• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official PAL Tier List (Melee)

grayfox

Smash Champion
I HAAAAAAATE the SWD! It is the worst most pointless thing to Samus' character and everyone seems to tink that using it makes or breaks a Samus player lol

grayfox

Smash Champion
I can SWD occasionally, i'm not a very technical player lol. A solid mix of offencive and defencive play along with good DI and CC/WD skills are what make a good Samus lol

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
also regarding samus's combos. though basic so are some of the best comboes in the game. falcons stomp to knee. foxs waveshine to upsmash. sheik f-tilt to fair.
marths up-throw to f-smash. peaches dair to nair are all prime examples of killer moves.
Yes,all brutal combos.But Samus doesnt have any of these.The only ones I can think of are dair>nair,dair>fsmash and dair>dsmash,and they are all easily DI'd,and getting a Dair is rare times too.
Samus' grab is balls.
I agree with WMK,ICs are under-rated in Europe,but I dont think they are as good as Falcon.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
For a long explanation about how this list was formed, read the next post.

Sheik
Falco
Fox
Marth
Peach

Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mario

Luigi
Link
Yoshi
Roy
Donkey Kong
Pikachu

Young Link
Mr. Game & Watch
Zelda
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo
marth is underneath fox!?!?!

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Rofl... From what I've seen, this country, the UK, doesn't have that many marths besides FrostBite (Marth Mains), and has few Fox players, but yeah, I don't know why Marths underneath Fox... >.<

J03

Smash Master
you people are insane to think marth should be higher, fox is above him because at top level play fox counters almost everyone else (especially in NTSC), his nair and bair are insane and he can chain throw FF'rs, he can waveshine/drillshine/thunders and his upsmash is montrous. he can shinespike anyone, interupt any recovery, whilst having an amazing one himself, both in size and options. his combo ability is high, hes quick has an easy kill on everychar (whether it be up-throw/up-air or shinespike)

marth, on the other hand is all about spacing. his killer moves are the f-smash and occasionally an aerial, his recovery is long but predictable and though he can combo well, he himself falls victim to combos that dont need much skill to pull off.

that aside fox can approach with many moves and has the speed to back them up. marth tends to be the one waiting for them to approach which means occasionally itll be used against you and when your f-smash misses, it can mean bad things lol

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, fox' priority sucks, so his actual options for approach are fairly limited, and not very efficient. Using proper DI/smash DI/crouch cancelling, you can get out of any of fox' combos.
He is, however, a beast in teams.

Actually, just go ask mew2king or any other guy who had the sense to drop fox in favour of marth, sheik or falco ;)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
fox is a great character but your not taking into account his disadvantages Joe. For one thing fox is fast but his approaches can be very predictable and easily punished. His range is bad. he can be comboed easily by pretty much everyone. His recovery is a lot more easy to punish compared to marths. The dolphin slash is a very safe recovery move and marth can afford to attack with fair coming back because of it's speed.

However, I agree with Marth being below fox.

J03

Smash Master
fox has disadvantages, but most of them are to be neutralised by playing experience. his hitboxes might not be huge but he has the speed to travel the distance making his overall range quite large. DI comboes, nuff said. foxs recovery vs marths is debatable imo. fox's can be easily punished due to the whole 43 minutes charge time :p BUT you can sweetspot the edge from almost anywhere and you done have to go for the edge as you can go for the a platform or (if your high enough) straight over your opponent. marths slash may be safer* but its...well...its so **** predictable and if your smart and quick marth stands no chance. you can reverse lightsheild the edge and marths dead, you can simply edgehog and refresh your frames and and marths pretty much dead. the thing is once marths of the edge his best option is to sweetspot which can be a stock if you cotten on quick enough. that said if a marth is smart enough he would up+b slightly early anf knock you back.

on approach fox is probably the least predictable char, any predictability comes from the player. marth can approch with nairs or fairs but hes really good at sitting back and waiting for you to approach, which is not always going to work. fox can only really approach with the nair or the dair. the bair and uair are both usable but a bit more circ then the other two. but fox is good at moving around the stage or sitting back with lasers. but overall fox has more options but marth is less punishable

DevMBC

Smash Ace
th2 jus 4 stocked europe

input: Marth's best char in the game obv :o

Sirias

Smash Champion
This just digresses further and further... hahahah! Pro.

I don't really care that much about the tier list, and it's funny that what's being discussed (mainly) is the top 5 characters and barely the other ones.
They're all pro.
They're all broken.
Sheik's just broken beyond any form of recovery.
And Falco's pretty close to being like that.
Fox, Marth and Peach, just, no.

I dunno, Sheik and Falco should be even.
Or just leave it as it is.
Reasoning = Best. No?
Can't be bothered 'reasoning', everyone else has already stated everything about the characters.

Omigawd stop talking about Smash and just play it. :D
For those that want 'character' to be placed higher than 'character', go out and beat the best player that mains 'character'. Kgo.

Marth should be first.
Ken plays Marth.
He's the best. (maybe, I could be better (LOL jk))
There ya go. =]

Every top tier is lame.

Top Bottom