• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbling Compromise

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
I never said the people in the MBR were ********, I was talking about the IDEA of a backroom :p

Back on topic, wobbling isnt game breaking but sure is ****ing stupid. PS: Im salty.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
The BRoom are just people who have good connections with others in the BRoom and like to post threads about how much better they are than everyone else.

Why else would we have one?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Pr0ject. The back room is a psuedo-government. When MLG ran things, they had a governing body (bureaucratic) that decided rules. Without some type of governing body, we would likely still be discussing time limits and stock counts.

I think that the MBR is a good thing, but it's work should be far more transparent. Their current method of not allowing anyone to view their real work makes their work seem illegitimate and undemocratic and ppl don't like that. That makes it easy to disregard them. There are 2 MW Melee players in the back room, and neither of them really play anymore! The Midwest therefore totally disregards everything the MBR does because we aren't being represented whatsoever.

I think that the MBR should strive to gain legitimacy by being more transparent, democratic, and equal in regional representation.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
The backroom exists because of people like Roneblaster.
Imposters exists by trying to talk superfluously. Seriously though if being against wobbling is roneblaster's opinion, why hate so much? Congrats on 8k posts btw.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Pr0ject. The back room is a psuedo-government. When MLG ran things, they had a governing body (bureaucratic) that decided rules. Without some type of governing body, we would likely still be discussing time limits and stock counts.

I think that the MBR is a good thing, but it's work should be far more transparent. Their current method of not allowing anyone to view their real work makes their work seem illegitimate and undemocratic and ppl don't like that. That makes it easy to disregard them. There are 2 MW Melee players in the back room, and neither of them really play anymore! The Midwest therefore totally disregards everything the MBR does because we aren't being represented whatsoever.

I think that the MBR should strive to gain legitimacy by being more transparent, democratic, and equal in regional representation.
There were like 4 people from the KC crew in the MBR before it was recently reformed.

D

Deleted member

backroom sure is great with members like pink reaper, very representative of the talent of the smash community

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If talent was all that mattered, MaNg0 would be in the MBR.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
backroom sure is great with members like pink reaper, very representative of the talent of the smash community
looooooooooooooooooool

@ strong bad

mango should be

the way he plays and the way he thinks would be good to use for whatever the MBR does

he is definitely the smartest player and has experience that goes waaay beyond what anyone else in there has

mango>mbr

only thing is

all he would say would be

idk

just RAAAAAAAPE

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Why isn't Mango in the BRoom?

He's the best player in the world

Is it because he posts

like this

with spaces?

hbox is a scrub but not me

raaaaaape

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
peef, i know you didnt play back then so you probably dont realize this, but the ruleset used by most tournaments was not invented by mlg, but rather within the independent tournament scene and then used by mlg.

mlg later had their own rules that nobody liked (2 game sets, cant play the same stage twice even in a continuation best of 11 so pc has to take ken to princess peach's castle, etc), and those rules were almost exclusively used at mlg tournaments

wobbles, i realized this today but i wanted to ask you, was it a coincidence that you stopped going by honorbound when you really embraced this technique?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
His playing skill isn't being questioned at all. His drive to seriously and intelligently debate about the game is, however. I think MaNg0 would rather not do so, since it'd seem to bore him, and most of his posts in the Melee Discussion forum seem to reflect his more playful style of posting, which isn't really helpful to the MBR.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Why isn't Mango in the BRoom?

He's the best player in the world

Is it because he posts

like this

with spaces?

hbox is a scrub but not me

raaaaaape
I asked that once and Umbreon confirmed it was the way he posts and also
"We don't know how much about the game he actualy knows"

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The backroom exists because of people like Roneblaster.
can we call that style of argument...roneblasting? lol
Reneblasting?

also Reneblade-Yesterday, I was just trolling <3. Even tho I strongly disagree with your position and every attempt at reason you put forth. No disrespect.

M2k's profile still says he is part of the MBR.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No, we can call that style of argument "KK wuvs Roneblaster as a person but thinks he's a big silly dummy and Roneblaster would marry KK if KK had lady parts but also thinks KK is full of himself and wrong". Both are probably correct.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Wobbling is gay because it creates a massive skew in the skill level of mid to high (but not top) level players. ICs don't even need wobbling to kill you from a grab, all it does is allow newbs to kill you off of a single grab

prime example: peef making it into brackets of poe3 wobbling nearly every stock of his tournament
edit-i don't care about this argument and am unsubbing so don't bother trying to get me to respond
double edit-keep in mind that getting a grab is EASY, and not getting grabbed is HARD, not the other way around.

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
nintendude, im not trying to make this personal, but i have already told you what i think makes wobbling wobbling.

if you do more than 1 tilt/headbutt combo in a row, you are wobbling.

I <3 KK even though he never gets on aim.

fly- "wobbling being legal should be the status-quo" thats not exactly pockys best work, its an opinion, dont insult him or me like that.

peef- no you arent getting it. falcos dair can hit you a billion times, but it only kills you at very limited times.
a successful wobble will kill you 100% of the time.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
puu, the problem with the BR is that one member of the community, who is mostly inactive, handpicked every member, a decent portion of which are inactive and/or not that knowledgeable about the game, tournament scene, etc.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wobbling is gay because it creates a massive skew in the skill level of mid to high (but not top) level players. ICs don't even need wobbling to kill you from a grab, all it does is allow newbs to kill you off of a single grab

prime example: peef making it into brackets of poe3 wobbling nearly every stock of his tournament
edit-i don't care about this argument and am unsubbing so don't bother trying to get me to respond
double edit-keep in mind that getting a grab is EASY, and not getting grabbed is HARD, not the other way around.
Nowhere throughout this post was a single criterion reached or elaborated upon as to why the technique should be banned.

Much like the entirety of this ****ing thread.

Oracle

Smash Master
Pink reaper knows more about this game, especially the overlooked aspects, more than the majority oof the people who go here, save KK maybe. It's not completely talent based.

Nice reneblade! I'm totally anti wobble now that I see how mature the people who support it are and how many wonderful coherent points they make!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i forgot how my feelings for strongbad were tied into how i feel on wobbling.

its a good thing you're here to set me straight.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
puu, the problem with the BR is that one member of the community, who is mostly inactive, handpicked every member, a decent portion of which are inactive and/or not that knowledgeable about the game, tournament scene, etc.
Im pretty sure they have 4 leaders and they vote amongst themselves. LOL, what if umbreon only posts in the BR haha?
fly- "wobbling being legal should be the status-quo" thats not exactly pockys best work, its an opinion, dont insult him or me like that.
That wasnt an opinion. Its a fact. When the game came out, like ALL games. Everything is completely legal.

As more and more things are discovered, some things are found to disrupt or destroy the integrity of the game. Items for instance, overpowered, and very random. They were legal, and there was a valid movement to put a ban on them because of how quickly they shift matches, how strong they were, and how random alot of the aspects of them were. When the game first went to tournament these were legal.

wobbling, like everything else, is as the status quo dictates legal, UNTIL its proven broken or to destroy the integrity of the game. FYI, destroying the integrity of the game does not mean its mad gay and if Im not careful can lead to me getting *****. Its more like, DAM! Wobbling is soooo good, they only way I can compete at top level is to also wobble. Or DAM! Placings 1-25 were all wobbling IC players, at every tournament. Or DAM, IC are the best in the game by a decent margin and its impractical to choose anyone else if I want to have a shot at not getting knocked out first round(lol this ones actually pretty bad.)

The natural state of everything within this game is legal, until proven too stong in which case you would put a ban on it. Wobbling is only really good, and there are other moves in this game that are just as good. Lots of guaranteed 0-deaths, just some are easier than others. Thats not a problem. As ppl have said b4, its not hard to shine spike with a 1 frame move which is probably unpunishable at TAS level or b4.

Wobbling is completely preventable, you cannot say its 100% a kill until it has been executed. 20 % jiggz gets that uptilt-THAT REST IS GONNA HIT, unless they mess up. SAME 4 WOBBLING. First they have to get a grab, it also has to be desynced, and nana needs to be close. You can mash out b4 ten percent. If they mess up the timing they fail and the wobble will break. Just because its easy doesnt mean its broken. Alot of moves have percents in which no matter how you DI you cannot survive, actually most. And there are alot of guaranteed combos that end in death as long as you dont mess up. Wobbling is no different than sheik tech chasing a falco to death 4 times in a row and getting a 4 stock.

Luscien vs falcomist-Id rather be wobbled lol. Its at least harder to set up.

Edit: I think brawl banned smashballs b4 the tourney scene. Cuz they are ***s lol, but maybe they just counted it as an item. idk.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
BigD: I actually changed my name for a short period from HonorBound to Blind, representative of the fact that I had no idea what I was doing when I played and I might as well have my eyes closed. Then dormmates in college started calling me Wob and Wobs and Wobbles and I thought it would be fun to have a stupid name and do well in tournaments. It was still several months before I decided I would officially main ICs, and a few more after that before I registered the new name.

As for The Phoenix, I 1) liked Phoenixes, 2) lived in Phoenix, 3) liked comeback victories, 4) enjoyed how the ICs can recover from the bottom of the stage by flying with synced squall hammer, and 5) my last name is Wright and I thought Phoenix Wright was a ****** game. I took it off though, because people just call me Wobbles and I feel dumb having it attached.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pink reaper knows more about this game, especially the overlooked aspects, more than the majority oof the people who go here, save KK maybe. It's not completely talent based.
I know everything.

EVERYTHING.

not really. I know remarkably little compared to people who actually know everything like Magus and Cactuar and whatever.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wobbles' name is actually Rob WRONG because WOBBLING IS WRONG AND DEMORALIZES SMASH BROS.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
True facts: the person in that story actually started using wobbling before you did. It was called "ladling", because his name was ladle.
:psycho:
Actually, his name was Zach Soup and we joked about calling it ladling as a result. We first started using it together, because he didn't browse smashboards but wanted to play ICs, so I learned random stuff about them to pass the knowledge on to him. He became an IC main more than a year before I did; I was still a Fox/Mario/Doc player at the time.

Top Bottom