• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions for Tier List v4 (Includes overview of entire cast)

orange/xd

Smash Ace
I'll put my prediction of tier list,

1. Snake
2. Metaknight
3. Diddy Kong
4. Falco
5. Wario
6. Marth

7. King DDD
8. Mr. Game & Watch
9. Olimar
10. Ice Climbers
11. Pikachu
12. R.O.B.
13. Kirby

14. Lucario
15. Toon Link
16. Zero Suit Samus
17. Pit
18. Donkey Kong

19. Peach
20. Luigi
21. Fox
22. Wolf
23. Sonic
24. Sheik

25. Bowser
26. Zelda
27. Pokémon Trainer
28. Mario

29. Lucas
30. Ness
31. Yoshi
32. Samus
33. Ike

34. Jigglypuff
35. Captain Falcon
36. Ganondorf
37. Link

i can't explain 'cause i don't speak english as well (is correctly?)

the only thing that i can say is...
MK is so overrated, snake can beat it so easy, and others like Marth, Falco, Diddy (in my opinion)
Snake better than MK?

..oh...

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
Why isn't Pierce in the SBR again?
He seems like a really intelligent person and the SBR could definitely use more of those.

On Topic though, Marth deserves A Tier or bottom of S, He's really not that bad, only a few characters have the advantage on him. MK, D3, um ICs probably, with infinite's of course (lol where would they be without it). I'm pretty sure he beats Diddy, Falco slightly and goes even with Snake. Yea i think that's pretty much it.

What do you guys think?

Edit: wth was i typing? lol thanks kewkky

Edit #2: DK also counters marth forgot about that gorilla.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
He seems like a really intelligent person and the SBR could DEFIANTLY use more of those.

On Topic though, Marth deserves A Tier or bottom of S, He's really not that bad, only a few characters have the advantage on him. MK, D3, um ICs probably, with infinite's of course (lol where would they be without it). I'm pretty sure he beats Diddy, Falco slightly and goes even with Snake. Yea i think that's pretty much it.

What do you guys think?
... Defiantly?

And meh, I think the S tier characters all do better than Marth in most situations. He would be S, no doubt, if one of the characters in the current S Tier didn't exist... Still, I'm thinking that come a future tier list, one of the characters there will drop and Marth (or DDD) will replace them.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if one of the characters in the current S Tier didn't exist...
*sigh*
I wish DDD wasn't in this game. I would much rather have MK than DDD. then DK would be like 12th

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
i think catpan falcun shud b s tier his pawnch is 2 stooooooooong also he haz a nee so shocking!!!!!!!!!!11

Wolf gets gayed harder than DK does by a long shot. :<

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Snake is so overrated now it's ********, his tools aren't comparable to Meta Knight's at all, they don't belong in the same tier, much less with reversed order.
but not really. the only thing that separates snake from metaknight is like 2 "bad" MU's which can be dealt with by fortressing yourself with the best camp game in the game. along with the fact that goods snakes live to around 200% when mk is done deal at 130 via utilt.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
.____.
wow 2 months... I can't comment D: i need 4 months of registred ._.

Snake to Top Tier (8)
Snake to Top Tier (8)

Smash Journeyman
I hope they realize wario is number 3.

edit: By that I mean keep him there.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Ice Climbers can't possibly be the third best in the game.

Their ChainGrab techniques are heavily dependent on particular stages, primarily those with flat surfaces.

And if Nana gets separated, Popo can only rely on a few tricks until the current stock is depleted.

And Diddy higher than Snake? Yes, I agree Diddy has an amazing killing, pressuring, and projectile game, but does that warrant Diddy being better than Snake?

Mario could be that high, but I'm not entirely sure.

Everything else is pretty much accurate, although Link is much better than Ganondorf and Falcon.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Ice Climbers can't possibly be the third best in the game.

Their ChainGrab techniques are heavily dependent on particular stages, primarily those with flat surfaces.

And if Nana gets separated, Popo can only rely on a few tricks until the current stock is depleted.

And Diddy higher than Snake? Yes, I agree Diddy has an amazing killing, pressuring, and projectile game, but does that warrant Diddy being better than Snake?

Mario could be that high, but I'm not entirely sure.

Everything else is pretty much accurate, although Link is much better than Ganondorf and Falcon.
Really, Diddy is one of the weakest in the game, though still his kill moves aren't too hard to land. His forward smash can be SDIed out of the 2nd hit. For example, unless Diddy gets a lucky dair spike, he can't kill Snake til 150+%.

He hasn't amazing killing power at all, but he can rack up damage pretty fast.

Smash Journeyman
True, you can DI out of his Fsmash, but with his bananas he can combo into a forward smash so it's not exactly hard to land a Fsmash in the first place.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Really, Diddy is one of the weakest in the game, though still his kill moves aren't too hard to land. His forward smash can be SDIed out of the 2nd hit. For example, unless Diddy gets a lucky dair spike, he can't kill Snake til 150+%.

He hasn't amazing killing power at all, but he can rack up damage pretty fast.
It's not like you need a lucky dair spike, Diddy doesn't really have THAT hard a time to get snake off-stage.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It's not like you need a lucky dair spike, Diddy doesn't really have THAT hard a time to get snake off-stage.
I didn't mean anything like it's difficult to get Snake offstage, I only said an example of how Diddy is one of the weakest in the game (in killing power, not how easy it's to land a kill move).
And you can only spike Snake (though very easily) if he is recovering low.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I would say Diddy and Falco could tie for 3rd or 4th place. Ice Climbers do not belong in the S tier, though they could easilybe in the top 10 spots.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Eh, even Ganon could deal with Diddy's bananas. They aren't that hard to get passed by.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
He seems like a really intelligent person and the SBR could definitely use more of those.

What do you guys think?

Edit: wth was i typing? lol thanks kewkky

Edit #2: DK also counters marth forgot about that gorilla.
I don't know why he isn't in SBR. He is probably one of the smartest smashers I've ever seen. He knows the meta-game of like every character and understands character's potentials.

Marth should not be S tier. I like Pierce's idea of S tier personally. MK, Snake, Diddy, and ICs. We all know about MK and Snake, ICs has an infinite on every character, and Diddy's bananas combined with his overall ability is very good. Although characters can deal with them, a good Diddy will be able to use them stupidly well. On the other hand, his matchups are very good. The thing holding back Marth is what holds a lot of other characters back. He loses to the characters that tons of people use (MK, Snake, and D3). He also loses to DK and ICs but they are much less used characters. The reason Pierce but Marth in B tier is because he believes that Falco and Wario are definitely not as good as the S tier, but definitely better than Marth/D3/G&W.

To anybody wondering why D3 and G&W are going down is because their meta-game hasn't really changed while other characters are. People know how to beat them now compared to earlier where D3's CG was seen as so good (even though it is still good) and G&W was just so good with how easily he can spam attacks, kill, and bucket break. That's also why Wario is gonna go down. His playstyle is being understood now and we can beat him.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I don't know why he isn't in SBR. He is probably one of the smartest smashers I've ever seen. He knows the meta-game of like every character and understands character's potentials.
Homing attack has good mind-game utility, and gets Sonic out of juggles.
He doesn't know every character's metagame, but he has a greater grasp than most people... Except for Sonic. =\

zeldspazz

Smash Master
He doesn't know every character's metagame, but he has a greater grasp than most people... Except for Sonic. =\
*cough*and Zelda*cough*

I like how he actually gives some intelligent arguements to his decisions though. Makes him more respectable

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
*cough*and Zelda*cough*

I like how he actually gives some intelligent arguements to his decisions though. Makes him more respectable
Nah, Zelda just sucks.

And on a side note, so does Sonic. I wonder why everyone keeps placing him so high. He's only good if you don't know how to face him. <<

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Well, why do you think he's bad?

To me its predictability and lack of KO moves. I think he has bad priority too, but Im not completely sure on that.
Poor damage output, very poor kill moves (compared to the rest of the cast), mediocre (although very varied) approach, poor aerial superiority other than bair, and there's a HORRID little thing about his spin dash that makes the grounded portion of both down and sideB the exact same move according to stale moves.

He just has way too many poor, mediocre, and downright weird qualities that just plain don't make up for his stellar recovery, juggle game, and bait and punish options.

Browny

Smash Hater
So I still dont know what this thread is about. Can someone explain how this is different to the other threads that get closed for doing nothing other than posting one persons opinion on the tier list? informed or not is subjective

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
So I still dont know what this thread is about. Can someone explain how this is different to the other threads that get closed for doing nothing other than posting one persons opinion on the tier list? informed or not is subjective
Pierce is sexy.

Good enough reason for me.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Its because of the color of the OP gives him auditory or something like that
it just just like other threads tbh

Top Bottom