii Fit Trainer is a definite main for me. I've always been a fan of the real oddball characters such as G&W and Rob so I feel Wii Fit Trainer will be the same

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't really do mains. I like to use everyone (more or less, there are certainly characters I'm better with and characters I sort of dread playing). The phrase, "jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind" when thinking of how I play Smash.

Nevertheless, I'm very excited to play as all of the new characters. It's gonna be hard to pick who to play as first: Rosalina, Villager or Megaman (though, they likely won't be available from the oustset. I'm interested in Wii Fit too, of course. They just haven't shown much of her recently some my interest is waning. They keep detailing Rosa's moves and Villager's and leaving ol' Wii Fit out, and that developer direct really detailed Megaman's moves. Wii Fit seems like more of a mystery. I'm also interested in trying out the new Bowser and, yes, the changes in Pit. I really need to play Uprising.

I also can't believe it took my this long to understand what "waifu" means.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
As of right now, Samus is the only character I have even a remote interest in, and she's probably just going to be nearly exactly the same as her previous incarnations.

While this installment has introduced a few new and "interesting" playstyles, I'm not interested enough in any of them to overcome my absolute lack of interest in the characters themselves. I like maining characters I actually like because I can pair my skill with said character with a desire for him/her to win simply because I like them. None of the cast has given me that feeling.

That's a (small) reason I'm rooting for Ridley and a more Wario Land-inspired Wario; characters that I actually like will make me actually want to buy the game. As of right now, I'm not sold.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yoshi.

Oh, he doesn't count cause he's not confirmed? Well screw you guy in my imagination!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
From currently revealed characters?

Mega Man and Rosalina seem most interesting. I'll definitely see if Olimar's changed any though.

I'm pretty bad at pet characters in fighting games, but I'm definitely going to try to make Rosalina work for me. Mega Man should be pretty solidly fun though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The two threads regarding potential mains have been merged (even though one hasn't seen activity in a while).

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm extremely interested in Wii Fit Trainer for some reason, I'm already planning on using her(/him) first when I get the game and might end up maining her(/him). (S)he looks like an agile yet quirky character. Some might see her(/him) as kind of plain but I like my characters simple and efficient.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Each Smash game, I've originally main'd my current main of the previous game.

Seeing as how I main'd Toon Link in Brawl up until I stopped playing that game in 2009, I will main him again.

I did the same thing with Fox (my then and current Melee main) in Brawl and Kirby (my then Smash 64 main) in Melee.

I wonder who I will end up main'ing though.

I always am good with Ness, I always like Captain Falcon and Kirby, Lucas' style fits mine and I like him, I'm good with Pit in Project M, Toon Link is just the epitome of how I play (aggressive as a raging bull), Mario is my guy in Smash 64, and I love Fox in Melee.

So yeah, any of those characters, plus potentially Luigi, Marth, Roy, Mewtwo, Diddy Kong, Ike, Sonic, Mega Man, and heck, even the Villager could be my final mains of the current crop of past characters and confirmed newcomers.

My top 5 bets are:
5. Ness
4. Mario (I get the "unremarkable" vibes from him again)
3. Fox
2. Mega Man
1. Toon Link

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well I usually gravitate around 3-5 characters. How it ends up mostly depends on any potential newcomers. So far the roster is looking to come out as

1) Pokemon Trainer*
2) Ness*
3) Bowser
4) Sonic
5) Jigglypuff*

I'm highly interested in how Villager and Rosalina plays though. Particularly Villager, he seems like a very fascinating character to play as.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yoshi*. Always.

I'll second Bowser, Wario*, Luigi, Mario most likely.

I'll dabble with Villager but the rest of the newcomers haven't exactly blown me away like Brawl or Melee did.

*Upon confirmation of them returning. Pretty confident though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom