• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 - Florida Infohub

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Depending on what hotel you go to you may be able to pay it when you get there and cancellation would be charged on your card for the first night if not done at least a day sometimes 3depending on the hotel. The one you're going to it shouldn't matter. The only time the whole stay would be charged is if you get the run of house but that's not refundable and don't do it :o some hotels charge the first night if its refundable but again the hotel you'll be at might not cuz the one I'm at doesn't. It depends on the company. orz

I hate hotels >_>

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
in that case, just let me know when you get your reservation keith, and you can give me your room number and info, and Ill try to get a room close by.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
dont worry about it. Directions have been changed. WE will be staying at the hojo :laugh:

garret I got my new bank card in the mail today so we can call them today (Thursday)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
omg keith, youre killing me right now.

So youre still staying at the hotel in the op of this thread correct? because the rates are cheaper for that than the one you just linked in the apex thread.

also, we will have eitherr a car personally available, so if you guys want, im thinking 5 bucks a piece from all of you will cover gas for taking everyone to and from the event all three days. since its going to be multiple trips but its short enough that it wont be necessary to get seperate transport.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol sorry

so yes we are staying at the Howard Johnson in the original post, aka:

http://www.hojo.com/hotels/new-jers...ode=&adults=4&checkin_date=01/05/2012&rooms=2

I contemplated staying at the Motel 6, but the cost would be overall higher due to the length of the drive/cab fare, so I've decided back on the Hojo. It will work out better for us as a whole. Sorry for the confusion

me and garret can call them tomorrow to reserve rooms over the phone

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
alright, when you do, just let them know that theres another group that will be getting a room and wants to be placed next to or near you guys.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
in that case you might want to join in on the conference call that we will make tomorrow :laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I would except im not paying for the hotel, but Maybe I can get his CC info and go from there. ill be in touch tomorrow.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Keith, you could take me off the teams list since I'm not doing teams anymore. In other news, I should be able to buy my plane tickets today.

Edit: Tickets purchased. I'll be on the same flights as you Keith so you can add me on that.

As far as the hotel, I got you on the whole weekend even though I might not be there half the nights.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Also forgot to mention that I'll probably be housing with the Yoshis for Friday and Saturday. I'll still give you the money for the room though. Will it still be around the $36-$40 range for the weekend.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Housing Update

Me and Garret officially booked our two rooms for Apex. They will be at the Howard Johnson, and they will be side by side. I'm not sure if they have a door in the middle of them or not, I dont think they do, but they are still side by side. It will be for that Thursday before Apex, Jan 5th, to the Monday after, Jan 9th.

The total was $325, which calculates out to 41 per person. Unfortunately since we couldn't do it online, we couldnt get the discounts for the lower fare

me and garret are being charged at check-in, so if possible people who are staying give me or garret money, respectively, as soon as possible before that time on that Thursday. I believe we both will have the initial money before then, but still want to be sure

There will only be 4 room keys per room, to be given to the people most likely to be together, along with the room owners. Obviously we cant tell them there are 8 people per room, as far as they know its 4 per.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I prob don't need a bed cause I got one last out of state TWICE. As long as I got my Mario and 2 sonic blankets I should be fine on the ground.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Now thats out of the way we can discuss what to do Thursday. Later on ill go see what the earliest and latest train rides are from nyc to the hotel. From there as long as we get to times square or something we should be good :laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yo Keith can you like, pm me your room number and any kind of reservation num. They gave you so I can try to get a room that's close by.?

Also the room is in keith kellys name right? And wtf is up with halzy? Tell that **** to make a decision already.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Actually I don't remember that guy giving us the room number. Probably will have to call back for that.

Anyway yeah the two rooms(which are not linked by a door) are under Keith and I's names.

:rosalina:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Just called the hotel. Reservation has been made. i asked to get placed next to you guys, but they couldnt give me a guarantee. It should be fine...

now that thats done.

You guys need rides to and from the venue right?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my friend sharky who is my ride said hed be willing to shuttle everyone back and forth all 3 days. i told him youd all toss him a few bucks (3-5) for it

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Keith, how much would it cost me if im only staying friday/saturday/sunday nights at MOST

(sunday still is a maybe btw)

my flight leaves monday morning at 6:45

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Keith, how much would it cost me if im only staying friday/saturday/sunday nights at MOST

(sunday still is a maybe btw)

my flight leaves monday morning at 6:45
dont look at me, im housing CFL/gville in my room mostly (since half of them will be on my plane, and the other half asked me already). ask garret :laugh:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yayyy thanks garret.

im only staying the third night wit you guys if u can enforce some kind of early-ish sleep cuz i gota wake up at like 4 am lol

which is why im considering not staying at all and just goin to the airport sunday night

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo what the hell is up with halzy yo? Im starting to get nervous, I dont wanna wait till like the last day to try and find a legit partner. I didnt even register for doubles initially... and this thing is in 2 weeks.

Top Bottom