• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Komodo Brawl Tournament Jan 16th Abbotsford B.C.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
transit wont get you to abbotsford :( cancel your plans on friday!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
So... how do the people without a ride get there then? If there is no way for us to go, then Me and Trevor can't go (unless people are willing to pay for the car ride across the ferry. It's a difference of 27 to 72 dollars with or without the car (each).

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I can pick people up from maple ridge on friday the 15th. the transit system can get you that far. Or you can take the west coast express to mission which would be perfect

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I'm done work in maple ridge no later than 4pm. So anytime after that and you'll be safe

LFL

Smash Journeyman
if you guys arrive at the bus station at the same time.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
transit wont get you to abbotsford :( cancel your plans on friday!
O.O
WHAT?! But... but... but...
This is why I was hoping the tourney was on Sunday. :<

Edit: Yeah... The event for Friday is pretty important so I can't miss that 100%...
If I can't get there by public transit, I'm pretty much screwed. :<

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
if you guys arrive at the bus station at the same time.
my fault
the question was directed more at the vanoucver people who are going

if i remember right there was a plan to take the public transportation with them to maple ridge...wondering if that plan is still going

bundtcake

Smash Ace
my fault
the question was directed more at the vanoucver people who are going

if i remember right there was a plan to take the public transportation with them to maple ridge...wondering if that plan is still going
Depends on when you guys are coming o: Me and Asadelta will probably be leaving from UBC around 3pm-ish, and we'll be meeting up with Firefly in Coquitlam and then taking the bus to Maple Ridge from there.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
O.O
WHAT?! But... but... but...
This is why I was hoping the tourney was on Sunday. :<

Edit: Yeah... The event for Friday is pretty important so I can't miss that 100%...
If I can't get there by public transit, I'm pretty much screwed. :<
When does your thing on friday finish? If you can get out to maple ridge friday night i will come and pick you up. I'd hate for you to miss the event due to my mistake

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'd have to double-check the bus schedule, but I'll probably get to Coquitlam at around 4:00. And ikool, don't worry too much if you have to come late on Friday, because we all stay up pretty late anyway. =D Just figure something out plz. D=

:005:

ikool

Smash Apprentice
When does your thing on friday finish? If you can get out to maple ridge friday night i will come and pick you up. I'd hate for you to miss the event due to my mistake
My event ends at 9pm. If you can pick me up at around 10pm, that would be pretty godly.
The only problem now is convincing my parents that I'm going to a sleepover right afterwards...

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I can pick you up at 10 or later on friday. It doesn't matter to me. Tell them tomorrow!

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I can pick you up at 10 or later on friday. It doesn't matter to me. Tell them tomorrow!
I'll try, but I have pretty strict parents. If I convince them, I'm gonna need directions to the stop to where you will pick me up.

Also Jake, Brawl tiemz tomo at 12:30 (when I reach the surrey campus from burnaby). I'll play for a couple hrs, then tons o math hmwk to ownz.

Dam, I was also hoping to play Breez to get a feel for higher level tourney play, but I guess that won't be happening. :(

LFL

Smash Journeyman
You'll have to ask jake about directions to the bus stop if you are taking transit

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
No, just wondering who jake is.

lol jk :p

You'll have to ask jake about directions to the bus stop if you are taking transit
just wondering this :p

I just realized... I don't know many people there... so I'm going to have to learn like 10 new names. Seeing as I suck with names (some people took me a year to remember... and I see them every week), expect me to get your name wrong at times. lol :p

Also, where should me and Trevor meet you guys? (I'm assuming at a transit stop)? We'll be taking transit from the ferry to wherever is best for you guys. I'd like to get this planned out sooner than later, since last-minute planning has a possibility of failing...

Edit: didn't see LFL's post, but still, Jake's post clarified who he was :p

Edit before posting edited post: Why don't people post their first names here so that people (i.e. me) can get used to them before starting to fail miserably at Vancouver? :p

I'm Robert, Karupin (aka HADOUKEN) is Trevor :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Coquitlam Station is usually the meeting point between me and the Brians (bundtcake and Asadelta; yes, they are both named Brian), and from there, we take the 701 to Maple Ridge. It is there that Jordan (LFL) picks us up. Depending on the route you take, you may cross paths with the Brians; they come from UBC and take the SkyTrain. I take a bus from SFU directly to Coquitlam, so there's no reason you'd see me before Coquitlam. I'm not 100% on the details of their usual route, but IIRC, they take a bus from UBC to around the Commercial/Broadway station, then take the Millenium Line to Braid station, and take a bus from there to Coquitlam. As I mentioned earlier, I can make it there by around 4:00. I believe their classes end earlier than mine on Friday, so that's probably when we're going to meet, unless there are any objections.

If you have an idea of how you're getting to Coquitlam, great; if that route takes you along that of the Brians, let them know, and you can sort out some meeting time. If it doesn't, just meet us at Coquitlam. If you don't know how exactly how you're going to get there, I'd recommend just meeting the Brians at Commercial/Broadway, and going from there.

My cell is (780) 686-2236. We use the marvel of texting to coordinate ourselves so we aren't left wondering where the hell the others are. =3

You really like your smilies, don't you? I counted 6 in just that post. :p

I will deal with ikool tomorrow. >=3

:005:

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else that needs a ride to abbotsford please let me know.

Also i have 6 tvs and only 4 wiis. If anyone can bring a wii that would be amazing.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Hmm... which should I talk about first... the smileys or the trip? uh... I guess the trip first :p

I went on the Vancouver Transit site, and did their trip planner thing. If we were to go from Tsawwassen to Coquitlam Central Station, we would be going on the Canada Line (which is the one I believe Brian and Brian are going on). So that said, we can meet them on the sky train, then follow their route to Coquitlam.

Edit: Forgot about smileys :p

Uh... I'll put it this way. I put a smiley if I am either joking or not 100% serious. As you can tell, I am never serious lol :p

Trust me, it will make more sense once I'm there :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
We're gonna be on the Millenium Line, not the Canada line :p To get to the Millenium Line from the Canada Line, stop at the Broadway - City Hall station, then from there get on the 99 B-line bus to the Commercial/Broadway station, where we'd probably meet up

Asa

Smash Hero
wait what the hell is the millenium line? have we taken that before?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
What time do you guys plan on being at the Commercial/Broadway station? Just so that we can plan to get the right ferry (they are timed one hour apart, so being one ferry off can either make us wait over an hour, or make us miss you completely. ;)

Asa

Smash Hero
What time do you guys plan on being at the Commercial/Broadway station? Just so that we can plan to get the right ferry (they are timed one hour apart, so being one ferry off can either make us wait over an hour, or make us miss you completely. ;)
um probably like 4?

hey LFL ima try to bring another guy to the tourney, he's another friend of mine. put him under as Zombathy

LFL

Smash Journeyman
So my gf is amazing and offered to make everyone, whose staying at my place, breakfast saturday morning if you guys all pitch in for groceries.

Top Bottom