• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Truth be told, I would be happy with any Fire Emblem lord in Smash 4, since Fire Emblem is mine favourite video game series of all time.

I do see Chrom as a likely addition, however, given that he is the main character of the latest Fire Emblem game, which, from what I hear, has been fairly successful.

Now that Fire Emblem: Awakening has finally been released in Europe, I have just ordered it online, and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. So far, the only thing I do not like much about the game is the new art style; I very much preferred that of the Gameboy Advance, GameCube, and Wii titles. (Shrugs) I am pretty sure the story and gameplay will make up for it, though. Still, I hope they will have a different artist for the next Fire Emblem; I would love to see the person whom did the artwork for The Last Story do the artwork for Fire Emblem.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In think the only thing Chrom has going for him that he was voted the most popular male character in the Fire Emblem: Awakening Character Popularity Poll in Japan.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
In think the only thing Chrom has going for him that he was voted the most popular male character in the Fire Emblem: Awakening Character Popularity Poll in Japan.
If you think that is the only reason you are delusional. There is also the pretty important fact that he is The Lord of the most recent fire emblem game. I don't care whether Roy and Ike technically weren't added for recentness, but they definetly were the lords of the most recent game. So if we are going to follow this trend (I know you guys hate patterns, but this makes perfect sense, don't think of it as a pattern and more of sakurais decision making process). And if you think that recentness doesn't matter than fine. There is still the fact that he is The Lord of the best selling fire emblem game ever in the west. Which was pretty highly critically acclaimed. And one of the reasons it was highly acclaimed was for its unique characters. So basically what I'm saying is... We are (ok 99% chance don't hate me) getting a character from awakening. And I don't know about you but if was picking the character from awakening, I would probably pick the protagonist that is shown in every single chapter. [Opinion] Throw in his tactician as a fourth rep if need be. But I swear to god keep his time traveling daughter and their ****ty shop keeper AWAY FROM MY SMASH BROS. [/opinion]

EDIT: edited for sanctity of life.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If you think that is the only reason you are delusional. There is also the pretty important fact that he is The Lord of the most recent fire emblem game. I don't care whether Roy and Ike technically weren't added for recentness, but they definetly were the lords of the most recent game. So if we are going to follow this trend (I know you guys hate patterns, but this makes perfect sense, don't think of it as a pattern and more of sakurais decision making process). And if you think that recentness doesn't matter than fine. There is still the fact that he is The Lord of the best selling fire emblem game ever in the west. Which was pretty highly critically acclaimed. And one of the reasons it was highly acclaimed was for its unique characters. So basically what I'm saying is... We are (ok 99% chance don't hate me) getting a character from awakening. And I don't know about you but if was picking the character from awakening, I would probably pick the protagonist that is shown in every single chapter. Throw in his tactician as a fourth rep if need be. But I swear to god keep his time traveling daughter and their ****ty shop keeper AWAY FROM MY SMASH BROS.
I was starting to take you seriously! I really was!

Then the bias in your last sentence lost me...

So close....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But really, when we're talking about Chrom, no need to drag other characters into the discussion, especially if you only wanted to foul-mouth them.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
But really, when we're talking about Chrom, no need to drag other characters into the discussion, especially if you only wanted to foul-mouth them.
At that point I was talking about the game as a whole. Than I said why I think Chrom has a good chance. And then I said that I have a dislike in my bones of the thought of Anna and Lucina in smash. It's not like the characters have feelings who gives a poop if I don't like them. If it offends you then... Too bad :troll:

Once again, doesn't takeaway the truth of the brunt of the argument though. Commend me on the argument. Forget about the opinion. I don't care if you don't like how I hurt a fictional characters feelings.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
@Noler_Mass sadly, it's things like these that start these stupid Fire Emblem arguments in the first place.

Because they have a huge dislike of certain characters, they start foulmouthing them in order to get a rise out of those who do like them and then these petty arguments start to take place. It's one of the reasons why the Anna thread became a battlefield over there.

Of course it's just an opinion in the end. But keep it civil is what I mean.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just because I threw in some opinion at the end doesn't mean the points aren't true. Plus I edited the post a bit to show that it is my opinion at the end.
Doesn't really help.

You used an insult in a debate. Insults typically mean that all other ammunitions are spent and that all points have already been made.

Plus it's just crass, which doesn't help either. People will naturally look down on what they see as crass. Not trying to insult you, just stating human psychology.

EDIT: The "I don't care," attitude is not helping you. Do not get uppity or you will get in trouble.

Besides if you can complain that we call Chrom bland and boring, we have every right to complain and you insulting Anna/Lucina/whoever!

Don't be a hypocrite.

Regardless I'll debate to the rest of the post.
If you think that is the only reason you are delusional. There is also the pretty important fact that he is The Lord of the most recent fire emblem game. I don't care whether Roy and Ike technically weren't added for recentness, but they definetly were the lords of the most recent game.
Couple issues.

Roy and Ike were not the most recent lords.

Roy hadn't even been released yet when he made his appearance in smash. The most recent lord was Leaf. You can't be recent if you weren't even released yet. It doesn't work that way.

And Michiah was the most recent lord when Ike made his appearance in smash. And yes Radiant Dawn content WAS in Brawl. Quite a bit.

Roy and Ike weren't chosen for recentness. They were chosen for other reasons.
IfSo if we are going to follow this trend (I know you guys hate patterns, but this makes perfect sense, don't think of it as a pattern and more of sakurais decision making process).
There is no pattern.

2 times does not make a pattern. It makes a coincidence.

It takes at least three times to make a pattern.

And everyone here will tell you, you really can't predict Sakurai, so don't even try. He will ALWAYS blindside you. Snake, ZSS, PT, (and Ike to an extant) should be more than enough proof of that.

IAnd if you think that recentness doesn't matter than fine. There is still the fact that he is The Lord of the best selling fire emblem game ever in the west. Which was pretty highly critically acclaimed. And one of the reasons it was highly acclaimed was for its unique characters. So basically what I'm saying is... We are (ok 99% chance don't hate me) getting a character from awakening.
Sales don't matter.

Ike's game was the worst selling in the series, yet he made it in.

Several FE games are acclaimed. Your point?

Besides if we include a character from a game JUST because it sold well, we would have gotten a bunch of one shot Zelda characters, bajillions of Mario and Pokemon characters and no Ike or retros.

There is a lot more thought that goes into picking characters than this.

Oh. And there argument was pretty bad. Nothing to be proud of. So don't act cocky.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
@Noler_Mass sadly, it's things like these that start these stupid Fire Emblem arguments in the first place.

Because they have a huge dislike of certain characters, they start foulmouthing them in order to get a rise out of those who do like them and then these petty arguments start to take place. It's one of the reasons why the Anna thread literally became a battlefield over there.
You misused literally I believe you mean figuratively :troll:

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Doesn't really help.

You used an insult in a debate. Insults typically mean that all other ammunitions are spent and that all points have already been made.

Plus it's just crass, which doesn't help either. People will naturally look down on what they see as crass. Not trying to insult you, just stating human psychology.

Regardless I'll debate to the rest of the post.

Couple issues.

Roy and Ike were not the most recent lords.

Roy hadn't even been released yet when he made his appearance in smash. The most recent lord was Leaf. You can't be recent if you weren't even released yet. It doesn't work that way.

And Michiah was the most recent lord when Ike made his appearance in smash. And yes Radiant Dawn content WAS in Brawl. Quite a bit.

Roy and Ike weren't chosen for recentness. They were chosen for other reasons.

There is no pattern.

2 times does not make a pattern. It makes a coincidence.

It takes at least three times to make a pattern.

And everyone here will tell you, you really can't predict Sakurai, so don't even try. He will ALWAYS blindside you. Snake, ZSS, PT, (and Ike to an extant) should be more than enough proof of that.

Sales don't matter.

Ike's game was the worst selling in the series, yet he made it in.

Several FE games are acclaimed. Your point?

Besides if we include a character from a game JUST because it sold well, we would have gotten a bunch of one shot Zelda characters, bajillions of Mario and Pokemon characters and no Ike or retros.

There is a lot more thought that goes into picking characters than this.
Alright fine no more offending fake people.

Anyway to your first point I've said before that recent doesn't necessarily mean the most recent game being worked on by the developer that is somewhat far in development. Which blazing sword was. I know roy had apparently had other things going for him but that's not what I'm here to dispute. As for Ike he may not have technically been The Lord of radiant dawn, but he's definetly the most popular character and had acclaim from his previous game where he was the main character. Similar to why Isaac gets support over Matthew. But he was still a main character in a recent game. Once again recentness may not have been the only factor but it was a factor, at least affecting popularity.

That's why I said it wasn't a pattern... I mean it's hard to judge it for certain but if he was to follow what he did for the first two games, Chrom would be in. While I think that sakurai will do something different in that he will expand the roster to 3 or4, this just give Chrom an even higher chance.

Sales definitely matter, just to an extent. If sales didnt matter at all, there are enough Nintendo franchises to have one character from each. But that's not the case. As for fire emblem specific cases, Roy didnt have any popularity but IS specifically showed him the character and sakurai took favor to him so this case doesn't really fit with normal cases but since we don't have any fire emblem games coming soon this shouldn't matter, as for Ike he had boosted popularity due to being the face of the past two fire emblem games. As does Chrom.

Sales, popularity, uniqueness, and recentness don't make a good character alone, but Chrom has all four so he's a shoo in in my mind.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sales, popularity, uniqueness, and recentness don't make a good character alone, but Chrom has all four so he's a shoo in in my mind.
Not sure why you have decide to blind yourself... :p

Uniqueness.... Not a single user here has posted an exciting moveset yet.

Popularity.... Unlike you, many others in the Chrom fanbase are just bandwagoning. Unfortunately, Chrom has comparatively fewer "true" fans.
Just an example: There isn't even a Chrom hack yet, considering that Lucina already has a hack along with a new decloned moveset on KC:MM.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright fine no more offending fake people.
Just remember. By insulting "fake people," you also insult real people.

Anyway to your first point I've said before that recent doesn't necessarily mean the most recent game being worked on by the developer that is somewhat far in development. Which blazing sword was. I know roy had apparently had other things going for him but that's not what I'm here to dispute.
I don't recall you ever saying that but...okay.

Regadless, use the term "upcoming" and not "recent."

If we're gonna debate, let's do it while using their actual definitions. :awesome:

As for Ike he may not have technically been The Lord of radiant dawn, but he's definetly the most popular character and had acclaim from his previous game where he was the main character. Similar to why Isaac gets support over Matthew. But he was still a main character in a recent game. Once again recentness may not have been the only factor but it was a factor, at least affecting popularity.
Um... You're mainly saying that Ike was chosen because he was popular? Okay. Happy day!

Isaac is more comparable to Marth however. First main protagonist who shows up and is referenced frequently.

And while yes, recentness can make characters more popular, a lot of the time the popularity does not last. Pit was voted the most popular character in Japan right after KI:U came out. He even beat Mario! You think that thought will stay for very long? Same thing will happen with Chrom. After the new novelty has worn off, he will fall to his "actual" popularity where he will stay for quite some time. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. It's hard to put into words.

It's better to choose something that people will like in the long run than something people will stop caring about in two months.

While I think that sakurai will do something different in that he will expand the roster to 3 or4, this just give Chrom an even higher chance.
That would give every FE character a higher chance. Your point?

But that's not the case. As for fire emblem specific cases, Roy didnt have any popularity but IS specifically showed him the character and sakurai took favor to him so this case doesn't really fit with normal cases but since we don't have any fire emblem games coming soon this shouldn't matter, as for Ike he had boosted popularity due to being the face of the past two fire emblem games. As does Chrom.
Sakurai chose Roy because he felt he had the potential to become popular. He was spot on. He's one of the most popular lords in the series. IS didn't push Roy. Sakurai simply got a sneak peak and chose him.

Ike was mainly chosen for popularity as well, although Sakurai did ask IS for advice. They suggested Ike. I'm afraid we will never know why they did so.

Chrom has only been in one game. What are you talking about?
Sales are a terrible argument. I could argue that Tharja is deserving of a roster spot because she is from "DE BES SELLING FE GAME EVAR ZOMG!!!"

Lucina is more popular in the scope of FE13. Plus Roy is more popular in the scope of smash characters. He's beat in both places.

Uniqueness. You're funny. We really haven't found one interesting Chrom moveset yet.

Recentness: We both said this doesn't really matter so why are you bringing it up?

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Not sure why you have decide to blind yourself... :p

Uniqueness.... Not a single user here has posted an exciting moveset yet.

Popularity.... Unlike you, many others in the Chrom fanbase are just bandwagoning. Unfortunately, Chrom has comparatively fewer "true" fans.
Just an example: There isn't even a Chrom hack yet, considering that Lucina already has a hack along with a new decloned moveset on KC:MM.
Ouch that stings. I feel like I'm one of few people who actually think Chrom as an individual is badass. Though I've only been able to finish through the GBA games and the Gamecube game, I personally find his character and personality to be a lot more interesting than any of the main lords from the other games. This is partially due to the massive amount of support conversations in Awakening as well as the bonus conversations seen in DLC maps. The support conversations in the GBA and GC games, while they were great additions and brought in depth to the characters, pale in number and quality compared to Awakening. While Roy was my absolute favorite character to play as during my early years of Melee, his personality is just stale and uninteresting to me in FE6. (I'm not anti-Roy. In fact I would love to see him come back. But let's be honest, if he wasn't introduced into Melee we wouldn't hold him in such a high regard as we do now.)

And correct me if I'm wrong but the four most popular characters in Awakening in no particular order are Chrom, Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia according to some official Japanese poll? Isn't this why they received swimsuit cutscenes/conversations in Summer Scramble? So I don't necessarily think we can deem him to be unpopular.

Does Chrom have a chance for a third slot? Of course, but I recognize that Roy is the stronger contender here and I find it more likely for Fire Emblem to only have three characters as opposed to four. Even his chances getting into the fourth slot might be shaky but I just feel like Chrom gets more hate than Duck Hunt Dog or Goku on these forums.

I don't support him because he is the most recent Lord, otherwise I would be supporting Matthew over Isaac. I support Chrom because I find his character personality to be very likeable and I find his game to be the most enjoyable FIre Emblem I've played.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just feel like Chrom gets more hate than Duck Hunt Dog or Goku on these forums.
Lol, it's not that bad. Chrom does have some support. Unlike the others who practically have no support.

Goku is loathed almost everywhere, not just in these forums.

DHD is a strange case, though. A part of his hate comes from DHD fans cutting better characters to put him instead.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just feel like Chrom gets more hate than Duck Hunt Dog or Goku on these forums.
That's perfectly understandable. It's the same case with Zoroark and a few other "new guy" characters too. A lot more people here would rather want to see their old favourites return (Roy and Mewtwo) or stay (Ike and Lucario) than fear the thought that either of them could probably not get in (or at least out prioritized) in favor of "The new guy" type characters (Chrom and Zoroark).

The likely reason Mewtwo's Awakened form doesn't get as much flack (in terms of smash) is because he literally is Mewtwo thus people are more confident that both will likely show up without threatening the old favourite from getting in. Had Mewtwo's Awakened form been a completely different Pokemon he would have likely gotten the same treatment as Zoroark from smash fans. At least, that's what I noticed here...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's perfectly understandable. It's the same case with Zoroark and a few other "new guy" characters too. A lot more people here would rather want to see their old favourites return (Roy and Mewtwo) or stay (Ike and Lucario) than fear the thought that either of them could probably not get in (or at least out prioritized) in favor of "The new guy" type characters (Chrom and Zoroark).

The likely reason Mewtwo's Awakened form doesn't get as much flack (in terms of smash) is because he literally is Mewtwo thus people are more confident that both will likely show up without threatening the old favourite from getting in. Had Mewtwo's Awakened form been a completely different Pokemon he would have likely gotten the same treatment as Zoroark from smash fans. At least, that's what I noticed here...
People hate on Impa to for these very reasons.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ouch that stings. I feel like I'm one of few people who actually think Chrom as an individual is badass. Though I've only been able to finish through the GBA games and the Gamecube game, I personally find his character and personality to be a lot more interesting than any of the main lords from the other games. This is partially due to the massive amount of support conversations in Awakening as well as the bonus conversations seen in DLC maps. The support conversations in the GBA and GC games, while they were great additions and brought in depth to the characters, pale in number and quality compared to Awakening. While Roy was my absolute favorite character to play as during my early years of Melee, his personality is just stale and uninteresting to me in FE6. (I'm not anti-Roy. In fact I would love to see him come back. But let's be honest, if he wasn't introduced into Melee we wouldn't hold him in such a high regard as we do now.)

And correct me if I'm wrong but the four most popular characters in Awakening in no particular order are Chrom, Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia according to some official Japanese poll? Isn't this why they received swimsuit cutscenes/conversations in Summer Scramble? So I don't necessarily think we can deem him to be unpopular.

Does Chrom have a chance for a third slot? Of course, but I recognize that Roy is the stronger contender here and I find it more likely for Fire Emblem to only have three characters as opposed to four. Even his chances getting into the fourth slot might be shaky but I just feel like Chrom gets more hate than Duck Hunt Dog or Goku on these forums.

I don't support him because he is the most recent Lord, otherwise I would be supporting Matthew over Isaac. I support Chrom because I find his character personality to be very likeable and I find his game to be the most enjoyable FIre Emblem I've played.
Ah man, thanks so much for all these. I guess I'm not only one alone to support Chrom and looking forward to see him because he's pretty good guy and I really like him overall.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Really the Chrom-hate is not needed. He's an equal strong choice for a 3rd Fire Emblem character as Roy, I just personally prefer Roy cause of the Sword of Seals and having actually played his game. If they could make Chrom cool and unique, I wouldn't mind him at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I personally like Chrom. He's not my favorite character in Awakening, but he's cool. That being said, I would only want him if Marth, Roy, and Ike came first. Then Chrom.

As for some people having trouble making him interesting, here are a few ideas. I'm not saying all of these are likely, but eh.

-Middle ground between Marth and Ike for standard attacks, while using some of the Skills as Specials.
-Down B is a stance switch, allowing Chrom to switch between a Sword-mode and a Lance-mode, with the Specials staying the same.
-He uses the Exalted Falchion, which could come with a slight healing gimmick. Limited use for the healing because balance.
-Combination of the above

or, in a really unlikely case,

-Tagteam with Lucina. They share a hit box, and essentially are a combo-oriented character with lots of dual strikes. Cannot desynch. Sort of cool as it represents Awakening's new Pair-Up system.

I may make a moveset for Chrom soon, just because I need something to do.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tag team with Lucina..? Why is this still being suggested? The only reasonable tag team characters I can think of now are Zelda / Impa and Toon Zelda / Tetra. I see no reason to make a tag team out of Lucina and Chrom just cause Awakening had it. A Ike semi-clone and a Marth semi-clone tagger togheter would just look very weird. Said that just to sumarize it quickly.

Lances however would make Chrom a lot more interessting. A stance based character with Lances and Swords would be awesome. It would make Ike also a lot more interessting with axes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tag team with Lucina..? Why is this still being suggested? The only reasonable tag team characters I can think of now are Zelda / Impa and Toon Zelda / Tetra. I see no reason to make a tag team out of Lucina and Chrom just cause Awakening had it. A Ike semi-clone and a Marth semi-clone tagger togheter would just look very weird. Said that just to sumarize it quickly.

Lances however would make Chrom a lot more interessting. A stance based character with Lances and Swords would be awesome. It would make Ike also a lot more interessting with axes.
When I wrote that, I meant more in the way of the Ice Climbers as opposed to Zelda/Sheik. Like I said, an unlikely scenario.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As much as I rag on the guy, I like Chrom as well.

I only think Roy should get in first.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Chrom is a reasonable addition for Fire Emblem. He's only heavily overrated by the ****** masses.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrom should really not come in at all, it's not exactly going to work out in the end.
I'm still in the opinion that he can be worked on and turn out to be good. I mean, he has resources enough to work out to actually distinguish himself from Marth or Ike.

And IMO I'd look more forward to him than getting Roy as a clone/semi-clone again...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm still in the opinion that he can be worked on and turn out to be good. He has resources enough to work out. And IMO I'd look more forward to him than getting Roy as a clone/semi-clone again...
Yeah I'm with Horsetail here, but with Fire Emblem characters in general. Don't get me wrong, Roy was cool and all. But I'm definitely looking forward to any other possible additional new Fire Emblem characters such as Chrom and Lyn more than seeing Roy again.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm still in the opinion that he can be worked on and turn out to be good. I mean, he has resources enough to work out to actually distinguish himself from Marth or Ike.
You can apply that logic to pretty much any Lord, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. At best with most Lords (exceptions being Hector, Ephraim, and Micaiah) they're going to be at least similar to Marth or Ike.

IMO I'd look more forward to him than getting Roy as a clone/semi-clone again...
Again, Chrom can easily be a clone of Marth or Ike, even more easily then other characters out there. Also you seem to have this thought a character cannot change moves between games.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also you seem to have this thought a character cannot change moves between games.
This coming from the guy who says Mewtwo won't be in because he was crap in Melee?

I'm not exactly a fan of Chrom, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if he made it in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You can apply that logic to pretty much any Lord, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Of course? Nothing's still set on stone. Can't I say that without being aware of this?

Again, Chrom can easily be a clone of Marth or Ike, even more easily then other characters out there. Also you seem to have this thought a character cannot change moves between games.
Likewise you about Chrom (he could just be entirely newish like Ike was.)

We can't quarantee Roy'll be completely changed for better as well. Since there's not much been indication of this happening, I can't see why getting Roy (+ decloned) would be more likely to happen than getting Chrom (in any form of a playable at all.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah seriously Habanero, I respect you but the opinion you hold about Mewtwo just isn't right.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This coming from the guy who says Mewtwo won't be in because he was crap in Melee?
Never did say Mewtwo won't be in, it just bugs me that people are oblivious to the faults that Mewtwo has and are oblivious to him being improved with varies buffs may or may not happen. It's one big crapshot whether or not Mewtwo will be improved.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Lucario gave some slight indication, Mewtwo will most likely get range and weight buffs. It's also notable that characters like Charizard, Lucario and Ivysaur in Brawl are all heavier than Mewtwo, and that Mewtwo's weight was already buffed in the PAL version of Melee. He'll probably return as a floaty heavy weight ala Samus. With improved Specials most likely.

I mean, seriously, just compare Melee Mr.Game & Watch with Brawl Mr.Game & Watch. Anything can happen. See C.Falcon and Jigglypuff also in the High (nearly TOP) tiers of Melee, and absolutely being bottom tier trash in Brawl. Sheik also got nerfed a lot- which is funny cause she's probably EXACTLY as good in Brawl as Mewtwo was in Melee (aka, not too great).

There where also reports saying that Mewtwo was very good in the demo versions of Melee. Much like Mario was overpowered in demo Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom