• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Common Courtesy.. Are You A Respectful Brawler?

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
We seriously need a flame barricade or something of that nature.

No wonder, you main Marth, you go around whenever you face a Lucas or Ness and say "ha i don't need to do anything but grab losers ha". Gosh, give them a chance (no assumptions here but I bet you do the infinite, they way you're passive aggressively defensive about it). If you don't, you're being extremely self-centered.

Edit: CMW, quail's calling us scrubs. We probably are, but that's offensive. His post did nothing but make us look bad. Aqua had a right to say something.
I pick random 80% of the time. What does that have to do with anything?

Actually, it did a lot of things other than make you look bad. We were discussing whether it was possible to be only kind-of discourteous, and I responded to D-mon's statement that there were lines separating courtesy from normality, and normality from discourtesy, by saying that he was imagining these lines. The definition of a scrub is someone who plays by their own made-up rules, and he fit into that category. Since he compared his mindset to yours and Aqua's, I extrapolated this description to you two. Now tell me, where did I do "nothing but make you look bad"?

Also, I personally don't think I'm a scrub for not beliving in infinitly grabbing or glitching or anything like that to win, especially when I see videos of high-level players who don't rely on such tactics either. Even at the top levels of compeditive play, there's still "ethics" to what you do and don't do.
Actually, I'll bet that the opponents were just good enough to avoid getting caught in whatever tactics you didn't see.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for lumping them in with my mindset, it just seemed like several of the points they (and plenty of other people have made, not even having to post on this thread) made mirrored my own. And to understand where those "imaginary lines" come fron, go youtube videos of people like Mew2King and Azen fighting eachother, and tell me if you see any glitches or infinite grabs going on. They fight by whatever means necesary, but you don't see them doing anything unfair. They're just naturally skilled.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Assuming you get good responces for both sides, you can make a new topic pretty much when you want to. Although if everyone's going to get all headed and fight and insult everyone, I think you should wait until you find intelligent things that people have said.

It would be interesting to see how people respond to Tripping, being the newest and most controvercial aspect of Brawl.

Also, I personally don't think I'm a scrub for not beliving in infinitly grabbing or glitching or anything like that to win, especially when I see videos of high-level players who don't rely on such tactics either. Even at the top levels of compeditive play, there's still "ethics" to what you do and don't do.
Dont worry tripping is on the list.
And There were a few intellegent posts. -_-

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
On a completely unrelated and random note, I wish that Brawl could support 6 players. A 3v3 fight between the 6 of us would be quite fun, I can already tell. Different minds clashing at this level of ferocity is already quite the sight to see. So I wonder what would happen if we actually fought. :p

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Assuming you get good responces for both sides, you can make a new topic pretty much when you want to. Although if everyone's going to get all headed and fight and insult everyone, I think you should wait until you find intelligent things that people have said.

It would be interesting to see how people respond to Tripping, being the newest and most controvercial aspect of Brawl.

I don't know which infinites you're talking about. There's ICs alt-grabs, and DDDs chaingrab on a select few characters (six characters, right?). ICs are widely agreed on not being broken and cheap, DDDs is a bit more controversial, but it's certainly used in high level play, as is ICs alt-grabs.
And what glitches? Infinite Cape with MK? It's banned. What else are you talking about?

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Okay, you did more, but you did it in such a fashion, and as scrub is looked down upon, that I believed you insulted us.

And you used the edit button.

to quail

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Melo, you always seem to help bring me down to earth. :p Are you stalking me? But I still kinda think that any kinda infinite grab move or anything like that is unfair.

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
And to understand where those "imaginary lines" come fron, go youtube videos of people like Mew2King and Azen fighting eachother, and tell me if you see any glitches or infinite grabs going on. They fight by whatever means necesary, but you don't see them doing anything unfair. They're just naturally skilled.
Azen mains Lucario, and M2K mains Dedede and MK. No one there has any infinites except Dedede's down throw. I saw a video of M2K versus reflex (Wario) where he wall infinited him for about a minute on Pokemon Stadium 1 in the grand finals of some major tournament.

Okay, you did more, but you did it in such a fashion, and as scrub is looked down upon, that I believed you insulted us.
Certainly not. Scrubs are the future competitive players. They just need to break the walls holding them back.

And you used the edit button.

to quail
Only to add more quotes to respond to. Such as this one.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Oh snap. Really? I musta missed that video. I guess even the pros like to use once in a while. I dunno why I'm of the mind set that it's cheap. But it just feels kinda cheap if your enemy can do nothing about a strategy. If they can, then it's no problem. I'm gonna go find that, just to see how the match went up. I still can't believe I missed a video on Mew2king.

Still, maybe it's just due to my own pride or past history, but it feels unfair using a move that can put even 1 person at a complete and utter disadvantage. I feel like a bully... like that dude who'd always block the slide and that would ambush people for their Ice-Cream Money... big fat jerk.... crap. You guys didn't need to know that. :p It still just think it's a little unfair...

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
Oh snap. Really? I musta missed that video. I guess even the pros like to use once in a while. I dunno why I'm of the mind set that it's cheap. But it just feels kinda cheap if your enemy can do nothing about a strategy. If they can, then it's no problem. I'm gonna go find that, just to see how the match went up. I still can't believe I missed a video on Mew2king.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm8z4O24CvI&feature=related

at about 1:20

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Melo, you always seem to help bring me down to earth. :p Are you stalking me? But I still kinda think that any kinda infinite grab move or anything like that is unfair.
Haha, I don't know why or how I can stumbling into your posts. I'm just saying, though, there really aren't that many infinites, certainly not as much as you make it sound. There are really only the two I mentioned, and few few others on walls, but most stages with walls are banned in tournament, so those don't really count. As I said, ICs infinite grabs are widely accepted as fair. So that leaves only one (DDDs chaingrab), which only applies to six characters.

And again, high-level players play to win. That means any "infinite" you can think of.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Ah. Thank you.

Edit:Wow... after seeing that video, I gotta say... dang.... that's dirty. But I guess you do what you do to win... If I have to, I guess I will fight that low to... I just personally don't want to... that's just harsh.... even the people watching were like "I've never seen someone so scared of being grabbed before". That made me laugh. It can be that effective in fighting.. cheap, but effective.

But now, we are to be talking about the next topic...

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
Okay People. Discussion 3, Is Now Open, Get Posting. ^^ :)
Is this serious? #2 was only open for less than a day.

For the topic: If they are at a high enough percent that they can't break out in time, then they would have died from most any attack anyway. Add in the fact that most people aren't stupid enough to walk straight into your open mouth, thus making this much harder to land than many other moves, and you get a technique which isn't very useful.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Ahh discussion three. I like it. Well I don't have a problem with this one either.

-Takes a decent percent to perform.
-Few characters have this (DDD,Kirby,DK)
-Hitting the wall is techable
-If you get a tech you can easily get a spike, aerial, or footstool.
-Its risky, well with DK. Sometimes you go to far down. YOU MUST RECOVER - fail.
-DDD has a hard time pulling this off.
-It most certainly isn't a for sure thing.

I've seen my share of tech to Knees of Justice shenanigans being a DK and all. It takes skill, albeit not a horrendous amount, to perform.

.CMW.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Certainly not. Scrubs are the future competitive players. They just need to break the walls holding them back.
Those walls, although impediments, make us unique (although there's around a billion of us). We would be the few that won't rely on easy ways to win, and although that's harder, we would be more respected as players. But we must have the skill to dig under the wall.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Discussion 3:Vore Suicides.

This is one that I'm perfectly fine with. If people wanna be like Achmed and suicide themselves, go right ahead. It's funny. Plus, shake and button press hard enough, and you'd be surprised how many times you can get right back into the stage, and then spike them back down under it, turning the tabels on them.

PS. The characters that can do this are most likely Kirby, Dedede, and maybe Wario, right?

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
Those walls, although impediments, make us unique (although there's around a billion of us). We would be the few that won't rely on easy ways to win, and although that's harder, we would be more respected as players. But we must have the skill to dig under the wall.
The metagame will never go anywhere if there aren't people abusing it. I, personally, respect the people driving the metagame more than those refusing to just because they think doing so is impolite.

And lol at the bolded part.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Discussion 3:Vore Suicides.

This is one that I'm perfectly fine with. If people wanna be like Achmed and suicide themselves, go right ahead. It's funny. Plus, shake and button press hard enough, and you'd be surprised how many times you can get right back into the stage, and then spike them back down under it, turning the tabels on them.

PS. The characters that can do this are most likely Kirby, Dedede, and maybe Wario, right?
I guess you could count DK as well.

It doesn't have to be a suicide though. Pop 'em out, footstool and come back up.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
^^The others would become competitive.
And for the record, I would drive the metagame, but through combos and other moves requiring skill, not infinites.
to quail

The subject at matter now is fair. Bad idea to be at level position with a dedede off the edge, and the dedede needs some skill, or he gets screwed. And it looks really cool.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Is this serious? #2 was only open for less than a day.

For the topic: If they are at a high enough percent that they can't break out in time, then they would have died from most any attack anyway. Add in the fact that most people aren't stupid enough to walk straight into your open mouth, thus making this much harder to land than many other moves, and you get a technique which isn't very useful.
People started to lose intresting in the topic.
Just because we started a new topic doesnt mean the old one is closed.
If you want to talk about a diffrent discussion then just put discussion #? :
Before you post about it.
-----------------------------------

People that do that are:

Mostly- Kirby. Others- DDD, Wario, Dk. ect? I dont know.

It doesnt take much skill to do with Kirby though.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Most of the time against me, the people that try it find that they get killed before they can complete it. :p I've even been death-grabbed by Gannon with Lucario, on our last lives, and some how, Gannon died before I did. :p

Edit:Melo, thank's for da tip. I'd have honestly never known that. NO WONDER PEOPLE FIGHT OVER WHICH CONTROLLER PORT THEY GET! IT DICTATES WHO WOULD LIVE FROM THE SUICIDE! Wow... I honestly never knew that. THERE'S SO MUCH I DON'T KNOW! I'M A NOOB! (death grabs self and suicides from his 2nd story window) "Game!" :p But honestly, it's a simple as the control port?

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Most of the time against me, the people that try it find that they get killed before they can complete it. :p I've even been death-grabbed by Gannon with Lucario, on our last lives, and some how, Gannon died before I did. :p
That same thing happened to me, I dont know how it happens either, You would think i'd be like Bowsers-cide. but I dont know.

--------------

It amazes me how freaking active this board is. :laugh:

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I think swallowing and spitting people under the stage is very easy to do and it's a **** move against someone like Link or Bowser or Ganon. You can't block the B, and if you're in the middle of attacking, you can't dodge. I'm sure it's more slightly more difficult than N64 Smash, but now that Kirby can walk while someone is sucked up, there are more situations in which you can perform it.

I used to hate it in N64 Smash and I don't do it to anybody.

I suppose if you're playing a serious game or a tourney match, you can go ahead and do that, but not for casual unless you want one less person to play with.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Its 12:10 am here and I have a tourny I have to be at , at 9:45 am tomo....

Plus I got to get up and get my hair all pretty.
Im wearing my ssbb shirt and its going to be ****.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Nothing is cheap, play to win, yadda yadda.

As for the spitting out under stage perfectly fine, its what makes their inhale not completely useless. Shouldn't be getting caught in it anyways.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
hehe.

I used to do that on the serebii.net forums with the debate forum.

You should see the people with 1,000+ posts that joined in february o_0

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I usually never post one sentence long. I'm quite the talker, and have some long, drawn out rant. :p

Yes, Kirby walking does make it easier for him to do it, but you can still get out of it though. I feel bad for the fatties who carry too much junk with them and are heavy weights, but I'm surprised they haven't knocked the little puff ball into space... Mid and light weights still can recover from almost any of those situations though.

Good luck in your tourament! You probably look pretty in your shirt! Don't distract too many guys! :p And don't get "Tether-Gimped", "Infinited", or "Vore-Suicided"! But honestly, good luck.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Actually, you SHOULD distract the guys. Then you can win more easily and claim your prizes.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
But that wouldn't be fair if a dude looked over while playing and was like (I'm totally gonna beat you! I'm not holding back just because your a girl! ... wow... you're pretty...) and gets hypnotized while she beats him down with Fox... now THAT is cheap. :p WHY ARE GIRLS ALWAYS SO EVIL!?! They pretend to act all nice and gentle, with the hawt outfits and the beautiful smiles and the cute expressions and happy giggling, and then they end up being more cruel and violent than even guys are! What the heck! It's not fair! ;.;

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Actually, you SHOULD distract the guys. Then you can win more easily and claim your prizes.
Oh im trying to distract the guys all right.
It would be sweet if there was like a hot brawler guy around my age.
Guys that can play a good game of brawl is a major turn on.
Plus I LOVE brawl, and so a guy that also loves brawl would be perfect 4 me.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Keep that attitude up and you're going to find yourself being swarmed by half of the kids online... The only thing you'd be missing would be the Zero Suit. :p But seriously, good luck, and be careful out there... there are some sickos prowling about...

Edit:Melo, I know, right? Aqua, Most of the men on here from ages 10-35 will want to find where you live and what room in the house you sleep in and brawl in so they can watch you... I'm happy with my character that I don't do that anymore. :p

KIDDING! I'VE NEVER DONE A THING LIKE THAT! But yeah, you're going to start an uproar in the commmunity.

The funniest thing in the world is that Aqua is part of a Smash Boards club called ~****~. :p

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Oh im trying to distract the guys all right.
It would be sweet if there was like a hot brawler guy around my age.
Guys that can play a good game of brawl is a major turn on.
Plus I LOVE brawl, and so a guy that also loves brawl would be perfect 4 me.
Prepare to be stalked by nearly everyone who read this.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
But that wouldn't be fair if a dude looked over while playing and was like (I'm totally gonna beat you! I'm not holding back just because your a girl! ... wow... you're pretty...) and gets hypnotized while she beats him down with Fox... now THAT is cheap. :p WHY ARE GIRLS ALWAYS SO EVIL!?! They pretend to act all nice and gentle, with the hawt outfits and the beautiful smiles and the cute expressions and happy giggling, and then they end up being more cruel and violent than even guys are! What the heck! It's not fair! ;.;
Omg I was lol'ing. xD

I cant help it if im so beautiful. xD Jk.
But im going to suckkk for the tourny, I got grounded for grades and havent played much for 3 weeks. And my doubles team sucks major, we never practice. xD
We are going for sear fun, Beacause I know people going that are wayyy good.
Seriously guys im so pathetic, Some days I get so frustrated fighting people online and I beat myself up about it when I cant win and sometimes I start crying. :ohwell:

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
lmao

Most guys cannot control their carnal desires! Simply being a girl is enough to distract them! To better take advantage of this, be very friendly and outgoing toward everyone and they will drool over you haha

Top Bottom