• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit Championship Results 1/17/09

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Q is an absolute beast with toon link....Trust me....Who ever this Amari is I guarantee Q will f*ck him a new *ss hole no Homo!!!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Q is an absolute beast with toon link....Trust me....Who ever this Amari is I guarantee Q will f*ck him a new *ss hole no Homo!!!
meh i don't actually care, but he really should play amari before he claims it. :p

its just fun to mess with people

QUIVO

Smash Master
Amari's known on aib for being a good online TL. I guess Amari just needs to start going to more tournaments offline... and actually finish them?

Also, from my understanding he was ***** by anther/lain...

Lain hadn't played me in ages and told me I was the better toon link when he had just recently played amari

: p

I dont care though

Legan

Smash Lord
lol, i'm sorry but amari > .
Eh, i gotta disagree with you there, Q is like the Toon Link equivalent to me except he actually places really well. I just mean he uses green link and plays epic as ****.

Quivo Link & TL teams would be too good and I dont think the world is ready for that ****.

You see Deva and Chip ****** it up in washington in doubles, we should be doing the same.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
meh i don't actually care, but he really should play amari before he claims it. :p

Very true...I can careless as well....But Q is my dude and I Rep all my peeps when I feel i need to...that's just me...so like i stated before he'll f*ck him a new Azhole....No homo....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol, i'm sorry but amari > you. i haven't even heard of you before. amari just needs to finish a tournament for once, he is always leaving before they actually finish.

also Dr. x, Spoon picked pit back up so there is another pit in the midwest again.. though i have no idea how good his pit is.. last time i played his pit i'm pretty sure i destroyed it.
Q once took a set off me, and is on my tournament shirt more than anyone else simply because we would always meet in the finals.

Q's ****ing good. If amari isn't finishing tournaments, that means he either doesn't like money or wouldn't make money anyway. I'm gonna go ahead and assume, since most people don't throw away free money, that he wouldn't make money anyway. Q would be all like dolla dolla bill y'all with YBM.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Our President is black....Yay!!!! God Kais FTW
lmao so random

lol, i'm sorry but amari > you. i haven't even heard of you before. amari just needs to finish a tournament for once, he is always leaving before they actually finish.
They're both good. I don't think I've played Quivo (have I?) but I've played Amari on wifi, and he's pretty ownagetastic.

I'd guess it would be close.

And then again, there's my Toon Link. You guys have no idea how good it is!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Q once took a set off me, and is on my tournament shirt more than anyone else simply because we would always meet in the finals.

Q's ****ing good. If amari isn't finishing tournaments, that means he either doesn't like money or wouldn't make money anyway. I'm gonna go ahead and assume, since most people don't throw away free money, that he wouldn't make money anyway. Q would be all like dolla dolla bill y'all with YBM.
lol i've never actually played amari, but i guess after kels (this is right, it wasn't kel) beat him in a tournament in chicago he left because of curfew johns. i guess he is only like 14 or something iunno i met him once and he does seem pretty young. XD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol i've never actually played amari, but i guess after kels (this is right, it wasn't kel) beat him in a tournament in chicago he left because of curfew johns. i guess he is only like 14 or something iunno i met him once and he does seem pretty young. XD
Protip: People you haven't really met, haven't played, don't know anything about, don't finish tournaments, play an obscure character that is difficult to learn with lack of support, and more than likely don't have a license generally shouldn't be actively compared with strong tournament players that routinely go toe-to-toe with multiple top ranked midwest players.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Protip: People you haven't really met, haven't played, don't know anything about, don't finish tournaments, play an obscure character that is difficult to learn with lack of support, and more than likely don't have a license generally shouldn't be actively compared with strong tournament players that routinely go toe-to-toe with multiple top ranked midwest players.
:D

10chars

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
OS, that Gimpyfish quote is too good.

Also, Amari is good.

edit: so is MGN's post.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
i go toe to toe with the best from the southwest... does that count os? i wonder how many points i would have if i came to all the mw tournaments instead of goin to texas all the time lol and os are u goin to cot4?

Dopey

Smash Lord
looks like MI = best at brawl

good **** reppin it anther, u too lain

looks like i jus gotta win SMYM so MI can own all the smash titles in the MW, since i already own the 64 title. WHO WANTS SOME KIRBY?! thats right no one =p

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
looks like MI = best at brawl

good **** reppin it anther, u too lain

looks like i jus gotta win SMYM so MI can own all the smash titles in the MW, since i already own the 64 title. WHO WANTS SOME KIRBY?! thats right no one =p
i will f u up with Kirby!!!!

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
well ky got 9th at hobo 11 (the one with m2k) and the same at oh snap.
i got 17th i thnk at both.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The Fox hit your Shuttle Loop with a Shine, and then you probably hit Up+B again or buffered it, this time getting one facing to the right because Fox hit you from the right.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Legan, do you go to school in MI or are you from there?

While still on the topic of Amari... He's the best toon link that I've seen with my own eyes... but I beat him pretty bad in a few mm's... Amari < Smart tornado spam... By tourney placings and stuff like that, I think Quivo can beat better people... thus Quivo is probably better than Amari.

Bowyer wat is the next tournament u goin to?
Most likely Chicago this weekend.

and if u so good why didnt u run the triple or nuthn back in the mm? as i remember u was already knocked out and i still had matches so wat did u hafta do that was sooo important? i guess u dedicated to being a good spectator lol
wow, learn to read:

And the only reason we didn't do the triple or nothing was because you had to play in the tourney, you were busy right after the tourney talking to people and then I kind of got a little... messed up... ... ... anyways...
And do I really need to spell it out to you what I meant by messed up?

and didnt all of ks place higher than u bowyer?
All of the MI people who are lower than me in the power rankings placed higher than me too... I had a bad day and I don't see where you're going with this.

and u should know when u push the jump button your character jumps when u push the attack button your character attacks so dont go "omg what am i doing" when u push jump and they jump and u push attack and they attack haha u scrub.
Thanks, and you should know that when someone (ie me) comes up to you and says "hey, most good people here think that I'm the best MK here but some people think you could be better than me, so we'll play a mm to figure that out" and you say "ok, lets do it" and then a mm happens, you shouldn't sandbag or claim to have sandbagged... especially after you just got 2 stocked and 1 stocked when your opponent suicides... it looks pretty ********...

I mean really, what do you think would happen if you lost the mm? Did you honestly think that people would be like, "oh, well I thought Bowyer was better before the mm, but because Bowyer beat Domo in a pretty decisive mm, Domo must obviously play a better MK"... if so then you, sir, are kind of ********.

and bowyer if i aint good at the ditto ask dojo, infinity, or affinity if i am or not when i aint playin wit u... u a "good" mk so im sure u know who they are. ask about me kid
Well from what I saw in our mm and in the videos of you vs OS, you aren't very good at the ditto and have huge holes in your game... like I said, get better, come back, and lets have another mm.

Fino

Smash Master
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4E9aYkZ9M 4:11

BWAHAHAH! :p

Shoutouts: Fino, your Olimar is too good. T_T
Now I know how to fight him better though, and I know to ban Corneria, so watch out next time.
CP luigi's mansion then! You don't get to ban both XD
I do love corneria though... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwL3MR7E2dE 1:08 to the end. Match before losers finals... and I got someone to quit XD
it was a small local tournament though so w/ev's

ANYWAYS!!!! For any of you who are interested:

Winners Round 1
Fino v Omniswell (IC's) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ypi9wWDCQ

Winners Round 2
Fino v Asdioh (Kirby) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tMYpzdiU6s
*For whatever reason I thought I could usmash through the platform... and it took me a LONG time to figure out I couldn't XD - the stage isn't legal in my area so I didn't know lulz.
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4E9aYkZ9M

Winners Round 3
Fino v Anther (pikachu) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtxLZwOxrg
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2MfwAAO2_8

Loser Round ?
Fino v Lain (IC and DDD) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QqvvWrY79s
lame lame lame XD -_-

Good games guys... I'm still too lazy for shout outs... I'll get to them eventually :o

~Fino

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Im just from Michigan Bowyer, Im going to school in St Louis.

I might see you at the tourney in Chicago.
That sucks about the MI, thing...

****, you could beat me again in Chicago :( lol... hope to see you there.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
yea.... funny thing about that mm thing bowyer. os did the same thing and im pretty sure he 2 stocked me both times butttt in tourney i probably would have won if i didnt sd.... no johns about the match os im jus sayn. So if u beat me once and thnk u better so be it. hit some national tournaments im sure ill see u there and we will play again kid. and i guess u need to go practice more than me. cut the "i had a bad day" johns bull and try and place better than 33rd next time aight kid. o and about os thats true i didnt play all that hot against him but watever hes good in my book and im jus goin off wat i see but u placed 33rd sooo u get better and try and place higher.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
yea.... funny thing about that mm thing bowyer. os did the same thing and im pretty sure he 2 stocked me both times butttt in tourney i probably would have won if i didnt sd.... no johns about the match os im jus sayn. So if u beat me once and thnk u better so be it. hit some national tournaments im sure ill see u there and we will play again kid. and i guess u need to go practice more than me. cut the "i had a bad day" johns bull and try and place better than 33rd next time aight kid. o and about os thats true i didnt play all that hot against him but watever hes good in my book and im jus goin off wat i see but u placed 33rd sooo u get better and try and place higher.
LMAO, I still don't understand what the point of sandbagging in a mm is... especially when the mm is basically to see who is better between you and me... it makes absolutely no sense to do and don't give me bull **** about not f tilting much when most of your damage came from it... so cut the sandbag johns, you pretty much got wrecked in the mm, and you shouldn't be so surprised that people think I'm better than you... im jus goin off wat i see but u suck in the mk ditto kid.

So deal, I'll learn the Link matchup and I'll stop suiciding a bunch against kirbies so I make it to higher tier characters and you'll continue sucking at the mk ditto because you won't accept that you suck at it...

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
mm is a match to me especially when its jus a dollar. now if u put like 10 on it then thats a little different. only one that thinks u better than me is u haha. and u can keep being delusional and thinkin i suck at the ditto when i was PLAYING WITH U lol. there are several other mk's and top players that will say otherwise. and im goin off wat i see and i see that u suck as a player. and think about this ninjalink beat m2k at c3 and at esticle does that mean that ninjalink is the better player? and u right i will continue placing at least better than 33rd lol at all the tournaments i go to regardless of "how bad of a day it is for me" lol my only regret is i didnt jus 2 stock u like i should have but mistake learned and i will rectify that when we meet again. u should go to cot4.

this is my last post on this subject with u bowyer think wat u will it dont matter but im done wasting my time with u. i placed well u didnt so i have nothing to be mad over. go practice some aight and i will do the same cause whether either of us like it or not os placed better than us both so as for best mk there he wins that award.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, the only reason we didn't do $10 in the first place is because you said you didn't have the money... and anyways, you knew that our mm was basically only to determine who was better... sandbagging would only hurt your rep greatly... so I seriously don't think you were sandbagging... and like I said, you were playing better against me than how you were playing in your recorded matches...

And anyways, you can ask anyone good there that I've played before the tourney or even in friendlies the day before... I had a really bad day and rarely do that ****ty.

As far as the whole ninjalink m2k thing... it doesn't mean that ninjalink is better than m2k, but it does mean that ninjalink was better than m2k at the diddy vs mk matchup at the time... just like I'm better than you at the mk ditto... so considering that we both know the matchups with high tier characters to win near everytime against most people, I'm better at the MK ditto, I'm probably better at the snake matchup because the worst I lost to Ally's Snake in tourney was him on last stock over 100%, and you're better against odd low tier characters because I haven't played some of them... I'd say I'm overall a much better player... I just have a very slight chance of losing early to bad characters... but pools generally takes care of that problem... so yeah... I'm better than you, you're bad at the ditto along with most good MK's out there, get over it...

I'm going to try to get to cot4 but I'm not sure if I'm going to have a ride because I don't know if anyone from MI is going to be willing or able to drive that far.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
IT's TO EARLY FOR THIS....GO TO WORK/SCHOOL OR SOMETHING PEOPLE....DANG!!!
P.S. I'm the best Kirby in the MIDWEST
P.P.S- GOD KAIS FTW!!!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
cause whether either of us like it or not os placed better than us both so as for best mk there he wins that award.
...umm since when does the placing of a single tourney prove who's better... you just said it yourself, just because NL beat M2K doesn't mean he's better... and in tourneys, two people pretty much don't play against the same people...

but yeah... I guess I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself with a mm the next time I see you. But until then, the title's mine :p :)

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Just let him have it Domo. He can stay focused on lil **** like titles while we work on big **** like takin tourneys and placing well.

Bowyer if we're able to meet again I'd like to have some matches with you. They say you can't know how good someone is until you play em, right?

QUIVO

Smash Master
I only said I was the best TL in the midwest cause I assumed I was the only one going to tournies and doing well lol. I think I saw two tournies where amari placed lowish. I've also played him ONLINE in tl dittos forever ago.

Anyway, who cares.
Who sandbags in MMs!?

Top Bottom