• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Bizjark

Smash Rookie
Ive got a question for those who've been in Smash tournaments at past Otakons.

The tournament starts on Saturday at noon I'm pretty sure (the 1v1 one). Meaning that the line should start around 11, but being hands down the most popular game there, when do you think a good time would be to get there to start standing in line to guarantee a spot in the tourny? I don't remember how many are allowed in the tournament, but there's always more people there than expected standing in that line.

Lobos

Smash Master
Ive got a question for those who've been in Smash tournaments at past Otakons.

The tournament starts on Saturday at noon I'm pretty sure (the 1v1 one). Meaning that the line should start around 11, but being hands down the most popular game there, when do you think a good time would be to get there to start standing in line to guarantee a spot in the tourny? I don't remember how many are allowed in the tournament, but there's always more people there than expected standing in that line.
From my past experience I would wait next to the line and wait for 11am to roll around since they have the whole you have to wait 1 hour before the tourney starts to stand in line rule......plus from what I saw in the previous years the line will reach the 100 man limit in the first 5 mins :laugh:

D1

Banned via Administration
I won't be attending Otakon anymore b/c I'm going to Evo guys...ah well maybe next time.

~rh

Smash Lord
Ever since Wiz and them cut out East/West/North/South, Evo World has been conflicting with Otakon ;[

I miss the good days when I could go to Evo East first, and then a few weeks later party the **** out at Otakon.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
i Won't Be Attending Otakon Anymore B/c I'm Going To Evo Guys...ah Well Maybe Next Time.
Nooooooooooo D1! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What game are you going for?

Also Cristin, I'm confirmed for the room.
-Rei

KREVA

Smash Cadet
I'll be going to Otakon this year too. Thumbs, you and I have to do teams tournament, if they're throwing it this year. WE HAVE TO. I don't care if you're gonna have someone to teams with. But, I choose you for this time, no homo.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I won't be attending Otakon anymore b/c I'm going to Evo guys...ah well maybe next time.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll be going to Otakon this year too. Thumbs, you and I have to do teams tournament, if they're throwing it this year. WE HAVE TO. I don't care if you're gonna have someone to teams with. But, I choose you for this time, no homo.
We'll see, I'm not waiting in line for an hour for Brawl lol

Uhhhh play melee :bee:
**** straight, Melee all day :bee:

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
This Otakon will be ****. Though I dunno if it will be as good as last year's, but still.
-Rei
Won't be as good as last year's cause there's no DaizyStripper. T.T

But mannn. I wanna enter the Brawl tourney.
But I heard people make crazy money by selling their spot. o_O

~rh

Smash Lord
^ I wanna know too. **** the Brwal tourney but **** if I can make a good 20-30 bucks for just standing in a line for an hour, I'd consider it.
NOTE: The cut off date for PRE-REG is June 17th: http://www.otakon.com/news_article.asp?id=466

Go reg. now if you can to avoid the long lines.
To add, you can still pre-reg up until JULY 2ND but you will be paying the at-the-door rate of $65.00. So if you wait until July 3rd, you pay the same as everyone at the door, but you get on the "shorter" line, which doesn't seem as short in the beginning until you hear about the at-the-door line :laugh:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
That page is confusing but I saw the rest of it just before you wrote that lol. The regular reg page says up until July 2nd but the page I just posted says "July 1st" as the cut off for online reg @ $65.

Oh well, I still recommend signing up before the 17th cut off date so you don't have to pay $65, **** is expensive!

~rh

Smash Lord
That page is confusing but I saw the rest of it just before you wrote that lol. The regular reg page says up until July 2nd but the page I just posted says "July 1st" as the cut off for online reg @ $65.

Oh well, I still recommend signing up before the 17th cut off date so you don't have to pay $65, **** is expensive!
**** straight, ****'s expensive. Hopefully everyone prereged already though.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
^ I lol'd

XDDDDDD

EDIT: NOT AT HALEY/TEC0 because I was totally talking about Shinku when I wrote that LOL, you (or I...??) have bad timing haha

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
You can stay with Yo prolly, I think we need more people so we'll take you as first priority, Yo will confirm when he's on.

So with that said, Yo from what it looks like it could be;
Yo
Me
LOBOS
CK?
Waffel
Oath
Taj
BMX

That's a good split right there

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Won't be as good as last year's cause there's no DaizyStripper. T.T

But mannn. I wanna enter the Brawl tourney.
But I heard people make crazy money by selling their spot. o_O
Screw DaizyStripper. No JAM Project this year :(

And yeah, wtf, don't bail on Cristin. Or else you miss out on Alex constantly asking Seb for buttsex every 5 minutes during the night.
-Rei

Smash a Bro

Smash Rookie
This is gonna be my first brawl tourny ever but now that I see so many pros going to the otakon brawl trounies I just might back down on it. :___:

Top Bottom