• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Komodo Brawl Tournament Jan 16th Abbotsford B.C.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Sad news everyone... I will not be attending this tournament. Sadly, due to the change in date, my parents are against me leaving to Abbotsford at night. Since there is no way for me to make it on Saturday, I'm kinda screwed.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
ikool check with ced and corbin they're leaving on saturday for the tournament and live in coquitlam afaik.

my gf said 3 dollars from everyone would cover it.

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
ill defiantly chip in for some breakfast on saturday :3
cant wait til this tourney startsv

also all i can bring is a full 64 setup (if there will be 64?)
my cube is somewhere else and my wii is **** x_X

EDIT: i just realized I mentioned I could not bring a cube to a tourney that will not have a melee tourney....*facepalm*

Asa

Smash Hero
sad News Everyone... I Will Not Be Attending This Tournament. Sadly, Due To The Change In Date, My Parents Are Against Me Leaving To Abbotsford At Night. Since There Is No Way For Me To Make It On Saturday, I'm Kinda Screwed.
Fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--

So my gf is amazing and offered to make everyone, whose staying at my place, breakfast saturday morning if you guys all pitch in for groceries.
I wanna help plox

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
EDIT: i just realized I mentioned I could not bring a cube to a tourney that will not have a melee tourney....*facepalm*
Just because you're bringing your cube doesn't mean it's for melee. Maybe people want to play Mario Kart Double Dash or something, and all the wii's are taken for brawl. Bringing a gamecube guarantees a gamecube game to be on it. Of course, someone could bring melee, but I believed that the TO's banned melee from being played at the tourney.

Asa

Smash Hero
Just because you're bringing your cube doesn't mean it's for melee. Maybe people want to play Mario Kart Double Dash or something, and all the wii's are taken for brawl. Bringing a gamecube guarantees a gamecube game to be on it. Of course, someone could bring melee, but I believed that the TO's banned melee from being played at the tourney.

ew double dash
i don't think melee was banned from this tourney..

bundtcake

Smash Ace
ew double dash
Agreed @ ew double dash, MKDS/MK64 ftw :(

And yeah, Melee wasn't banned from this tourney, it's Brawl that's banned from that Melee tourney coming up... :p At the last tourney in Abbotsford we had a TV set up for other fighting games, but it never really got played except for like two people, so feel free to bring it but there's no guarantee it'll get used :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
ew double dash
Well, I was trying to think of a good multiplayer gamecube game... and nothing came to mind (other than melee). So I decided to say something that everyone knows. But I agree with "ew double dash"... by far my least favourite mario kart game.

And... well... I guess melee wasn't banned. Melee money match anyone :p jk :) (though partially serious :p)

unityole

Smash Lord
i just read whole 18 pages
i may or may not come to this, all depends on LFL if theres time for smash 64, if i go i will play with blueyoshi and his friend trevor and i will probably get a ride from corbin.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
If you mean a 64 tournament, then there may or may not be time for that, but if you're just talking about friendlies then yeah, we'll probably have a TV set up for non-Brawl games, and since there's a few 64 players at the tourney it'll probably be mostly 64 on that TV, I'd assume :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
There seems to be an interest in 64. At least 4 people have shown interest in this thread (me, Trevor, Corbin, Jack). Plus, matches don't last as long as brawl matches (Falcon dittos shouldn't last more than 2 minutes, for example).

64 won't take that much time compared to brawl, plus we seem to have quite a few set-ups (I'm bringing one, I remember people earlier in the thread mentioning they are bringing one). I think we would be able to :p

Asa

Smash Hero
wow don't yell dude we'll come

ya speaking of corbin's tourney
we should combine the two , since they are so close together
should be at corbin's venue cuz it's waayyy bigger

bundtcake

Smash Ace
You're missing my point though, Blue Yoshi... :p This is a Brawl tourney first and foremost, meaning Brawl comes first, and it might last too long to be able to have a SSB64 tourney afterwards.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I'm still minus a ride so far... If anyone is available to pick me up on Saturday, please, PLEASE, let me know. :<

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I'm still minus a ride so far... If anyone is available to pick me up on Saturday, please, PLEASE, let me know. :<
where you be at? if you wanna come, just pitch in for gas and il give you a ride there.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
i have no problem with a 64 event or friendlies. It all depends on how long brawl takes. Plus the random character/ban stages only event.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
where you be at? if you wanna come, just pitch in for gas and il give you a ride there.
YEAHHH! SWEETNESH!
I'll pitch in for gas fo sho. I live in the Panorama area, but I'd gladly go somewhere closer to you by Skytrain. Also, what time would you expect to pick me up?

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
YEAHHH! SWEETNESH!
I'll pitch in for gas fo sho. I live in the Panorama area, but I'd gladly go somewhere closer to you by Skytrain. Also, what time would you expect to pick me up?
can you be at Lougheed skytrain station at like 10:00 AM?

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow Night Smash Fest Hype!

Hype Hype Hype Hype

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Good news everyone! I have acquired two air mattresses so not everyone will be on the floor!!!!!

Top Bottom