• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLAST - Smells Like a Smash Tournament: 7/10/2010, Wichita, KS

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right.

Next Update

Edge Grab Limit Rule
The Edge Grab Limit Rule for Norfair has been reduced to 35. All other stages remain at 35 as well.

Pot Cut
5% of all the pots will be for maintenance.
15% of the brawl pots will be for the circuit championship pots.

MLG Ruleset
Since there are no literal objections written here, I'll leave the stage list as is.

Tournament Schedule
Schedule of Events (all in Central Daylight Time)
10:00 AM = Doors open. Start setting things up at this time and play your friendlies.
10:30 AM = Registration begins. Stop playing your friendlies and register. Then you can resume friendlies.
11:00 AM = Bracket-Seeding begins. I will call in representatives from each state to look at the bracket. Last chance to play friendlies.
11:30 AM = Brawl and Melee Doubles begin.
3:00 PM = Brawl and Melee Singles begin.
5:30 PM = Wrap up of tournament. I want to see that this venue looks the same way it did before we got there. Got it?
6:00 PM = Exit the venue.
Please be punctual at this tournament and play your matches when it is your turn to play them. I will NOT hesitate to disqualify you if you're six (6) minutes late. Please be here on time. Please be here on time. Please be here on time.

Attendees
I will need a definite number of attendees a week before the tournament. In case we hit capacity limit, I can ask the people at the venue to get me the basketball courtroom, where it could easily hold up to 100 people.

I believe that covers it for this update. The Original Post has also been updated.

mangan

Smash Cadet
Nobody knows me except for Affinity (who's met me ONCE) but I'll be there for some Brawl :D

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Nobody knows me except for Affinity (who's met me ONCE) but I'll be there for some Brawl :D
I know you! Unfortunately, know one knows me either...

Definitely down for Brawl, and would be waaay excited about a Wichita monthly.

Guess I'll see you all there :).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Let me get this straight. You guys completely destroy DeDeDe's chaingrab and don't do anything about Falco/Pikachu?

I play wolf and I cry whenever I get chaingrabbed. Do you know how bad it feels when a novice pikachu comes and down throws you for 2 minutes straight 3 times a match?

But if you guys let me play Luigi against nerfed DeDeDe I'm 100% good job.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Let me get this straight. You guys completely destroy DeDeDe's chaingrab and don't do anything about Falco/Pikachu?
Neither of those two are infinite chains or close to being them. DDD's chain-grab is not banned; however, his standing infinite is.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I know, I do counter pick to Marth when facing Pikachu, he is my 2nd best character, Link/Luigi somewhere around 3-10.

Honestly I think I'll come to this even though I'm not great, just good. I need practice before the Raleigh MLG tourney so if someone can 3 stock me in a friendly I'd appreciate it.

Not you Fino and your gay *** IC's. I've played you.

I'm just slightly trolling at this point, but Tyser's DeDeDe pisses me off and I think with your Nerf of DeDeDe I'd have a SMALLER chance of beating him before he plays MetaKnight and 2 stocks me. :-)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MJG I have heard/seen videos of your domination. it's not often that Tyser forfeits before a match but hehas with you several times. That being said, if you can 3 stock me I'll eat my Nintendo hat.

LOL 69th post.

Also Fino didn't 3 stock me when he played my wolf against his IC's if that's any sort of barometer for you MJG (online play, he did play my donkey kong and PT in a 1 dollar random match best 3-5...and he got IC's TWICE out of 4 rounds...)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right.

Next Update

Collecting the Entry Fee
Someone brought to my attention that we may not be able to finish this tournament in a timely manner, so he suggested that we collect the entry fee 30 minutes to an hour before the doors open so that we would be ready to run the tourney smoothly. We can still do sign-ups inside the building as well, for the heat might get to us if we're just standing outside. Let me know what you think.

Confirmed Attendants
Ok, in order for this tournament to run a lot faster, I need for you guys to pre-register like so. That way, I can have your name down ahead of time. So, make a post on this thread confirming that you're going.

Gamer Name: (Name)
State: (State)
Wii? (Yes/No)
SSBB? (Yes/No)
TV? (Yes/No)
GCN? (Yes/No)
SSBM? (Yes/No)

Tournament Schedule
Schedule of Events (all in Central Daylight Time)
09:30 AM = Collection of early Entry Fees.
10:00 AM = Doors open. Start setting things up at this time and play your friendlies.
10:30 AM = Registration begins. Stop playing your friendlies and register. Then you can resume friendlies.
11:00 AM = Bracket-Seeding begins. I will call in representatives from each state to look at the bracket. Last chance to play friendlies.
11:30 AM = Brawl and Melee Doubles begin.
03:00 PM = Brawl and Melee Singles begin.
05:30 PM = Wrap up of tournament. I want to see that this venue looks the same way it did before we got there. Got it?
06:00 PM = Exit the venue.
Please be punctual at this tournament and play your matches when it is your turn to play them. I will NOT hesitate to disqualify you if you're six (6) minutes late.
Please be here on time. Please be here on time. Please be here on time.

I believe that covers it for this update. The Original Post has also been updated.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i would love to three stock you. especially cause you're wolf =)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
LOL drunken smashboarding...

If you even look like you are going to play Falco I will switch to Marth so fast it'll be like I've never even unlocked wolf before.

Also, Mr. Doom, I'll see if I can get any other NE people interested, but I think I'll probably come regardless as I have family/friends in Kansas I'd love to visit. I have all that junk I could bring. If I'm staying for a few days or come with 3 more people I'd prefer not to bring a TV though.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
actually according to this guy, jjwolf, falco wolf isn't sooo bad. but i want to mm him to find out. cause i think all the falcos he played are playing it wrong.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Two of the best players in Nebraska main Falco...trust me, I hate the match-up. I get grabbed easily cause I play aggro usually.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i apologise, it is HIGHLY unlikely im making this event. money is a major factor, need 4k for fall semester on top of money for apex (which is more important to me atm), the only events for this circuit i have a high chance of going to are ones in KC

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Trent...you do know Nick's (boredpeanut) Falco is about 100% better than his Zamus, right?

Also Andy from Lincoln plays a mean Falco, though you faced his Diddy at Contagion #1 and taught him how to use his own bananas.

Tyser plays Brawl as a Joke and he's still the best in Nebraska cause he's Tyser...and he plays MK/DDD.

I assume you all know Trent, who mainly plays Mario or GnW :p

Jarrel's a good Yoshi, Smeesh is a good Peach, Silver is a good Pit, Reeds a good Marth, I'm a good Wolf. Nate has a nasty wolf and supposedly he's gonna show me his moves with TL when I visit lincoln in like a week. Other people would be better if they actually played and didn't get discouraged by losing.

That's Nebraska in a nutshell.

Gamer Name: (MegaRobMan)
State: (NE)
Wii? (Yes)
SSBB? (Yes)
TV? (Same as Trent)
GCN? (Yes)
SSBM? (Yes)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
ive never heard of either of those falcos...ever.
Andy I'm not surprised in the least bit since he doesn't have a smashboard account to my knowledge and has only been to one tournament for brawl.

BoredPeanut is probably the 3rd best player in Nebraska behind tyser and trent. If he cares his Falco is pretty fearsome, but he pretends to be a Zamus main cause Falco is "too easy".
I'm very bad with Falco :-(

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Gamer Name: (Zebra)
State: (KS)
Wii? (No)
SSBB? (No)
TV? (No)
GCN? (No)
SSBM? (No)

Btw does the SSBB thing mean we are bringing the game or if thats the game we want to play at the tourney?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I want to MM them as well as Stealth Raptor and Domo in Melee

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Btw does the SSBB thing mean we are bringing the game or if thats the game we want to play at the tourney?
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right. The yes/no thing is for you to indicate to me that you are bringing a copy of SSBB/SSBM, or a Wii/Gamecube, or a TV.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Gamer Name: 4rce
State: KS
Wii? Yes
SSBB? Yes
TV? Yes
GCN? If you deathly need it.
SSBM? If you deathly need it.

mangan