• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin on Ya Results

Snakeee

Smash Master
half of this area doesn't give a **** about your kid game shadow. go play bakugan or some other kid ****. get the **** out of the topic. you didn't come to this tournament and the results aren't relative to you.

and pikapika doesn't run **** he just comes to events and wins who gives a ****

goggles runs **** but they run well he just talks mad stupid **** all the time

**** you ******s
If you hate the game so much you need to post like this, then you should GTFO too. This was a Melee and BRAWL tournament. If you can't stand Brawl, and feel the need to post stupid crap, then that's too bad bc the game was included here so you should just keep your comments to yourself. Geez, the only thing I can't stand more than the elitists, are the "melee only elitists" that have to say how much they hate Brawl in every post. It's one thing to not like it, but to go ON AND ON about it, and bash people that play it gets annoying to look at.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
it's a **** shame that this region is viewed as terrible because pika pika and Da kid are the ones running things. i'm sure many of you are cool, and now have to put up with this terrible reputation they've created for your entire area.
I love how your all sympathetic for the region now, yet you were the first one to barge in gloating how the region got wrecked by snakee.

but in the end we just have to realize that ultimately brawl is stupid. ( **** you mana for beating me to the point but Ill just serve to back you up)

so lets talk about something cool, like Artery Clogger being the man, seriously good **** bro.

also Goodies/General/Pyro/Minh/Geneseo Guys, Come to Syracuse Smash 2 trust me it'll be fun.

altairian

Smash Lord
I love how your all sympathetic for the region now, yet you were the first one to barge in gloating how the region got wrecked by snakee.
Shadow is Snakeee's brother. You do the math.

I think I'm gonna start going on about how melee is stupid and see how fast the melee players get annoyed with me. :p

We play video games. Lets stop being dumb and just have fun, kthxbai!

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
alright, it's good to hear pika pika wasn't the one bragging. i hear other people randomly saying that i suck for losing to this guy and find that it wasn't even the guy i lost to that was bragging, but his friend, who i've never even played. lmao

betabahamut- sorry for that. i made that first comment jut to get back at goggles for all the **** he's said about me, lol. i wasn't trying to insult your region as a whole.
my brother told me good things about your players, anyway. the only person i have problems with is this guy goggles. that's ok though. hopefully some day we'll play in tournament and i can settle it there.
i'll leave this thread now.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
This forum is full of win. LOL at Shadow being so defensive! I do find it funny that a top MK player lost to a slightly above average Pikachu player though. :laugh:

Snakee got knocked in loser's by a Sonic player then had an extremely close game with his Sonic in Loser's when they met again. Also, the Grand Finals between Snakee and PikaPika was intense. Snakee had to try hard to win vs our leading players. I don't see anything **** about it.

Forums epeening is hilarious though. Keep it up!

I'll have shoutouts soon. I'm playing a Warhammer match right now.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I agree with everyone at least a little. Brawl and melee are both really good games in which they can both be fun and boring at times. So i feel that neither game should be talked down to especially the players themselves. No one should really bad mouth anyone in anything other than a joking manner. Though this is a competitive game the main reason a lot of us continue to play is because we enjoy the game itself. Its a shame to see the community is against one another because of a game, rather than congratulating one another or even trying to help others improve.

This is a result thread made for the people who attended the tournament not a place to argue about something meaningless. Its really difficult to give shout outs and talk with others about the tournament when every other post is off topic referring to something that may have happened in the past clouded with profanity and annoyance . Posts should be talking about the tournament congratulating each other or even talking about the matches them self. I feel that arguements can be taken elsewhere..

As far as the tournament goes. It was extremely fun and any one who attending this tournament should most definetly be attending Syracuse 2! And as always i will be hosting a fest the day before. And housing people who may need housing.

And i really wanted to attend melee this event however the ride situation for everyone including the fest/ housing arrangements i made for albany people including san wouldnt allow it this time. However i will be entering melee for syracuse 2. So be on the look out!

:D

Edit: Goodies do you still have brax? Maybe you can upload them!

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
betabahamut- sorry for that. i made that first comment jut to get back at goggles for all the **** he's said about me, lol. i wasn't trying to insult your region as a whole.
my brother told me good things about your players, anyway. the only person i have problems with is this guy goggles. that's ok though. hopefully some day we'll play in tournament and i can settle it there.
i'll leave this thread now.
Aww, see I feel bad now. I shouldnt have called you out for your first post after all you were,
A. Angry about your Rep being tainted
B. Backing your brother after he did a good job.

ultimately I shouldnt of got involved, sorry Shadow/ Snakee.
I hope you guys can settle and get over this.

Edit: (after reading Cura's Post) Im sorry If I sounded bad to the players, Didnt intend it that way. Also we need to Definitely have some Syracuse Melee before Syracuse Smash 2, get ourselves up to Roch/buff standards.

Sharky

Smash Master
Snakee got knocked in loser's by a Sonic player then had an extremely close game with his Sonic in Loser's when they met again.
until goggles switched to get ***** mode at the end lmao.

glad to see everything's sorted out. other than adhd randomly popping in lmao.

syracuse 2's gonna be epic. cura's doing weekly smashfests at his house starting this weekend maybe for anyone in the area who's interested. Cura get on that!

Foy

Smash Champion
M2k, Scar, Inui, Sypherpheonix, Choknater, JPeGimage, Lumpycpu, Mango, Irish Mafia, Mattdotzeb, Zoso, Banks, Thorn, Ally, ....

Name drop, see if kids come in.

Lets fight more. Brawl sux and melee sux alittle less.

ITS A CHILDRENS SOMO GAME. STOP TAKING IT SO CEREAL GAIS ARE YOU GIYUZ LIKE TRHEEE or someth@NM

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I want to apologize for being a ****, especially to Shadow. I am not involved in your conflict at all I'm just going through some extremely difficult financial, personal, and family issues right now and I vented somewhere I shouldn't have.

Although I am still a **** when my life is OK but it's more jokingly. And especially bc it's the internet. I barely bash brawl in person and even play it sometimes lol

Sorry guys ggs melee forever etc

Snakeee

Smash Master
Lets talk about how awesome Snakeee's avatar is. Louise is win.
Sankkeess avatar makes me want to come buckests.
^_^ <3 Louise

I want to apologize for being a ****, especially to Shadow. I am not involved in your conflict at all I'm just going through some extremely difficult financial, personal, and family issues right now and I vented somewhere I shouldn't have.

Although I am still a **** when my life is OK but it's more jokingly. And especially bc it's the internet. I barely bash brawl in person and even play it sometimes lol

It's cool, no worries. Everyone vents in the wrong places sometimes. Sorry, and I hope everything works out with those issues.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director

Respect +5

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you don't "learn" brawl there's hardly any technical demand. it's about being smarter than your opponent. melee withouts combos and techs. but apparently with 0td broken chaingrabs and the like lol and infinite. silly game xD

or at least that's my understanding!

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the gg's guys, shoutouts to come this weekend, I'll upload the vids when my dazzle comes in fedex. I'd make shout outs sooner but I work to much. x_X

Also I'm Will, not that Joe dude. Thanks for telling goggles that Cura.

Max Ketchum

You changed it! What happened to Taeyang?
Got bored of impersonating Darc, and the photobucket link in his sig stopped working due to bandwidth stuff.

you don't "learn" brawl there's hardly any technical demand. it's about being smarter than your opponent. melee withouts combos and techs. but apparently with 0td broken chaingrabs and the like lol and infinite. silly game xD

or at least that's my understanding!
Aside from Pikachu on a few characters and IC crap, there aren't really any infinites. A reasonable amount of stuff is banned.

Brawl is a mental game with very little handiwork required whereas Melee is a handiwork game with a very solid amount of mental superiority required, but not as much so as in Brawl imo. In Melee, one small read can lead to 50%+, whereas the lack of true combos in Brawl requires you to continually read your opponent in order to tack on large amounts of damage and take stocks. You obviously still need to work hard to get that read in Melee, but you need them much less frequently than in Brawl.

I don't think either game is better, but that's my opinion.

altairian

Smash Lord
Aside from Pikachu on a few characters and IC crap, there aren't really any infinites.
Pikachu has no infinites. His best CG goes to 114% (I think, it's really close to that number if not) and cannot lead to a kill with proper DI. He only has a significant buffered dthrow CG on like 8 characters. It's not as gamebreaking as people make it out to be. The only character it really breaks the matchup is Fox.

The only infinite I can think of that's not IC's is Dedede's standing infinite on a bunch of random low tiers. And some tournaments ban that :p

Max Ketchum

1. I'm very well aware that they aren't infinite, I was actually talking about 0-deaths.

2. I am not making it out to be gamebreaking whatsoever, because it clearly isn't.

Sharky

Smash Master
yoshi/bowser/other people on wario what what? dedede what what?

lol but I do see your point, there really isn't anything other than ic stuff that is game breaking, and even the ic stuff isn't really. Besides, melee had wobbling lol.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Late shoutouts ftw!!
1 Snakeee (ZSS) Awesome job. Albany ftw
2 Pika Pika (Pika/MK) I need to MM you sometime Im not in scrub mode lol
3 JesiahTEG (Snake) We'll play some matches eventually lol.
4 K.I.D. Goggles (Sonic/Lucario) GGs, I need serious work on the Lucario MU. Ill get your sonic next time.
5 San (Ike) Step it up. Or learn a better character and flatout **** everybody.
5 CJT (ROB) Nice job at this, you really stepped it up. Now just step it up more.
7 Cura (IC/Snake) Can you believe we didnt play each other at this? Whats up with that? Anyway, thanks a lot for havin us again, im definitely lookin forward to the next fest.
7 Goodies (MK/Diddy) GGs. No MK though? Hopefully ill see you at the next one?
9 Joaquin Dunno who you are
9 13370 AHH we didnt do our matches!! Your too good to use such a trash character lol jk I<3 ness. But we gotta play sometime. Oh, and Im learning brinstar.
9 Moss GGs, you need to work on the MU though. It was really close though, and Im definitely nervous about playing you at the next tourney. But this was really your first? Great job.
9 Bry Step up yo Pikachu, man!! You need to stop with the SDs... Great to see ya, Ill play ya again at Syracuse 2.
13 EeVee We only played like two friendlies :( From what I hear, you rocked peach pretty hard at this one, good job. It was great to see you, well def get more matches in at the next one.
13 Greg Dunno who you are.
13 XXX Great matches man. Although, Im unsure how they wouldve gone with a real 8 minute match... Im definitely nervous about playin you again.
13 Stomp Rockin dat kirby.
17 Chris Stephenson Dunno who you are.
17 Donald McMan Dunno who you are.
17 Altairian Great job at this, youre steppin it up. Hopefully we'll figure some way to keep ourselves in shape for SS2. We should definitely be able to get some practicing in the week before the tourney though. Youre definitely taking out at least three people at the next one.
17 Keyo Good matches, I should have camped you harder on Jungle Japes. Don't CP JJ on ROB unless you play Falco/Olimar. Or Lucario too I guess.
17 Keith English Ganon is trash lol. Learn someone better.
17 Roger Dunno who you are.
17 Sharky Step up yo Yoshi, fool! We kicked some *** in dubz. Money next time!!! lol pool MMs
17 Will Good job, your falcos getting better.
25 Al Step it up, fool. Dont let me see you gettin last place at SS2...

As for replays, anyone willing to upload some for me? Im gonna put all the files online so people with equipment can put em up. Ive got LF and GF too, so yeah, lemme know if you wanna upload.

Top Bottom