• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbling Compromise

Pi

Smash Hero
I like how that issue always comes up, as if the melee community is comprised of a bunch of back alley lurking swindlers who are looking for any loophole they can find to sneak in that extra %.

Inform the people who would be affected by the rule before hand, and hope they're not some greasy nerd who is going to blatantly lie about breaking the agreement.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I believe a compromise needs to exist when there are conflicting opinions at a tournament. Sometimes there aren't even any ice climber players at all so it doesn't matter. But if there are and wobbling is banned, the ice climbers players should at least be allowed something. Likewise, if wobbling is not banned, the other players would want a compromise as well.

At least what the T.O. should do is poll his entrants for their opinions and offer a compromise if the entrants are split.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Wobbling is really lame and I wish it didn't exist, but my stance on the issue remains that unless ICs become the best character in the game with Wobbling, there is no fair reason to ban it.

Furthermore, if Wobbling is unbanned then it would simply be foolish of an ICs player to not use it if he's trying to win. People shouldn't think any less of people who use it. Once money is put on the line, you play with as much bull**** as it takes to win.

Pi

Smash Hero
Wobbling is not ban worthy, the only reason to limit/restrict/ban it's use would be to get more accurate results from the already inaccurate placings tournaments provide.
-The reason I say this is because I feel that wobbling is something you can learn to avoid almost entirely with a change of playstyle, therefore whether wobbling is banned or not won't make a difference, it would just come down to how you and the IC's perform outside of grab games.

The only reason people would lose solely to wobbling is because it's not something they have to deal with on a regular basis, nor is it an easy playstyle to adapt to, but nonetheless it is avoidable, as all grabs are. Just because you may have to focus your attention almost entirely to not getting grabbed doesn't make it a less of a match. Direct your focus to not getting grabbed and you'll be a better player for it.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Fly Amanita, and Wobbles are really cool... <----(shoutout) and Fly you prolly don't remember me ^^ ...
Anyway I've played with Rob, and Fly Amanita both...Both amazing players too.. ^^ I've come close to beating both players sub sequential times too....and I'm not considered good at all i dont think.. =/

I think what everyone's saying is that I guess it's not fun/enjoyable, knowing that they have to watch as they're about to lose a stock, and the worst part being able to do nothing about it...Painful feeling... I guess from a certain point of view... every other move in the game "even shine, other moves have some small typical chance of the victim, being able to possibly change the outcome of the maneuver (SDI is a quick example)... Of course the IC's also cannot make an error with the timing etc... and even as Wobbles stated... It's possible to escape the grab before the process even initiates...

Sadly how simple the concept is of the technique which is essentially "precised timing"' and F-tilt, doesn't exactly "help" the IC's case in this argument thus may serve as a large part in why multiple people want it banned.... I'm sure if wobbling had a higher degree of a "learning curve" this argument wouldn't even be happening, (at least I don't think)... Well yeah, I guess that's my input on it... I admit it's mad frustrating.. when caught in it..... but, I guess that's sometimes part of the game? =/

I'm not trying to start anything negative towards anyone.. I agree with both sides on certain points.. I guess many people would just like to see how they'd fare against an IC's player that doesn't have to worry about that technique in general...In terms of "enjoyment" I suppose i'd be happier if it's banned...but for "tourney reasons" where I guess it all matters, I wouldn't mind whatever outcome it had....It'd would mostly motivate me to just become a better player which I hope to become someday.. =)

@wobbles - You still gonna let me make a combo video for you? eventually? I'll make it good (I hope)
@Roneblaster - OMG YOU ****! <3 just watched some videos... ^^ way sick
@PC Jona, Axe said you were funny.. ^^ I like funny people...
@ANYBODY - you should let me make you a combo video <3333333

K enough random comments. I love you all <333 I'm off to train my bad Yoshi! and become something ^^ (hopefully)

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Until I see IC players ****** tournaments through wobbling, there's no reason it should be banned. Things should only be banned when they invalidate or at least degrade the metagame, IC's with wobbling aren't even a top tier character so what's the problem?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wobbling is totally needed vs peach it helps out much, because I don't think we have a decent chain throw vs her and can be done in human react time.

I wish they shouldn't use it if they are winning by 2 stocks because then your just plain gay same with chain throw. bur really many people can't be chain throw legitly by them so wobbling is the answer tthem

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i hate wobblin
Boback lol.
------------

question for pro bans: if you are on your last stock in a team match, double Ic vs a single fox. if they "wobble" you is it broken? (both nanas are dead)

what about sb charge and grab with pummeling?

on your last stock are these broken in teams, if not-what if its an Ic vs a fox both at 50%, wobbling legal?

if wobbling is game breaking and uber, which is the only way its ban worthy, why don't you pick IC as well and PROVE that its broken.

its a scrub mentality to complain about things because you don't have the discipline to beat it. you can't just ban something because its good, you have to PROVE that its unbeatable and ruins the game.

there is no reason to ban it. you can just kill nana, wiggle out, pick Ic, space or camp.

the standard is innocent until proven guilty, why is wobbles the phoenix the undisputed, unbeatable best player in the world? (when wobbling is legal)

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Wobbling has an easy counter: Just scream REALLY loudly or keep making ticking noises that are too fast and loud that disrupt their concentration and timing, lol.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
what makes a top player? the signature ability to consistantly kill or combo off any givin chance. m2ks marth is garunteed to gimp u if ur offstage or 0-death cg u from a grab on FD. mangos falco will either kill u or cause mad % if he shines u.

jman could have beaten mango at pound 4 if he was more consistant w/ grab combos. cactus might have been the best in the world if he combod.

what i mean is u dont need to be a top IC to kill from a grab. its too easy to learn and there is no enemy resistance. gay

LLDL

Smash Hero
lmfao, compromise. Getting a free hit? lol. Thatd be so dumb in tourney. play 2 win, if its legal deal with it.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
@ kaostar- its not broken to team wobble b/c if u kill one dude off ur supposed to have an unfair advantage. 2 v 1 shouldnt be balanced lol.

@ brightside- its called pound 1 and 2. chu won them both.

@ moo- im liking ur mentaility = ]

cjugs

Smash Ace
wobbling is totally needed vs peach it helps out much, because I don't think we have a decent chain throw vs her and can be done in human react time.

I wish they shouldn't use it if they are winning by 2 stocks because then your just plain gay same with chain throw. bur really many people can't be chain throw legitly by them so wobbling is the answer tthem
Why should IC not have bad matchups? Every other character in this game has bad matchups and they aren't allowed "help" I've seen it done in humen reaction time and it's stupid at least it does something not every IC player can do.
someone had the idea of giving a IC player something in return i know how about Wobbling on platforms and on the edge of the stage to where you can handoff and very few ic players can do this every time.

i'm wondering you say IC's can't wobble any time wny not? is it possible to dthrow dair till they get to 60 or handoff untill they get to 60? sounds like it can be done all the time to me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
does anyone know how long it takes to wobble to a certain percent?

for example how long does 100% take in a wobble?

I searched but far too many results

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
does anyone know how long it takes to wobble to a certain percent?

for example how long does 100% take in a wobble?

I searched but far too many results
like 7ish seconds? thats mad long in the melee universe tho.. idk how long for sure u should learn it if u wanna see

gm jack

Smash Lord
Say that it must stop at 300% or so so it isn't excessive stalling, but gets a guaranteed kill.

No need to ban something if the character isn't ****** or even relying on the technique.

pockyD

Smash Legend
there's already a vague 'no stalling' rule in place

there's no more need for a percentage limit than there is a need to count the number of pounds jigglypuff does while recovering

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
banning or restricting wobbling is really a region thing. it all depends if people use it or abuse it in your specific region.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Why should IC not have bad matchups? Every other character in this game has bad matchups and they aren't allowed "help" I've seen it done in humen reaction time and it's stupid at least it does something not every IC player can do.
someone had the idea of giving a IC player something in return i know how about Wobbling on platforms and on the edge of the stage to where you can handoff and very few ic players can do this every time.

i'm wondering you say IC's can't wobble any time wny not? is it possible to dthrow dair till they get to 60 or handoff untill they get to 60? sounds like it can be done all the time to me.
ice climbers don't really hard counter any played offen and if they can't have a non game breaking tech to make some match-ups more bareable. the counter arguement is it's skilless or boring... WTF? that's like taking away the yoyo glitch which would be broken if it was falco or marth.

again it's not game breaking and isn't just easy so any body can just do it and expect to win always.

also every can get some form of help in one way or another, stages, new tactics like pichu/pikachu b-throw jolt, chain throw, new combos, the basic rock beats paper idea in about very case.

Also I didn't understand the 2nd half of what you said

D

Deleted member

Like Brawl?

OOOOHHHHH SNAAAAAAP.

J/k.

Let's be honest, the Brawl mentality of "complain until you get your way" has obviously infested this argument in the first place. I remember melee being the cool game of the two because rather than *****ing about it you could just play it and shut the hell up.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
different regions create different biases. untill it makes an impact at a large national, a universal rule wont be agreed on.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@ kaostar- its not broken to team wobble b/c if u kill one dude off ur supposed to have an unfair advantage. 2 v 1 shouldnt be balanced lol.

@ brightside- its called pound 1 and 2. chu won them both.

@ moo- im liking ur mentaility = ]
but what if both partners are dead and have 0 lives. its teams but 1v1.

wobbling legal?

what if its double IC and they both wobble the opponents?

legal

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if there is a ban on wobbling, 1 player shouldnt be allowed to wobble in a team match. if there is 2 players wobbling 1 player, then it should be allowed because team wobbling isnt banned.

if its 2 full ic players vs 1 player and one ic player is sitting back while the other one wobbles, thats just like a 1v1 wobble and it shouldnt be allowed (assuming wobbling is banned)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
like 7ish seconds? thats mad long in the melee universe tho.. idk how long for sure u should learn it if u wanna see
have you not seen a Marth uthrow cg -> utilt -> utilt -> uair -> fsmash Falco or Fox? **** takes way longer than 7 seconds.

additionally there's no legitimate argument for banning wobbling. you can ban stages, you can ban items, but you can't ban a specific combo. no Ice Climbers has ever stalled with wobbling in tournament.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
stalling with wobbling is like getting a stock led in fox ditto and then lasering till they shine and you simply trap them in their shine for the next 6 minutes or longer.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah but marths cg involves di reading. aka practice. unlike wobbling.
did you just say that wobbling doesn't take practice?
you sir can get the **** out of this thread
the difficulty of a technique is also not relevant, otherwise jiggs should be banned for lacking in technical demand (the mental aspect of Jigglypuff doesn't matter guyz, she doesn't have to hit 200 buttons to win :()

X1-12

Smash Champion
have you not seen a Marth uthrow cg -> utilt -> utilt -> uair -> fsmash Falco or Fox? **** takes way longer than 7 seconds.
it can't ever go on for 8 minutes though

no Ice Climbers has ever stalled with wobbling in tournament.
THIS. IF YOU WANT WOBBLING BANNED, GO WIN TOURNAMENTS WITH IT TO PROVE YOUR POINT

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
It should be legal, don't get grabbed. As time progresses people will learn to dodge grabs and space better if wobbling is legalized.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if there is a ban on wobbling, 1 player shouldnt be allowed to wobble in a team match. if there is 2 players wobbling 1 player, then it should be allowed because team wobbling isnt banned.

if its 2 full ic players vs 1 player and one ic player is sitting back while the other one wobbles, thats just like a 1v1 wobble and it shouldnt be allowed (assuming wobbling is banned)
thats dumb. if its ok to wobble with two ppl then its ok to do it with one in a teams match.

it should be legal because you can't come close to proving its over powered. you can't just say its broken, you have to have something concrete. pichu is the best character, highly underrated. I don't need proof tho.

this thread is sooo full of fail

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
did you just say that wobbling doesn't take practice?
it does takes practice. practice that can be fulfilled alone. getting the grab is something that should be practiced even w/o wobbling.

but as i said earlier, it wont (and shouldnt imo) be universally banned untill someone abuses it at a national. untill then, restrictions will be kept at regional biases.

Top Bottom