• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you Main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Captain Falcon, Link Mewtwo, or Marth. If Genesect got him, he would outprioritize all four of those guys and I would get to MASTER him.

Has anyone said "Meta Knight, but only if he's still broken?"

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've been maining Yoshi in every game he's in since Mario Party 1

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmmm... I do love Snake. And not just because his tilts are overpowered.

There are plenty of characters I like playing as, but if Shulk gets in, then probably him.

pasta1236

Smash Rookie
definitely Isaac. and Link if they make him better. although i cant let go of pikachu either.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
It depends on what the characters will be like. I look for heavy, fast characters that are good in the air and good at juggling and have a good recovery.

That being said, I will main Robotnik unless he's garbage.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Who will i main? Rayquaza ofc!
But if he doesnt get in then i just have to go with Slowpoke. He looked soo good in the Sm4sh Trailer beating up Groudon.

:phone:

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
If he stays in Sonic, and other Sonic characters, (which have a VERY low shot). If not, Wario, and other Wario characters (preferably WairoWare). If not, probably Snake one of the top tier characters.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Ike was my main in Brawl, so that's who I'd main in SM4SH, assuming he doesn't get cut.

As far as newcomer's go, I'd really just main whoever I play good with, not necessarily a character that I like (though I will play as them often). But, for characters that I like and would not necessearily main, but would play a lot, I'd have to say (if they get in) Shulk, Dillon, Mike Jones, and Muddy Mole.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Who will I main?

Someone sexy, that's for sure. He needs to have good looks! ;)

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Id say Ridley or Dark Samus if they get in, sorry when they get in. Also Samus if she gets a good buff. Maybe another character that has good range attacks. So maybe Isaac

G_Major

Smash Rookie
As far as veterans go, Lucas and Ness will probably still be my mains. If Isaac gets in, then he will most definitely join them. He has been my most wanted character since the early speculation days of Brawl. I would also love to play as the Masked Man, but his chances seem too slim :/

:phone:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll keep it simple, since I know once it's released I'll look back on this thread and just think:

"Yeah...yeah that's how this kind of thing works..."

So!

Returning : Most likely Diddy and Olimar (Especially considering he'll have some Rock and Pink Pikmin action going on in addition to the other five.)

Possible newcomers:

Takamaru : Yes please.
K. Rool: Do I need to go back through my old posts? Please!

And who knows, I might even find some new favorites. Yeah.

D

Deleted member

I might main Zelda unless her Skyward Sword counterpart replaces Twilight Princess's. Ridley will be one of newcomers I'll use if he becomes playable. Lyn if she converts into playable character. I hope Sheik returns; she's one of my projected mains. I don't have a consistent main character because of aesthetic changes, buffs and tweaks for each character. I'll have to wait until the game is near complete.

Projected Main: :sheik:
Former Main: :fox:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley. Ridley. Ridley. Ridley. Ridley. Ridley.

Oh and Mewtwo.

Maybe K.Rool, Mac or Isaac.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Ryan from fire emblem 12 (and 3) no doubt. So. Damn. Cute. Just look at this face
image.jpg

Not to mention that just after the prologue he started kicking SO MUCH ass for me. Like he would get 5 or 6 stats up every level up it was intense.

But in all honesty probly Marth and Chrom/Ike
Krystal if she makes it sounds like a character I would like, along with shulk and little Mac and probably takamaru

Bandana dee, zoroark and yoshimistu if they could possibly make it would probably be to my liking. Yoshimistu is easily my favorite character in both soul calibur and tekken fighting wise

EDIT: wolf and pikachu are sick too. I experiment with my character selection too much... Maybe that's why I'm not that great haha

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll keep my brawl mains - Luigi, Zelda, ROB. Of course I'll try out others to see if I can get a hang of their playstyle.

D

Deleted member

Depends on what happens.

I know for a fact that I'll be playing as Mario a lot since I mained him in 64 and Melee. Sonic became my main in Brawl, who I really enjoyed having around.

But if Mega Man gets into Super Smash Bros. 4, I will main him at all cost.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Impossible to say. I started off wanting to main Olimar in Brawl but I find ROB suited me better. If Mega Man is in it I'll do my darndest to main him.

Tikao

Smash Ace
i'll try to main some earthbound-chars, so Ness, Lucas or Newcomers like Jeff or Duster (if they would get in)
also mr-saturn for ssb4

and jigglypuff, but only if they make her .... not useless

also bowser jr., if he gets in ... he would be so awesome to play ( i just know it D: )

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Whoever I find the most fun to play and the most competitively viable out of:
- Shulk
- Ganondorf (only if he has his own moveset)
- Link
- or Marth

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Assuming they return, Olimar, Mewtwo and Ganondorf. For newcomers, probably Ridley, some other evil looking character (:evil:) or characters whose gameplay please me.

Will likely play on random as well, like I mostly do in Brawl.

Sasser

solo nana
meta knight.

that is if i no longer have to feel dirty playing him. or the latest version of smash.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Playstyle and moveset are big factors for me, but so is my overall feeling about the character. Balancing my perception of how they'd play and my own character preferences, I'd say for newcomers, it's pretty likely that I'd main King K. Rool, Waddle Dee, and/or Toon Zelda/Tetra. I would probably insta-main Genesect just because Dennis is cool like that. As for veterans, I think I'd retain my mainage of Lucario and Pokemon Trainer.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Returning characters: Captain Falcon, Roy and Mewtwo (if they come back, if not then Fox and Marth probably).
Newcomers: King K. Rool, Shulk and Little Mac.

I usually have around 6 of what I'd call my mains.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Toss up between the most evil
Bowser/Ridley/Mewtwo/K.Rool

Depending on which of those gets in and if there not stupidly garbage i will work with what i get outta those 4.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well.. you want a list?

-Professor Layton
-Dillon
-Little Mac
-Chrom
-Skull Kid.

I'd LOVE Layton and Skull kid.... but Dillon, Little Mac and Chrom are probably the most likely.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Knowing me, I would try all of them.

But... whether I main them or not is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom