• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sun Rise Tournament (SRT) - Tokyo, Japan - April 2/3 2011 - Melee CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I've registered on their site and contacted RAIN. I know DEHF has done the same. He really wants people to come.

strawhats

Smash Master
i hope masashi convinces aniki to go to this.And does anyone know where Fumi is currently residing...no joke though what happened to him. He should go to this too.

strawhats

Smash Master
i know its not ...but this tourney is not thiss yr. Therefore, Im going under the grand assumption (that there will be melee interest) yes i know what happens to those who assume (they make an *** of themselves) however i trust melee imterest will be strong at this.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
But us interacting with them would be quite problematic if we don't speak japanese... :'(
There are people around that can speak Japanese. I'd be willing to help out (which would be easier once I can finally register on smacom :mad: success!).

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Tip: Everyone who is going or who is planning on going, it would be best to start saving your money. The sooner the better. Plane tickets to Japan are never cheap so expect putting your wallet through a little bit of pain. Also bring more money than you expect to bring since there is a chance that you will be site seeing and you are going to want to buy a lot of stuff for you to take home.

I know a bit of traveling myself. Don't forget to pack things! EX: deodarant. Those don't come cheap in Japan/Korea. Asian people don't sweat over there, so it'll be difficult for you to find the things you'll need (like underwear in case you somehow forgot to pack it. It happens to people all the time) A very, very, very small stick of deodarant like Old Spice will cost you about 7 dollars or so.

This is for people who are new to traveling over seas.

Good luck! And hopefully I'll see you guys in April!

Vayseth

Smash Master
I might go.

But I don't speak Japanese... so I'd need someone to help me out.
I'll be there to help out any players coming who need help with translation.

I don't live anywhere near the venue so I can't have people crashing (about 3 hours away by bullet train...) but I'd be willing to help!

BTW, KFC is super expensive and sucks here lul.

ALSO, the yen is super expensive right now so you'll need a lot of money in general for FOOD and TRAINS and stuff. Think that for every US dollar you have, you only have 85 yen. That MATTERS when you're talking about the money needed for a tournament.

If any more important updates some please let me know asap! (specifically sign ups...).

Vayseth

Smash Master
google says 100 bucks is 8430 yen. how far does 8430 yen get you?
Depends, haha. Blurays cost about that here new (for some of them) but their games, CDs, DVDs, etc are SUPER inflated (3,000 yen for a new album? WTF?)

Let's assume a decent meal out somewhere costs between 800 and 1600 yen. Does that help?

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Tentative Rule Set

http://smacom2.mysns.tv/?m=pc&a=page_c_topic_detail&target_c_commu_topic_id=5033
RAIN said:
-----------基本ルール-----------
①3ストック
②制限時間10分(予選のみ8分にする可能性有)
③2本先取(勝者側決勝、敗者側決勝、最終決戦は3本先取)
④ダブルエリミネーション
⑤全アイテムoff
⑥チームアタックon(チーム大会あるかは未定)
⑦キーコンフィグ有
⑧ポーズ機能off

-----------制限ルール-----------
①改造コントローラー禁止
②時間稼ぎを目的とした永パ禁止
③バグ行動禁止
④マントバグ禁止(無意識に出たレベルは容認)
⑤崖掴み制限50回
⑥崖下往復なし(片道は可)
※崖からステージ下をくぐって、反対側の崖の高さまでもどった時点で片道とみなす。
【崖下往復条件解除方法】
どちらかが攻撃を受けた上で%が増えた場合。
移動台を抜いたステージ上にもどる。

-----------試合の流れ----------
■1本目の場合
① ステージ選択権及びポート選択権をジャンケンで決める。
② ジャンケンに負けた人が"基本3ステージ"から1つステージを消す。
③ ジャンケンに勝った人が残りのステージから1つを選択する。
④ それぞれのプレイヤーがキャラ選択する。(決まらない場合はシークレットオーダー)

■2本目以降の場合
① 敗者はポートの選択しても良い。
② 勝者が"カウンターステージ"の中から1つ禁止ステージを指定しても良い。
③ 敗者が残りのステージから一つ選択する。
④ 勝者がキャラ選択する。
⑤ 敗者がキャラ選択する。
⑥ 1~5勝負が決まるまで繰り返す。

-----------ステージ-----------
■基本ステージ
終点
戦場
スマ村

■カウンターステージ
ヨッシーアイランド
ライラットクルーズ
ポケモンスタジアム1

-----------時間切れした場合-----------
時間切れの場合は以下の順で優先順位を決めます。
①崖捕まり回数 (片方のプレイヤーが50回以上の場合負け)
②残ストック数
③時間切れした時点での%
④1~3も全て同じだった場合は、1ストック戦を同じステージで対戦して結果を決めます。
-----------Basic Rules-----------
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer (Pools matches may run on an 8-minute timer)
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on (it has yet to be determined if doubles will happen at this tournament)
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off

-----------Limiting Rules/Bans-----------
1. No modified controllers
2. No using infinites for stalling purposes
3. No bugs of any kind
4. No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
5. Ledge grab limit of 50
6. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Corollaries to Rule 6:
* When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage, Rule 6 does not apply.
* The moving platform on Smashville is considered to be equivalent to a ledge, i.e. if a player starts from the moving platform on one side of the stage and travels beneath the stage to the ledge/platform on the opposite side of the stage, the player may not travel beneath the stage back to the ledge/moving platform on the opposite side before until he lands back on the platform.

-----------Set Format-----------
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

-----------Stages-----------
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

-----------Timeouts-----------
In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent are identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock.

RAIN said:
質問や改善などの意見は随時募集しております。
※ルールの問題点は特に歓迎しています。
I am gathering any questions or suggestions that people may have.
* I especially welcome comments related to any problems with the ruleset.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Translation notes:

For the 8-minute timer in pools it says it MIGHT be made to 8 minutes only in pools. Not that it will be 8 minutes.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
KFC's in Asia does suck, if you want Western Food def get McD and only get beef foods.

And its much cheaper to get asian foods anyways.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ramen in japan da bess. never eat it outside of asia though. if you're eating western food in japan, you're doing it wrong.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i talked to m2k today, and apparently he, ally, dehf and nick riddle are all confirmed for this. this is gonna be one amazing tourney.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
=o

no way.

will there be a livestream for this? of course the hours would suck for us americans, but smashers have ****ed up sleep schedules anyway

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Ok, so I wake up this morning and there's a lot of talk on Smacom about there most likely being a Melee tourney as well. Captain Jack made a post about the tournament and said "Since it seems like there's gonna be Melee, I'll probably be there," and Koto(Thunders) sent me a message asking me what kind of ruleset would be best.

I'm about to respond to him with: "M2K is going to be there, so I REALLY don't think we should do FD-only."

Because **** you M2K LOL

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...M2K and FD= there's no point in even trying.

I'd like to see m2k vs. CJ though (marth vs. sheik)

Sheik dittos are gay.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I wake up this morning and there's a lot of talk on Smacom about there most likely being a Melee tourney as well. Captain Jack made a post about the tournament and said "Since it seems like there's gonna be Melee, I'll probably be there," and Koto(Thunders) sent me a message asking me what kind of ruleset would be best.
Yeah, RAIN is planning a 64-player Melee singles side tourney.

---

There is now an official tournament home page, though it is in Japanese: http://srt.ninja-x.jp/

---

I'm upping my chances of coming to about 90% now guys, w00t
In addition to M2K, Ally, DEHF, Nick Riddle, and Seibrik, is there anyone else who's actually very likely to go to this? I understand that since this is 6 months away, it's hard to be definitely sure you can make it to this, but RAIN asked me to compile a list of likely attendees just so he could get an idea of the extent of international interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom