• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and Hrnut Present: Brawl Wars II - Truce 11/8/2008 (Brawl & Melee)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if youre missing your gamecube memory card and your brawl, thats just a sign to not play anything smash related cause youre screwed either way.

i need this tourney to happen now.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Hey GDX, put down NINE for a Wii/Brawl. He might also be bringing a cube, but he's not sure right now if he has all the cords for it. Either way I'll try and make sure he has the cube with him just in case, plus Melee of course.

I'm plannin on taking top 3 in Melee singles so you all better watch out! XD

Finch

Smash Lord
get a memory card from hbox and I'll trade you. I don't mind giving you back yours but I'm not going to go without one because juan was a **** about my stuff. idc whose I have as long as I have one.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
get a memory card from hbox and I'll trade you. I don't mind giving you back yours but I'm not going to go without one because juan was a **** about my stuff. idc whose I have as long as I have one.
wow why do you keep blaming stuff on me

it was a big, crazy smashfest

anyone could have mistakenly taken your stuff

I lost my melee two sundays ago

Finch

Smash Lord
It's just that (I assume) you took my memory card out of my gamecube and didn't keep track of it, so you ended up giving me kyons. If you didn't take it out of my cube then it's not your fault but if you did then it totally is and you owe one of us a memory card.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
It's just that (I assume) you took my memory card out of my gamecube and didn't keep track of it, so you ended up giving me kyons. If you didn't take it out of my cube then it's not your fault but if you did then it totally is and you owe one of us a memory card.
i took the memory card

put it in my cube

took it out

and put it on top of your cube

so something like this wouldn't happen

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
was the game you guys were talking about a few pages ago fallout 3? i honestly dont know...

o ya. 3 days away...i hope enough people show up for melee to where i dont have to do a round robin or something gay like that. And you guys still never told me what you wanted to do as of order. The only thing ive heard is from monk, which is:

Melee doubles -----> brawl doubles/melee singles -----> brawl singles

any other suggestions, or votes to how you wanna do things?

nevershootme

Smash Master
was the game you guys were talking about a few pages ago fallout 3? i honestly dont know...

o ya. 3 days away...i hope enough people show up for melee to where i dont have to do a round robin or something gay like that. And you guys still never told me what you wanted to do as of order. The only thing ive heard is from monk, which is:

Melee doubles -----> brawl doubles/melee singles -----> brawl singles

any other suggestions, or votes to how you wanna do things?
yea it was fallout 3.

Depending on the attendence for each game and amount of TV's available. you can run both games at the same time.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I want to make sure of with the game order is that I'm able to participate in singles for both games. I might try doubles for Melee or something for giggles with NINE, but singles for both is my main priority.

So make sure they don't happen at the same time! :D

-!-

Smash Lord
Oh yea... Fallout 3 is too good.... Who doesn't like to see bodies blow up for no reason after shooting their body!

and too bad I can't freaking come since i'll be in Gainesville partying it up over there....
crap you won't be coming to this man >.< this sucks

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
GDX and Hrnut- drive up friday night and get housed by me yeah?? i wanna play brawl with u guys for a while, i need more exp. to level up before the tournament

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX and Hrnut- drive up friday night and get housed by me yeah?? i wanna play brawl with u guys for a while, i need more exp. to level up before the tournament
sorry, we cant come friday. me and nick got seperate errands to run friday so we gonna stay in orlando.

-!-

Smash Lord
ok, I'll be bringing a friend with me so add "ESKMO" to the list and there's a chance someone else might tag along too... also till what time the last tourney ended??? and how many showed up??? doesn't seem more people are gonna sign up but I'll still come ^.<

Can't wait for Sat. ^.^

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
are u sure this is worth hosting then?? it will be u 2, me, maaybe some tampa ppl, and who else???

seems like its gonna be kinda fail
why would it not be worth hosting because me and hrnut gonna stay in orlando friday and drive straight to the tourney saturday? lol...we just got stuff to do Friday night, thats all.

ok, I'll be bringing a friend with me so add "ESKMO" to the list and there's a chance someone else might tag along too... also till what time the last tourney ended??? and how many showed up??? doesn't seem more people are gonna sign up but I'll still come ^.<

Can't wait for Sat. ^.^
ill add your friend...the last tourney ended at around 8-9pm? there were 29 for singles, and i think 12-13 teams. I wouldn't bank on it being guaranteed bigger than last time, but thats what we had last time. I dont know how many locals are gonna show up..that just depends on how effective Kamano's fliers were.

If i have the money , i'll MM anyone in foosball or air hockey. I still plan to hold a small foosball tourney. $5 dollar entry...may also do it for air hockey. Pool would take too long

We should have pizza again at the venue for people who want to buy. And of course they already sell drinks and stuff. If you have a foldout chair, please bring it, as we were cutting it really close last tourney.

TVS/WIIS/CUBES/MELEES. BRING THEM OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
between me and nickriddle we're lookin to bring 10 people total.

we're not 100% of who exactly the ten will be but we're commin
sfl doesnt travel much, but when they do....:laugh:

man, i havnt seen nick riddle in a good while. I think FIU was the last time

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Ah yeah GDX, chairs is a good idea. >_>

We might be able to snag some of the conference chairs if we need, or at least use the conference ones to replace all the PC chairs we're taking :laugh:

With a little luck, I miiiight be able to actually bring a total of 3 TVs. Cable to VGA adapters/converters don't cause any lag right? I don't believe they do, but if someone could verify that would help a bit, as at least one of the TVs I'd possibly be bringing has only a cable input.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Attendance: (both sure and maybe)
1. GDX
2. HRnut
3. Kamano
4. Polmex23
5. Lime_backwards
6. Monk
7. Garbanzo
8. White Out
9. Criss
10. Zoro:laugh:
11. Marin:laugh: