• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No I'm not scum. Course it's restricted. No, it wouldn't end in NL. Nothing would happen. You'd have to move your votes off to either Nabe or Degray.

: D

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
It's a specific character then, I guess. Huh.
Spoilers everywhere,

but Edea is a "sorcerecess" and not a specific bad guy. The "Sorceress" is a malignant entity that will manifest itself in a woman on Earth. Edea is in fact a good guy who builds up an elite mercenary force that will be tasked with her assassination because she knows she will become the Sorceress.

However, Ultimacea (the Sorceress), is the final boss and is fought by "compressing all of time into one instant" in order to be able to stop it once in for all seeing as she was manipulating events from the far off future to establish her reign.

That's the gist of it, but it's been awhile since I beat that game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I looked at the motivation.

I didn't like you trying to avoid PLSD's lynch saying "It's not the correct lynch" when he flipped scum.

Also I never played FF8, could you clarify a bit what that means with PLSD and July?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
July came in to hammer PLSD. She knew he would time travel too.
That's a bucket of WIFOM and I don't know where you're going with it.

I didn't like you trying to avoid PLSD's lynch saying "It's not the correct lynch" when he flipped scum.
Oh yeah? I don't like almost everything you've posted in this game. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE SCUM! You are doing the same damn ****. You're acting on impulse without looking where you leap!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Actually I think Ran's motivation analysis was correct (before I saw that PLSD did time travel) but I totally disagree with his use of his power at all and now all that motivation analysis is shot to heck anyway.:(

T-block

B2B TST
I can't vote toDay, DG. I would be fine with you going though. I don't think Ran is telling the truth though, so let's just lynch KK.

Ran, why did you feel the need to use your power last Night? Why not save it for future Nights?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I'm saying that we should assume that the scum knew PLSD wouldd time travel which would affect their willingness to vote PLSD and thus skew our reads.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Actually I think Ran's motivation analysis was correct (before I saw that PLSD did time travel) but I totally disagree with his use of his power at all and now all that motivation analysis is shot to heck anyway.:(
Please don't stick your *** into situations where it doesn't belong. You accomplished nothing with this post other than a plus one support that you could have posted after I was finished challenging his thought process.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm telling the truth.

Again, I felt it was obvious.

Now, I want everyone to state if they'd either go with Nabe or Degray.

Nah. I don't care. Degray's actions yesTerday were scummy. I didn't have to second guess.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe: Yeah your vote was crap. And I also didn't like you because you were very willing to lynch alot of people. Fence sitty, and keeping your options open.

I lean towards you dieng toDay.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I'm telling the truth.

Again, I felt it was obvious.

Nah. I don't care. Degray's actions yesTerday were scummy. I didn't have to second guess.
Neither of your posts have explained why. Both of them show a COMPLETE LACK OF WELL REASONED THOUGHT! Either you're lying and you didn't do it, or you're a ****ing ****** and you used it without thinking.

Back.
Your.
Up.

Don't say something "was scummy." EXPLAIN it. Show me what scumDegray and scumNabe were trying to accomplish. Show me why PLSD's flip lead you to believe that the margin of error was small enough to utilize your role. Show me that you thought.

T-block

B2B TST
@Ran: You didn't answer my question. Why did you feel the need to use your power last Night? Why not try to convince us to lynch one of them instead of forcefully limiting our options? I don't care how strongly you feel about them being scum. Why did you choose this route?

@DeGrey: You already knew who the sorceress was, and knew that Ultimecia could possess people

I would say the mason flipping an already flipped scum role, but J's response to it was SOOOOOO bad.
Why does this post seem faked to me then?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I would like to know if you think there's value to this question, Ran.

@Your recent response: "Your vote was crap" is the response I already have from you. I want elaboration; i.e. was my reasoning poor? You're sheeping Nich, right?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Nabe: Yeah your vote was crap. And I also didn't like you because you were very willing to lynch alot of people. Fence sitty, and keeping your options open.
Ran, who, other than Reyth, didn't have at least four options they were willing to go with? FOUR PEOPLE CLAIMED ROLES THAT ALLEVIATED ENOUGH PRESSURE THAT THEY WERE UNLIKELY TO BE LYNCHED! Deadline closed in with reads blown off the table and nothing to go on.

This reason is bull****. Next.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Reyth: The time travel thing isn't too great, people can be removed from games for multiple reasons. Check out what T-block said about possessing which I think has some merit.
Even so it is a power that all the scum knew he had.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
@DeGrey: You already knew who the sorceress was, and knew that Ultimecia could possess people

Why does this post seem faked to me then?
Because I see no way to balance a role that allows you to convert a player after your death unless we are dealing with a mentor/mentee role. I doubt that. I have mentioned MANY times that I thought KK was the scummiest player in the game and that he continued to be ******** after the claim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Degray, why would I lie about that?

Meaning, I didn't like that you tried to save PLSD. And Nabe. What was your reaction to seeing PLSD flipping scum?

T-block

B2B TST
@Ran: You didn't answer my question. Why did you feel the need to use your power last Night? Why not try to convince us to lynch one of them instead of forcefully limiting our options? I don't care how strongly you feel about them being scum. Why did you choose this route?
Ran answer this

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tblock: Because I want one of them dead. Simple.

Nabe: No. That was my reasoning for a long time. I kinda skimmed his cases on you because I was busy with other things at the time (like arguing with Reyth)

T: I got to you no worries. ;o

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Degray, why would I lie about that?

Meaning, I didn't like that you tried to save PLSD. And Nabe. What was your reaction to seeing PLSD flipping scum?
I don't think you are. I dunno if it's active, but since I don't think you are, then I am pushing the point that you are ********.

Why was me trying to save PLSD and Nabe scummy? I believe the reasons I had laid out were legitimate and, IIRC, you NEVER took issue with them before now. Simply saying, "I didn't like that," does not make it scummy. Don't make me repeat myself again.

Back.
Your.
Up.

What do you get out of that question? My jaw dropped, but that's all WIFOM, so why are you asking? What do you gain from that?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Elaborate.
I don't think you are. I dunno if it's active, but since I don't think you are, then I am pushing the point that you are ********.

Why was me trying to save PLSD and Nabe scummy? I believe the reasons I had laid out were legitimate and, IIRC, you NEVER took issue with them before now. Simply saying, "I didn't like that," does not make it scummy. Don't make me repeat myself again.

Back.
Your.
Up.

What do you get out of that question? My jaw dropped, but that's all WIFOM, so why are you asking? What do you gain from that?
****ing bull****.

You're still not answering my question. If you want one of them dead, why not try convincing us toDay, instead of using force?
You realize that NO ONE here is satisfied with the reasons you're giving.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tblock: I did answer your question. You just didn't get what you wanted to hear. People won't lynch either of them, and I want them lynched.

Degray: You did not have legit reasons at all. I asked you that to see if you would have said if it changed or reads or something.

Top Bottom