• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M is recruiting...

samsonites101

Smash Cadet
Don't forget, with hacks, almost anything can be done. They could make it exactly like melee with everything from the models, animations, textures to the stages. It could look exactly like melee with enough work. So if anything is missing that you'd want in this game, it can be done and if you're a good melee player, the devs will most likely take your suggestion.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I hope Olimar *****. I don't see why he wouldn't.

I also vote for removing Falcons annoying *** dash sounds.

edit: holy ****, metal mario stage ****.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
This is ****ing awesome, seriously, I love you all.

I WANT THIS TO BE PORTED TO PAL WII ASAP WHEN FINISHED, DON'T FORGET EUROPE

Don't forget to add/make awesome melee stages if possible plz

Also, to make this as popular as possible (in the future) you guys should make installing this mod as simple and idiot proof as possible not to frustrate impatient ppl. Some auto-installer or something kiddy like.

Keep it on.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
But this thread is kind of a couple months early <_<
:p
=| Its a hype thread and I'm a scape goat. I just did as I was told v_v;

The feeling is overall positive though.

And Axe~ We'll need your input for Pikachu stuff down the line somewhere, don't be mean. D:
-DD

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
zero looks pretty awesome. Is there going to be way to lvl up w/o smash ball?
Zero is Eldrain's project and isn't really related to Project M. I just posted it because it shows how creative you can get with PSA.

Though, we do have a DLC crew (downloadable content crew) that'll be doing things like balancing custom characters for the various mods out there, and overall making them more accessible.

Eldrain said that he's going to do a complete rework of Zero though (once they figure out to make models from other games work. Zero is...a little short on bones atm). He wants to go with the TvC model <_<

yuki

Smash Apprentice
Zero is Eldrain's project and isn't really related to Project M. I just posted it because it shows how creative you can get with PSA.

Though, we do have a DLC crew (downloadable content crew) that'll be doing things like balancing custom characters for the various mods out there, and overall making them more accessible.

Eldrain said that he's going to do a complete rework of Zero though (once they figure out to make models from other games work. Zero is...a little short on bones atm). He wants to go with the TvC model <_<
alright, thanks! You guys are awesome.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
xD I have a feeling showing people Zero is a bit of a misinformation.

>_> But with a working clone engine...who knows what the character selection will look like...
-DD

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
okay, i would want to play this or get it or something.

Just make mewtwo a good character (Not broken but better than Lucario LMAO.) and I'll be satisfied. =)

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Makin' hype son. This will be melee, not Brawl.

-DD
Is it gonna be like, "Falcon ain't bad, I promise!" by vish?

Where they show 1 minute of Brawl CF then the voice says, "F**k it, I lied. It's MELEE. What're you gonna do about it?" then the real Melee combo video shows up?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hi everyone, double post for something exciting:

We are looking to recruit a few more players to help with Project M Development.

What we are looking for:
~3 or so experienced coders in both PSA and Brawlbox. It is not required that you have melee as well for testing, but it can definitely help to have that around.
~3-4 skilled players with melee experience

Your roles on the project would be as follows. Skilled coders can choose explicit characters to work on. However, as skilled players populate a thread of things to be changed, these will act like "tickets." This ticket will be submitted, after approval from a project manager, the coder should then attempt to complete the ticket as soon as possible.

Also, security is a major issue with this project. As this has a lot of hype, we want to make sure to keep distribution extremely limited. If we find out you have leaked codesets out there, you will be promptly removed from the user group because we sincerely want to make this project as refined as possible before releasing to the public.

If you are interested, please PM me with your:

Time availability to dedicated to this project
Experience in coding (ASM), PSA, brawlbox
Competitive experience: Brawl, Melee, B+

And anything else you feel is pertinent. Also, please be concise in these PMs. A well-written concise post will be more likely considered over a 10 page essay.

>_> This is the melee board, so I figured some good melee players might be here?
-DD

Signia

Smash Lord
I think people who are looking forward to this should be wondering how well MK, Wario, Diddy, Snake, Olimar, Zamus and Wolf would combo, edgeguard, and control space with Melee physics. I don't play Brawl so I have know idea what these characters are capable of, are they worth getting excited about, would they just ruin the game if they were in melee, etc.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think people who are looking forward to this should be wondering how well MK, Wario, Diddy, Snake, Olimar, Zamus and Wolf would combo, edgeguard, and control space with Melee physics. I don't play Brawl so I have know idea what these characters are capable of, are they worth getting excited about, would they just ruin the game if they were in melee, etc.

:3 We're not just setting the physics and giving the game to people after that, we're making sure nothing is broken on the surface, then giving it to testers to work with.

Everyone will be usable by the time we're done with it.
-DD

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Best 64 aspect to be added, Falcon's recovery-usable falcon punch :D

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
One cool throwback to Melee that would somewhat deal with silly ICs infinites would be to have Nana throw in a random direction upon grabbing a character, unless she's near an edge, in which case she would throw towards it; if she's near two edges, she bthrows.

edit: You could also do stuff like have Nana always uthrow if you totally want to eliminate ridiculous handoff-esque infinites, although I think absurd infinites are part of the fun of using ICs.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
its recovery usable in melee. Watch Pink S. vs SilentSpectre.
Lol, I know of that one. It's more of a sneak attack than a recovery in that match imo. Though recovery-wise, it's more situational in Melee than in 64.

Top Bottom