• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Komodo Brawl Tournament Jan 16th Abbotsford B.C.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Last time someone really young came to a tournament (i.e. Clouderz), he ***** everyone. Except for the last one where his parents picked him up early and he had to forfeit his games lol :p
haha. im decent but not like pro. How old exactly was he? LoL.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
The tourney's only on Saturday, but because a lot of people are coming from out of town, they're staying over at the tourney host's house on Friday night :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Haha, pretty sure LFL could take care of himself if anything happened :p Most people in the Smash community are fairly decent human beings, and housing people from out of town is a pretty common occurance for a lot of tourneys, otherwise they wouldn't be able to make it to the tournament.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
okay just heads up, this is my first in person tournament so i would be glad if someone could help me around at the tournament if i go D=

LFL

Smash Journeyman
That's good, but im kinda nervous :p Is KomodoPC a big place?
Komodo is a decently sized place. It will comfortably fit everyone who is coming

I have a suspicion that HNG is clouderz in disguise...

unityole

Smash Lord
Komodo is a decently sized place. It will comfortably fit everyone who is coming

i would say HNG is probably 95% not clouderz, if its him then he must have changed quite a bit since i saw him last.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I had my clouderz suspicions since he said he was 13, but I decided the odds were so low that it's probably not him. But then again, it could be :p

Seeing as he's not saying anything, it could very well be him :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
lol I can imagine this guy's expression if he reads all these posts... and he didn't end up being clouderz :p

Don't worry, we're a friendly bunch. We just joke around with each other alot. Well... except for Blue Yoshi. Watch out for him. ;)

HNG

Smash Journeyman

O pffft. I had school, math class after that, violin class after math then went out to dinner and returned at 9:30 PM. and NOOO i am not clouderz.... i am HNG ;D who does clouderz main?

HNG

Smash Journeyman
GG's to everyone i played...i had fun. Too bad my controller got switched with sumone else by accident =/ Also, will any of our brawl at the tournament be posted on youtube? and second will the results be posted onto this thread?

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
yeah, shout outs to ikool and hng, and jpwn. ggz. and thanks lfl for the good ****. CMON SON!

edit: asa, get the **** out of here with that bull**** lol, cmon son, il get you next time.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
wtf you guys sayin n ****

who the hell is HNG
too bad i didnt come i needed money

w/e brawl is gay

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys had a great time at the tourny it was really fun...props to Jordan for hosting...thank you ;) Ben, Bryan and Jake y guys are really good... but i think in enough time ill eventually be able to take that Snake and R.O.B...lol :p...i should practice a bit more before i go to another tourny... Jake nice Yoshi!!! (btw i am Vincent main MK and got 4th place...just for anyone who's not sure who i am :p ) anyways GG's forgot how fun it was to play brawl, everyone was very good....
it was great meeting everyone....and this is just a lil bio of my smash history for anyone who doesn't really know where i popped out from...lol
I started since 64 smash bros, played that for a few years(4 fun with friends ), then i started playing melee (again just for fun..) but i never played with advance techniques which is why Eric is trying to help me out with that...and then i played brawl when it came out for a few months until i finally decided to go to my first national smash tourny...but i did pretty well got 3rd place out of 128 brawl players....(prob could have won it but made a really big mistake at Finals) the tourny was not that well organized tho....and well moved to B.C about a year ago and found out that B.C was all about melee...so i had to start playing melee again because i really enjoy playing smash....so i pretty much hadn't played brawl for almost a year until UBC..... kinda tried to practice during the tourny :p....but anyways i hope we can keep smashing with u guys again soon...if anybody wants to train up for that tourny in Seattle lemme know...i might be going as well.....Peace! :)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
TBH, i dont know half of the people here even though ive asked some of you for your user on SmashBoards O.o

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
TBH, i dont know half of the people here even though ive asked some of you for your user on SmashBoards O.o
Hello I'm Eric (Blunted_Object10, ChaoZ, Richmond tall white guy, played MK, Mario and Marth.) :)

Good games everyone by the way! Thanks Breeze for making me pick up MK ;)

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Awesome first tourney! Thanks for hosting LFL! Major props to Corbin for driving me there, and props for that guy that drove us back (sry I don't know your name :( ).
I'm still learning names so please bear with me. :3

Breez, **** it, I was hoping to play your Smake... Awesome MK though!
Cake, you and your multi-character ability astounds me... O_O
Jake, thnx fer peer pressuring me to come to this thing.
ASA, sry I was such a terribad doubles partner... No johns here for my flailure.
Corbin n Sed (i think), thanks for busing back with me. ^.^
Icon, your thunder skeels with pickachu scare me...
HNG, dude, for a 13 year-old, you kick ***.
Blue Yoshi n Hadouken? Awesome meeting players from the island. Yoshi's G&W... just >:(
Blunted-Object, your Mario is god tier.
I don't remember the name of the other guy that travelled to Komodo with us, but I believe it was Justin... It was awesome meeting you. Too bad we never played each other...

And... I don't believe I met anyone else... I really gotta be more social at these things. >.<

Anyways, thanks to everyone for making my first tournament such a great experience!

HNG

Smash Journeyman
could sumone upload some of our saved replays onto youtube? That'd be great to see. Next time theres a tournament near me, ill try and go...

Clouderz

Smash Ace
how much did the winner make? jw cuz if its only like 100 bucks its not worth it for me to travel places

no offense to anyone

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Uhhhh... singles was $10 each. For about 20 people. 1st place is 60%.

10 x 20 x 0.6 = $120 for first.

oh

ill come to a brawl tourney if their are 30+ entrants

so, ya, better get more guys if you wanna play the grand master **** juice of all apples.

breez

Smash Ace
oh

ill come to a brawl tourney if their are 30+ entrants

so, ya, better get more guys if you wanna play the grand master **** juice of all apples.
That is good to hear - we would like to see you come out to a tourny :)

Anyway, time for my shoutouts!

First off, I have to give props to HNG - he was a little quiet around me but but a fantastic little brawl player, he could definitely turn out to be a beastly players! Again, mad props to the youngest guy there - hope to see you again man! I hope I didn't creep you out or anything, I was just excited to see such a young gamer there! I was already addicted to Starcraft when I was your age ;)

Otherwise - wow, what a great bunch of games. Everyone was playing pretty well and I had a great time.

Blunted: np for the mk peer pressure - if you play him for a few weeks I have no doubt that you will be better than me, and possibly wrecking the brawl scene ;) Also, I know we live quite far apart, but since I get free transit I am sure we can work out some training days together ;)

Vincent: What can I say - 4th place? You need to play more! You will also be beastly and a very scary opponent if you put in the practice - grats on the placement, try and break into top 3 sometime soon!

Ikool: It was great to see you actually come out! Good diddy play - you have so much improvement that you are capable of! Keep coming to tournies so BC can have a competent diddy please. Sorry I didn't play snake against you, I was trying to keep my MK warm and just got wrecked by Brian anyway.

Ced+Corbin: **** yeah guys :D Keep coming, you both have great potential.

ASA: Shoe-in for 4th place in BC IMO - right now it seems there is a little rift between top 3 and the rest of everyone else - I think there is going to be a little battle for who is 4th best soon and I think you can take that title - from there you can defintely content for top 3, keep kicking ***.

For everyone else, thanks a lot for coming, I had a great time and everyone was really cool!

Play more money matches with me next time pplz - bring your loonies to OV5!

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Thx breez and you were very nice to me at the tournament :D who was the guy who was wearing the NSMBW T-shirT? He was pretty fun to brawl with....Falcon Dittos ^.^

smash mash

Smash Apprentice
Vincent: What can I say - 4th place? You need to play more! You will also be beastly and a very scary opponent if you put in the practice - grats on the placement, try and break into top 3 sometime soon!
thnx, i had alot of fun...i will try to practice more before my next tourny...gonna try and main wolf and practice my marth again too..btw if anybody wants to add me on msn to smash sometime...my email is latinvpa@hotmail.com

Top Bottom