• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.A.M.F Remix - **POSTPONED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyth

Smash Lord
I put a statement after it that shows I axknowledge hes gotten better and I might not have a right to say that. unless ur the person in question u really shouldnt say anything.
and again, LOE1 hasnt beaten me since we've been playing in a while, so I dont know how he actually stand in terms of skill compared to me.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I beat u at DRDNs last SF, and I say that because he hasnt beaten me in about a year.

once again, u had no reason to say anything, but you come into my conversation with wrong information and you try to insult me.
Beating my :peach: (I don't have one btw) in a friendly counts?? Are you ********?

Wait how about we just MM for $20 again? You can lose to another character I don't play.

And I will ge involved in what I feel like. If you're being ignorant, you're gonna get called out. At least LOE1 puts in work to get better. You got called out because the tone of your post is condescending. And you really have NO right to condescending.

zyth

Smash Lord
if you dont count freindlies then we havent played in about a year. if ur gonna try and put urself over me because of that then ur just not putting up an argument.

doing a $20 MM was impulsive, and I got screwed over by a glitch. lower it then fine.

if you get involved in things that dont involve you then you are making yourself look ignorant. I dont have as much time as LOE1 to practice to get better. hes still in highschool.

wtf@that

Yo go to a community college, and I go to a university. Clearly u should be better than me since u have more free time l0l.

Highschool is just as much work as college is, classes being harder in college is offset by that fact that you take more classes in Highschool. in fact i def have more free time in college since i get to pick my own schedule.

zyth

Smash Lord
highschool is easy compared to college. i didnt have to study any to get a 3.4 average and 31 on the ACT.

College my parents are making me study all the time and leaving me with almost no free time unless I lie. if I was on my own I would agree that I would have more free time, but as it is my schedule is usually full with plans made by my parents that I cant change.

ZTD | TECHnology

if you dont count freindlies then we havent played in about a year. if ur gonna try and put urself over me because of that then ur just not putting up an argument.

doing a $20 MM was impulsive, and I got screwed over by a glitch. lower it then fine.

if you get involved in things that dont involve you then you are making yourself look ignorant. I dont have as much time as LOE1 to practice to get better. hes still in highschool.
Time for a breakdown.

1. While is true that I have nto played you in about 4 or 5 months, I have proceeded to defeat you in about 5 sets throughout a 12 month period.

2. I have outplaced you at every tournament we have both entered since December of 2010.

3. I am Power Ranked and have been consectutively for 3 seasons. You are not even on the radar.

4. Losing one game due to a glitch (that I could have won without because your lead over me was marginal) doesn't not explain why you lost Game 1 and got bodied Game 3. If you're insistent on using the "Losing Game 2 made me not care for Game 3", then its less about losing to a glitch and moreso losing to your inability to cope with stressful and unexpected situations that happened in previous games.

5. Being in high school or college is irrelevant. I'm sure you have the time to set aside for practice. You either don't practice, or you practice inefficiently resulting in your mediocre growth rate in relation to skill. I worked 80 hours a week up until Season 4. And now I work and do college full time. No johns.

6. I will body you for $5 if its easier on your wallet. :denzel:

If this isn't enough evidence, I can prepare a thesis if you'd like.

zyth

Smash Lord
Time for a breakdown.

1. While is true that I have nto played you in about 4 or 5 months, I have proceeded to defeat you in about 5 sets throughout a 12 month period.

2. I have outplaced you at every tournament we have both entered since December of 2010.

3. I am Power Ranked and have been consectutively for 3 seasons. You are not even on the radar.

4. Losing one game due to a glitch (that I could have won without because your lead over me was marginal) doesn't not explain why you lost Game 1 and got bodied Game 3. If you're insistent on using the "Losing Game 2 made me not care for Game 3", then its less about losing to a glitch and moreso losing to your inability to cope with stressful and unexpected situations that happened in previous games.

5. Being in high school or college is irrelevant. I'm sure you have the time to set aside for practice. You either don't practice, or you practice inefficiently resulting in your mediocre growth rate in relation to skill. I worked 80 hours a week up until Season 4. And now I work and do college full time. No johns.

6. I will body you for $5 if its easier on your wallet. :denzel:

If this isn't enough evidence, I can prepare a thesis if you'd like.
1. I can think of 1 set we have played that you won. that was the MM. everything else was friendlies, and I win those more than you, of course you dont count friendlies tho.

2. you place higher than me at tournies, but like I said we havent payed each other in tourny for about a year. and I placed higher than you at a Game yard tourny.

3. GJ being PR. this is still just a matter of we havent played in tourny for around a year or so.

4. be honest, if I hadnt lost a life because of the glitch I woulda won. I was around 10-15% on my second stock and u were on ur last. everyone has times when a BS moment in a match breaks their concentration. u do, pros do, everyone does, that was my time. probly wont be the last.

5. if my parents walk past me and see me not studying, they tell me to get off what ever I am doing and study. even if I studyied for 7 hrs before I started playin games. just yesterday my dad suggested that I dont play any video games or watch/read anime for the next month and a half. after that month and a half I could only play games or watch read anime for an hour a week. you dont know about my circumstances so quit talkin like you know how much time I can spend on something.

6. i can accept a $5 MM :denzel:

I know tech enjoys it, but the peanut gallery should quit **** ridin

ZTD | TECHnology

1. This is incorrect. You were knocked out DRDN's World by me. And despite the stage list, our set only took place on legal stages. That was in December. Unless you're able to do simple arithmetic, I believe December of 2011 isn't a full year from May of 2012. In fact that's not even half a year. I also beat you at Rizkin' 2 in pools. That was about a month before DW. Perhaps the **** was so bad, you blocked it out of your memory?

2. Please respond intelligently to my points and try to stay on topic. Gameyard 2 was nearly 2 years ago. I am amused that you're bringng up an incredibly old tournament to refute this point. I stated I have outplaced you at every tournament since December 2010. Gameyard took place before then. Please read more clearly and use basic comprehension abilties before responding to me.

3. Please refer to my previous point.

4. You only THINK you would have won. Me being a better player affords me a stronger likelihood of turning the match around from a disadvantageous situation. And while yes "**** happens"..you blame only the glitch and not your own mental flaws as a player for losing Game 3. This is why you are still a mid level player.

5. It seems like you're still able to attend tournaments and Smashfests consistently. You have options. Its up to you to make the most of what you have. That's the game and that's life. Get over it.

6. Thanks, I'm going to buy 2 4 Lokos with your Lincoln. :yeahboi:

Lastly, no body is **** riding me. Except Gifts if you know what I mean.

:denzel:

LOE1

Smash Lord
i have decided that zyth *****es too much for me to team with him.
@tutu: yoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

JTsm

Smash Master
And the **** talk continues....

High School is ***.

kd-

Smash Lord
I heard that LOE1 guy won a tournament, but can't find documentation on it... perhaps it's just a... legend?

Also you're gonna wish my :icsmelee: had an ice pick because you're gonna need to get scraped off the wall from them ;]

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Welp, the venue got back to us and it is unavailable. I am venue searching. We might end up at the church we used for WBST 2/3. If we use that venue, we only have till 8pm so if thats the place, I'm either going to cut the fighters so all setups are for smash (the longest event) or cut doubles for both events. making it a singles only tourney including UMvC3 and SG (If I do this I am considering running an Amateur Bracket).

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Assuming a noon start time, Smash doesn't need more than 8 hours to complete both doubles and singles, so I don't think you should cut anything Smash related. Consider running the fighters and Smash doubles at the same time, and limiting everyone to entering only one of the events... FC is doing something similar and there aren't too many complaints there.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Assuming a noon start time, Smash doesn't need more than 8 hours to complete both doubles and singles, so I don't think you should cut anything Smash related. Consider running the fighters and Smash doubles at the same time, and limiting everyone to entering only one of the events... FC is doing something similar and there aren't too many complaints there.
Will do, Ham and I will be going up to talk with the church today or tomorrow. Depending on how late their office is open.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Quick question/tally.

Would anyone want to do what LoLiS did and do Singles pools before doubles?
I see a few positive things that could come out of this.
1.) It would get an incentive for people to show up on time.
2.) It would get the biggest time eater out of the way.

I've been thinking about running it but I want to get a community thought on it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Hell no.

I hate the idea of mixing the two events like that. Then you just have people sitting around doing nothing for several hours because they didn't enter doubles. If people can't make a simple deadline without some valid excuse...**** em.

Plus it doesn't matter if you switch when pools is run if you run it like **** its going to take forever whether you start it at 12, 4 or 9 pm. And if its run well then it will run faster. The time of day shouldn't matter. Its only about how efficient you are.

zyth

Smash Lord
if I dont go to work that morning it doesnt bother me....if I do have to work I'd probly miss pools if its before noon.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't like singles pools before doubles. It won't solve any time-related issues. People who like to arrive late will still arrive late, pushing back the schedule anyway while additionally pissing off everyone who only wanted to enter singles. Just don't let late attendees enter, or charge extra $ for having to put them in late.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Hell no.

I hate the idea of mixing the two events like that. Then you just have people sitting around doing nothing for several hours because they didn't enter doubles. If people can't make a simple deadline without some valid excuse...**** em.

Plus it doesn't matter if you switch when pools is run if you run it like **** its going to take forever whether you start it at 12, 4 or 9 pm. And if its run well then it will run faster. The time of day shouldn't matter. Its only about how efficient you are.
I don't like singles pools before doubles. It won't solve any time-related issues. People who like to arrive late will still arrive late, pushing back the schedule anyway while additionally pissing off everyone who only wanted to enter singles. Just don't let late attendees enter, or charge extra $ for having to put them in late.
This. It doesn't affect me, but it'll hurt the people who only enter one event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom