• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Selection Screens

kaid

Smash Master
(Steals xzakcorex's Tom Nook, Olimar, and Lucario and uses them in his earlier screen)

BTW, I seem to recall somewhere that all the 3rd party characters wil be unlockables. Something to keep in mind when arrainging your screens...

kaid

Smash Master

...and his young link.

My next verson will probably steal the extra-6 character idea form the other guy.

Yes, the one in the upper right corner is Midna, and I also have M-09 that needs a name bar. Same with Deoxis.

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
To be honest who says they will keep this format anyway?
With 40 characters it would be a tight squeeze on the screen however you do it. Maybe this time you will have the player number/name along the bottom above that the character name and above that a 3D model of the character your on currently. You could then use up and down to scroll through the characters. This would be much less fuss and if done right could look much better.
I do like the way it is now however but with more characters i'm not sure this will be viable anymore.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
kaid said:

...and his young link.

My next verson will probably steal the extra-6 character idea form the other guy.

Yes, the one in the upper right corner is Midna, and I also have M-09 that needs a name bar. Same with Deoxis.
Same with Ray.

I personally disagree with your choice of Ray (BR would be immensely cool, if a little over-the-top), but it's a really great list. A lot of my top pics, and a few surprises I wouldn't mind (M-09 specifically)

kaid

Smash Master
And Andy.

The trick with squeezing them all in was saying no to people like Samuri Goh, Hector, Ike, Falco, Dark Samus, King Dedede, Toad, Earthbound characters, ect.

Can anyone think of smaller, older franchises that I missed completely? Starfy and Mach Rider, I know, but I'd like 4 others...

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I also noticed you took out Falco. I personally disagree, but if Fox plays the same as SSB, I'd be fine with it.

The only smaller, older franchise I can think of is Punch-Out!! I don't see Little Mac on that list. While he's not exactly my #1 pick (or even in my top 10), I can see him as a worthwhile character from an old fan favorite with a possible sequel on the horizon (much like Pit, might I add).

Vinsanity

Smash Rookie
I like this one alot better so far; has more of a Smash look to it, I think. Obviously, I'm not done. I still have to add the character spaces and do more work on the player slot things.

kaid

Smash Master
I just went through the early screens of this thread, and am looking at Starfy, Mach Rider, ROB, Balloon Fighter, and Little Mac.

I may end up pitting Ray, from Day of Disaster back in.

Any GBA series I'm missing? (besides tetris?)

EDIT: Wait! Wii Sports Guy!

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
Vinsanity said:
I like this one alot better so far; has more of a Smash look to it, I think. Obviously, I'm not done. I still have to add the character spaces and do more work on the player slot things.

hmm I actually liked the other one more, this one seems way too dark.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
kaid said:
I just went through the early screens of this thread, and am looking at Starfy, Mach Rider, ROB, Balloon Fighter, and Little Mac.

I may end up pitting Ray, from Day of Disaster back in.

Any GBA series I'm missing? (besides tetris?)

EDIT: Wait! Wii Sports Guy!
I'd say Shantae, but that may be too obscure.

Conker1

Smash Ace
kirby_fox said:
I think that's that new character from Zelda TP if I'm not mistaken in Kaid's...

and conker1 - i like how you added some but you cut off their face in some...like Little Mac...and C. Olimar...and bomberman...and jeff...just sayin it'd look cleaner cut if the faces weren't cut off- otherwise it's a nice selection...minus Kooper...

the others are nice selections too for the most part...sorry- there are some characters I just don't see that would have better uses (Tom Nook for example)
Well I just did it real quick in MSPaint so.

Here's the screen before unlocking characters

And here's after unlocking all the characters

After unlocking Hector, Hextor and Diddy switch places
After unlocking Ridley, Ridley and Olimar switch
After Unlocking Wolf, Wolf and Ray switch
After unlocking Krystal, Krystal and Jeff switch

KOOPER RULES!!!!

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
No Waluigi.

No Pac-Man

Geno, Diddy Kong and Little Mac
+3,000

kaid

Smash Master

The fat version, W/o new pictures. The offset of the added boxes is intentional, being based off the Melee screen.

Unlockables are set up just like melee: The entire bottom row (besides Pikachu, who moves from someplace else when you unlock, say, Luigi) and both flanks (and thus, 3rd party characters) start off unavailable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Conker1...good screen(though I'm getting tired of looking at that background type, truthfully), but no Sonic or MegaMan? Instant fail for me.(even X or .exe would've been something). Not a bad screen at all, though.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Well Megaman sucks, replaced with Bomberman. I don't really care if Sonic is in it or not so meh.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
lol, i like how everyone is using zodiak's screen. although i am guilty of that too. good character choices. i would like to see midna be with wolf link thought. and why does everyone want pac-man. he sucks.

(why has no one seen my final version yet? you guys should see it. there is a link somewhere on this thread, like somewhere between page 6-8)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just checked it, colbusman, and while nice, I don't like how the characters are lined up(3 equal rows and 1 row with 1 character), and I think the boxes could've looked better. But other than that, pretty nice.

(man, nobody comments on mine. I'd better edit it with exact characters, I forgot about that)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, it wasn't originally like that but i added more characters and it ended up like that. i could fix it sometime soon though. also, i did it on paint, so that is why the boxes suck.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
kaid said:

The fat version, W/o new pictures. The offset of the added boxes is intentional, being based off the Melee screen.

Unlockables are set up just like melee: The entire bottom row (besides Pikachu, who moves from someplace else when you unlock, say, Luigi) and both flanks (and thus, 3rd party characters) start off unavailable.
u do have most of my fav characters but wheres geno!!! oh and everyone without a pic on that needs to be removed.
Wii dports guy- lmao
mach rider- i do c potential... well not really but he will have moves that are similiar or the exact same as capt. falcon
R.O.B.- uh... i dont know wat to say on that one......
Little mac- uh... no...just no
Star or watever his name is- oh hell no!!!
ballon figther- has a good chance on coming in b.c. he was going to be in melee but they chose ice climbers instead. i dont know wat to say. yes or no, come to me with a moveset and ill give my answer

kaid

Smash Master
Geno is a third party, and my set is already maxed out at Snake, Sonic and Megaman.

Wii Sports Guy has plenty of possibilities, expecially if they continue the series.

ROB, having been in Mario Kart DS, is a posibility.

Little Mac and Starfy have had supporters as far back as the original spam thread.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Well replace Kooper with whomever you want. He was the one character I wanted in that nobody else does. If I remembered I would've replaced him with Pac-Man. I just don't like Sonic. I liked his old Genesis games. I played trough and beat Sonic Adventure 2. I raised Chaos using Sonic. But for some reason I just don't like sonic at all. I like him waaaayyyyy more than Megaman though.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
stancosmos said:
im almost possitive there wont be 50 characters...
Plus he said at most he will only add 2-3 non nintendo characters...

This is in regards to the first post.
Yes, I know, but by the time I noticed there were way too many characters I was almost finished, and I didn't feel like changing it.

BTW, I also like all the screens out there. For the most part they all look good.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Some of these are pretty good. A little disappointed in character rosters, but the screens look good :laugh:

I'm trudging along on my own...

kaid

Smash Master
And the final version, pending better character portraits.

I'm a little worried that Starfox has as much representation as the core Mario franchise, but I couldn't find a good ROB pic, and people were complaining about the lack of Falco.

Retro characters: GW, IC, Mach Rider, Marth (he's from the NES), Ness, Pit, Balloon Fighter and Little Mac

Currently pending characters: Midna, M-09, Lucario, Wii Sports Guy.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord

Still in the early beta stages, as it states itself. But it's coming along. Just wanted to show you guys the final roster I decided on (which I know is more than what we will likely get number wise... :laugh:).

EDIT: And I know somebody's gonna knock it for no Sonic, but hear me out: it's my **** picture :laugh: I can do what I want.

But seriously, I've always felt from the beginning that those were the three third party characters we would end up with, give or take one for Bomberman or Simon or classic Mega Man.

Geno is included separately from them because well... I want him, for one, and for two, he's really a Mario character, just separated by a developer. He technically is third party, but doesn't have to be.

EDIT II: Here's the list of everybody (oy >.< my fingers are gonna hurt)
(from top to bottom, left to right)

Mario, Super Mario Bros.
Luigi, Super Mario Bros.
Geno, Super Mario RPG
Jigglypuff, Pokemon
Peach, Super Mario Bros.
Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong Country/Super Mario Bros.
Mewtwo, Pokemon
Yoshi, Super Mario Bros./Yoshi's Island
Bowser, Super Mario Bros.
Ridley, Metroid
Lucario, Pokemon
Pikachu, Pokemon
Wario, Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super Mario Bros. (he gets around :p)
Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Country/Super Mario Bros. (him too)
Princia, F-Zero
Deoxys, Pokemon
Zelda, Legend of Zelda
King Dedede, Kirby
Meta Knight, Kirby
Samus, Metroid
Daigoroh, F-Zero (Samurai Goroh's son, fyi)
Ness, Earthbound (Mother [2])
Link, Legend of Zelda
Vaati, Legend of Zelda
Kirby, Kirby
Demiru, Tomato Adventure
Captain Falcon, F-Zero
Krystal, Star Fox
Kumatora, Mother [3]
Young Link, Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker style)
Marth, Fire Emblem [1, 3]
Stafy, Legend of Stafy
Sami, Advance Wars
Fox, Star Fox
Ganondorf, Legend of Zelda
Ike, Fire Emblem [9]
Isaac, Golden Sun
Jill, Drill Dozer
Falco, Star Fox
(this begins my favorite row, EVER :))
Takamaru, Nazo no Murasamejou (translation: Riddle of Castle Murasame)
Sukapon, Joy Mech Fight
Pit, Kid Icarus
Mike, Star Tropics
(end favorite row EVER)
Little Mac, Punch-Out!!
Ice Climbers, Ice Climber :p
Balloon Fighter, Balloon Fight :laugh: (such simple names...)
ROB, NES Accesory (pic from Mario Kart DS)
Mr. Game and Watch, Original (from Game and Watch games)

~THIRD PARTIES LOL~
Solid Snake, Metal Gear -- Konami
Pacman, Pacman :p -- Namco
Bonk, Bonk XD -- Hudson

D

Deleted member

FlipTroopa said:

Still in the early beta stages, as it states itself. But it's coming along. Just wanted to show you guys the final roster I decided on (which I know is more than what we will likely get number wise... :laugh:).

EDIT: And I know somebody's gonna knock it for no Sonic, but hear me out: it's my **** picture :laugh: I can do what I want.

But seriously, I've always felt from the beginning that those were the three third party characters we would end up with, give or take one for Bomberman or Simon or classic Mega Man.

Geno is included separately from them because well... I want him, for one, and for two, he's really a Mario character, just separated by a developer. He technically is third party, but doesn't have to be.

EDIT II: Here's the list of everybody (oy >.< my fingers are gonna hurt)
(from top to bottom, left to right)

Mario, Super Mario Bros.
Luigi, Super Mario Bros.
Geno, Super Mario RPG
Jigglypuff, Pokemon
Peach, Super Mario Bros.
Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong Country/Super Mario Bros.
Mewtwo, Pokemon
Yoshi, Super Mario Bros./Yoshi's Island
Bowser, Super Mario Bros.
Ridley, Metroid
Lucario, Pokemon
Pikachu, Pokemon
Wario, Wario Land/Wario Ware/Super Mario Bros. (he gets around :p)
Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Country/Super Mario Bros. (him too)
Princia, F-Zero
Deoxys, Pokemon
Zelda, Legend of Zelda
King Dedede, Kirby
Meta Knight, Kirby
Samus, Metroid
Daigoroh, F-Zero (Samurai Goroh's son, fyi)
Ness, Earthbound (Mother [2])
Link, Legend of Zelda
Vaati, Legend of Zelda
Kirby, Kirby
Demiru, Tomato Adventure
Captain Falcon, F-Zero
Krystal, Star Fox
Kumatora, Mother [3]
Young Link, Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker style)
Marth, Fire Emblem [1, 3]
Stafy, Legend of Stafy
Sami, Advance Wars
Fox, Star Fox
Ganondorf, Legend of Zelda
Ike, Fire Emblem [9]
Isaac, Golden Sun
Jill, Drill Dozer
Falco, Star Fox
(this begins my favorite row, EVER :))
Takamaru, Nazo no Murasamejou (translation: Riddle of Castle Murasame)
Sukapon, Joy Mech Fight
Pit, Kid Icarus
Mike, Star Tropics
(end favorite row EVER)
Little Mac, Punch-Out!!
Ice Climbers, Ice Climber :p
Balloon Fighter, Balloon Fight :laugh: (such simple names...)
ROB, NES Accesory (pic from Mario Kart DS)
Mr. Game and Watch, Original (from Game and Watch games)

~THIRD PARTIES LOL~
Solid Snake, Metal Gear -- Konami
Pacman, Pacman :p -- Namco
Bonk, Bonk XD -- Hudson
Pure awesomeness. You should be part of the Brawl development team FlipTroopa. Sure, there's characters on there I don't agree with, and some that I would want to see, but its the most varied mockup I ever seen. And I think its great.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I agree with WindGuru, everyone should be satisfied with that, except for those people who always whine about 1 character that they like not being in.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
kaid said:
Like sonic.

Resolving a 15 year rivalry once and for is more important than simple awsomeness.
Not really, because you know if they did conclude the rivalry, not everyone would be happy with the result. Probably, Sonic would end up being lower tier than Mario; They'd probably make sure of it. And that would piss off a lot of Sonic fans.

It's really a very touchy situation. But logically, Sonic should be the loser, just as he was in reality.

kaid

Smash Master
They were neck and neck for over 10 years, with Sonic actually having the advantage in the states.

And Nintendo doesn't acknowlege tiers. They do their best to balance the game.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
If Sonic HAD to be in the game, he would likely just be Mario sans a little power for Speed. They would NOT make the two that radically different, and piss off that many fans. Let's be real here :laugh: Even though he failed in the real world (Worldwide Mario AND the TurboGrafx kicked Sonic's ***), as far as any of us REMEMBER, he was up there.

It's kinda like the old saying, "What people belive is more important than what's really true." Sonic was indeed more popular in the US for many years, but worldwide, and especially in Japan, couldn't hold a candle. In actuality, Sonic was American made, or at least made with Americans in mind, for many years, since Sega knew that was where they were going to get a following. In the 90s, Mario OR Bonk would've destroyed Sonic in Japan. Now that Sega is third party, Sonic Team started making their games more "Japanese," and Bonk is long gone, Sonic has gotten a bit of his crown back over there. But he still wasn't "LOL CHAMPION." We just remember him being that way, because that's how it was for us in the West.

Regardless, I was going to make a topic soon about why we should pay a more attentive ear to HUDSON, not Sega. It's amazing how many people neglect that developer, after they've done practically everything for Nintendo :p

EDIT: And thanks for the compliment WindGuru. It was flattering :laugh:

Conker1

Smash Ace
Hudson deserves to put a character in SSBB before Sega does. Bomberman should definately be in SSBB.
[Off-topic]They should've put Bomberman in the Mario Party series as a super unlockable.[/OffTopic]

Blue_X

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm kind of new to this forum, and not that smart due to my lack of age and stupidity, but I'd like to make a selection screen but, how do I put this.......how do I? I'm sorry if this has been answered, if it has you can just scold me and I'll lurk more carefully.

Top Bottom