• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Komodo Brawl Tournament Jan 16th Abbotsford B.C.

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Good news everyone! I have acquired two air mattresses so not everyone will be on the floor!!!!!
nice
we should determine who gets to sleep on the mattresses with a mini torueny at the smash fest or something
haha

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Pfff of course you would suggest a low tier tourney :p Well I suggest a random tourney 8D

Actually I dislike air mattresses anyways so I'm aiming for a couch :D

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Places to sleep will be determined by arm wrestling and shot for shot!

OR...

we will have 4 tvs tomorrow night so we could do a tournament. Personally i like option 1.

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
drinking contest!
the first people to pass out will be moved onto the floor while the others will sleep on the couch/air matrresses

unityole

Smash Lord
If you mean a 64 tournament, then there may or may not be time for that, but if you're just talking about friendlies then yeah, we'll probably have a TV set up for non-Brawl games, and since there's a few 64 players at the tourney it'll probably be mostly 64 on that TV, I'd assume :p
i said nothing about a 64 tournament, i like the game enough to just play it, u can stop assuming things lol.

also i wont be going to it, i still dont see anyone posting anything about having even a tv for a game, all everyone been saying is if theres time, they'll do a 64 tournament, IDC if theres a tourney just want some friendlies =(

anyway i will work this weekend, and next weekend and prepare for my tourney on 30th, melee of course. blueyoshi i hope u can let people know, ive already talk to Hiliary about it.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I only have 5 wiis and 6 tvs so i will have 1 tv dedicated to 64

bundtcake

Smash Ace
i said nothing about a 64 tournament, i like the game enough to just play it, u can stop assuming things lol.

also i wont be going to it, i still dont see anyone posting anything about having even a tv for a game, all everyone been saying is if theres time, they'll do a 64 tournament, IDC if theres a tourney just want some friendlies =(

anyway i will work this weekend, and next weekend and prepare for my tourney on 30th, melee of course. blueyoshi i hope u can let people know, ive already talk to Hiliary about it.
...Did you miss the second half of my post? x_X; It says pretty clearly that there would be a TV for SSB friendlies. And you said nothing about a 64 tournament, but who knows! You were vague and could've been implying it, so I talked about both a tournament and also friendlies in my post.

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
where do we meet up with you guys if we get there at like 10:30, Komodo PC or wherever you guys will be?

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I have a question, do the people who are doing the 1 vs 1's have to be there at 11 as well to register?

breez

Smash Ace
I have a question, do the people who are doing the 1 vs 1's have to be there at 11 as well to register?
We will probably let you play if you show up before the actual tourny starts :p

I am also up for Hold 'em determining sleeping positions!

marklar

Smash Rookie
How many seeder pools were you planning on doing, and why? Is everyone's seat in the seed pool going to be random?

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
In about 12 hours, I will be sleeping in, missing the bus that I am supposed to catch, thus making me forced to withdraw from the tournament due to no transportation to the ferry. :p
if you do that i will be screwed over as well...
sad facee

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
In twelve hours I'll be doing banking **** to get extra fives and finishing packing.

HYPE!

Uhm still need a team mate. For all who is housing at Jordan's (seems like a lot) play me and we'll see if you want to team with me if you don't have a teammate. I'm really good in 1v2s and in general good in teams. MK DIDDY WARIO HYPE

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
20 players on the confirmed list, and nobody's backed out yet. =0

Guys, this is looking to be pretty legit. =]

EDIT: Okay, I looked at the bus schedule, and the 701 leaves Coquitlam every 15 minutes at around 4:00. For the people transiting there tomorrow; can you make it to Coquitlam by 4:17? I'll arrive at either 4:02 or 4:12, depending on how quickly I make it back after class. The 701 also leaves at 4:02, but methinks that's too close for comfort, especially since me getting there at that time in the first place is really iffy. I think 4:17 would give us all a little more room to breathe. That would mean we'd arrive at Haney Place at roughly 4:45.

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
In twelve hours I'll be doing banking **** to get extra fives and finishing packing.

HYPE!

Uhm still need a team mate. For all who is housing at Jordan's (seems like a lot) play me and we'll see if you want to team with me if you don't have a teammate. I'm really good in 1v2s and in general good in teams. MK DIDDY WARIO HYPE
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 64 teammate. I'm really good at 1v3's and in general good at killing my teammate in teams. I took the Falcon Challenge (team attack off, 5 stocks) against some of the best 64ers in Victoria, and won with two stocks left. KIRBY UPTILT IS BROKEN HYPE

lol jk :p just bugging you lib :) (but the falcon challenge story is true. Trevor was one of the Falcons :p)

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm looking for a 64 teammate. I'm really good at 1v3's and in general good at killing my teammate in teams. I took the Falcon Challenge (team attack off, 5 stocks) against some of the best 64ers in Victoria, and won with two stocks left. KIRBY UPTILT IS BROKEN HYPE

lol jk :p just bugging you lib :) (but the falcon challenge story is true. Trevor was one of the Falcons :p)
that was like my 2nd attempt at using falcon though >.>

LFL

Smash Journeyman
here is my cell number for anyone who needs to contact me 778-808-5811

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Can people with cell phones that are involved in the Friday transportation group (i.e. Brians, and others involved) give me your cell phone number? This is just in case something happens (e.g. we get lost) and we need to contact someone. My cell: (250) 896-5389. It's possible I may not go back on the computer before I head out, so could you text me your phone number? This is mainly to the brians (as they are the first we are meeting), but goes to everyone involved (might as well. Better safe then sorry).

Again, my cell:

(250) 896-5389

Text me your phone number so that I can contact you if necessary (for those involved in the Friday trip).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
haha ninja'd by a cell number. How ironic :p

And while I'm posting (yes, double posting *ghasp* ... unless I get ninja'd again :p), looks like the trip planner decided to be lame, so we may end up being an hour early after all. But seeing as we already have our trip planned out, no point getting confused and such. So bottom line, we may be at the "Northbound Commercial Dr at N Grandview HWY" stop as early as 3 pm. The trip planner decided that the only Canada Line Skytrain time we could take was at 3:30, when we arrive at the skytrain stop at 2:39... and apparently there's a skytrain every 8 minutes. So yeah... we will be early. Very.

Well, I guess this means that if we miss the ferry, we will still be on time lol :p (but lets make it anyways :p)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Due to my desire to make a double post... and having been ninja'd again (lol twice in a row :p), here's the part of the first post that has the prize:

1v1 Fee - $10
2v2 Fee - $5 per person

Division of the Pot:
Tournaments with 2-4 contestants: (max 4-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 100%

Tournaments with 5-16 contestants: (max 16-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 70%
* 2nd Place - 30%

Tournaments with 17-32 contestants: (max 32-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 60%
* 2nd Place - 30%
* 3rd Place - 10%

Tournaments with 33-64 contestants: (max 64-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 50%
* 2nd Place - 25%
* 3rd Place - 15%
* 4th Place - 10%
Everyone puts in money for each event, then depending on the number of players for each event, that is the pot split. So... that is essentially the prize.

Please say I got the ban-worthy double post :p

edit: hurray :p

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Due to my desire to make a double post... and having been ninja'd again (lol twice in a row :p), here's the part of the first post that has the prize:

Everyone puts in money for each event, then depending on the number of players for each event, that is the pot split. So... that is essentially the prize.

Please say I got the ban-worthy double post :p

edit: hurray :p
Thank-You and i think i should be able to go...btw im 13 years old :p O.o

Top Bottom