• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLAST - Smells Like a Smash Tournament: 7/10/2010, Wichita, KS

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
doesn't japan have a bullet train that goes around 200 mph or so?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i was planning to ask hydra, but i dont know if shes going yet. most likely not though.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Why is America so freaking huge?

Wichita is THIRTEEN HOURS FROM CINCINNATI! When I lived in Japan I could travel from the northern part of the country to the south by train in less than that time. And I'd actually get to see something besides corn and cows...
Need some fries with that salt? (:

Just wondering.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I guess I might as well fill this out if it amuses you.

Gamer Name: The Real Inferno
State: KS
Wii? Yes
SSBB? Ye
TV? Yes (2)
GCN? Yes
SSBM? Yes

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Open doubles money matches for any team interested.

-I'll consider singles. But not too seriously.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. We will need power strips for this venue as there are not enough outlets in the room. Please bring your power strips. Thanks in advance.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Gamer Name: vVv Fino
State: Kansas
Wii? Yes
SSBB? Yes
TV? Maybe (depends on how many people go in my car, can bring up to 2)
GCN? Yes
SSBM? No - should I bother bringing the cube with no disc? I dunno if my memory card has everything on it or not
Power Strip? 1

Also, there are certain matches that I would prefer were played on my Wii. Mostly Finals games as well as games with good players. I would like to put the circuit finals/sets on my channel as well as have the sets for a possible video in the future.

If anyone has a problem with this, please let me know!

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Also, there are certain matches that I would prefer were played on my Wii. Mostly Finals games as well as games with good players. I would like to put the circuit finals/sets on my channel as well as have the sets for a possible video in the future.

If anyone has a problem with this, please let me know!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mr. Doom usually enjoys having Finals matches on his Wii because, well, he actually uploads them in a timely manner.

MJG

Smash Hero
Fino does as well (in regards of, putting the videos up in a "timely manner").

He request the videos on his wii because he wants to make them available for people to see during the circuit.

I am pretty sure that he will also have the videos on the circuit thread for those wishing to see the results/look at the videos from the past.

:shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy: :shyguy:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Winners' Finals, Losers' Finals, and Grand Finals will be recorded on my SD card. If you want the videos on the circuit thread, you can always check my youtube account: MrDoom8000.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. Winners' Finals, Losers' Finals, and Grand Finals will be recorded on my SD card. If you want the videos on the circuit thread, you can always check my youtube account: MrDoom8000.
Okay, if you have them on your SD card I would like to copy them to my wii. Thanks for the input Mr. Doom, so hyped.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. We will need power strips for this venue as there are not enough outlets in the room. Please bring your power strips. Thanks in advance.
I can bring two or three of course and some extension cords. I've also got some pools sheets to print off that are really nice and neatly arranged so you won't have to make the sheets yourself at the last minute, just fill in the boxes as necessary.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I don't intend to do pools matches since we are pressed for time.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Understandable, we should be able to seed it fairly... unless you wanna go MLG status and go random seeding. haha

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. I may end up doing a random seeding and then adjust accordingly. I may also ask for a representative from each state to help me seed the bracket. It all depends.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I recommend setting tio to separate by location if you plan to randomly seed, it won't come out perfect but it will save effort in having to adjust everything.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
so long as I dont face any other NE brawler in the first round I'm down to play anyone. But I think Trent is the only other person coming for Brawl, so that should be easy.

resTy

Smash Champion
Gamer Name: Tyser
State: Nebraska
Wii? LOL; No
SSBB? Bad game; No
TV? Sorry; No
GCN? :'); No
SSBM? Good game; No

It's not often that Tyser forfeits before a match but he has with you (MJG) several times.
MJG doesn't know who I am and has never played against me before.
But he does know of me :') I'm his #1 fan.

Two of the best players in Nebraska main Falco.
This made me lol. Nick and Andy aren't that good. Sad truth.
I'm terrible at Brawl yet I'm the best in our state by country miles.
It's somewhat pathetic.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I never said they were world shattering **** talking Falco's. Pathetic or not they are still 2 of the best players from our state.

resTy

Smash Champion
You're wrong, but I'll just agree so you feel better :')
Nebraska sucks anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. At this point, I doubt that we'll be able to do money matches.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
considering the time frame that slast is running under, there is no room for error at all. as long as people get up from their friendlies immediately it probably wouldnt be a problem but that is up to mr doom/fino

CTX

Smash Journeyman
You nebraskans need to keep it down. Some of us are trying not to sleep

Jace08

Smash Lord
Some of kc/lawrence are interested in the melee tourney. Are there going to be any melee entrants besides us if we go?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
considering the time frame that slast is running under, there is no room for error at all. as long as people get up from their friendlies immediately it probably wouldnt be a problem but that is up to mr doom/fino
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. If I catch you playing friendlies during the tournament, I will disqualify you. I don't care if you're scrub-status or pro-status (or anything in between); I have no time to waste.

I am working to get the time we have extended by four (4) hours so that we may have extra time. Past experiences inform me that midwest tournies are dilatory, so I doubt that we may finish on schedule with the current timeframe.

Top Bottom